UPSB v4

Hand Care / Callus from Pen Spinning?

1. Gash
    Date: Wed, Nov 9 2011 22:50:13

I don't think there's a thread on this yet. Anyways, after intensive practice of pen spinning. I think I developed a callus on my right hand, middle finger, just below the top joint. I'm pretty sure this happened because of constant use of medium weight to heavy weighted mods. Yes, I learnt my lesson awhile ago ^^ So, has anyone got a callus from pen spinning? Or is it just me? Also, is there anyway to "treat" it or reduce the size of it?

2. Danny116
    Date: Thu, Nov 10 2011 00:26:28

if its a callus then i guess its gonna be a while b4 it goes away, or ever Sx could be you have sensitive skin or you just bust too much xD been practicing busting for 4 months.....never happened to me yet :/ hope it not too much of a problem, keep spinning!

3. spinford
    Date: Thu, Nov 10 2011 00:36:30

I have tons of callus on my hand due to practicing piano lol! But yeah since I over use my thumb while penspinning, Theres a tiny callus on my thumb

4. Gash
    Date: Thu, Nov 10 2011 00:52:41

@spinford Hmm I play piano too, but I don't intensely practice. Probably only about 1-3 hours a week. So that's probably why I don't have any calluses from piano.

5. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 00:57:43

i actually have a really bad callus on my right middle finger and left index finger from yoyoing and it makes it stupidly hard to do tricks in 23 slot on right hand and 12 slot on left...

6. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 18:30:39

never had them from penspinning

7. Mats
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 19:59:40

How are you getting calluses from piano and pen spinning? :? I only ever got calluses from hours of sledgehammering, and even then it took a few times of doing it.

8. Kyoflow
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 06:32:00

Mats wrote: How are you getting calluses from piano and pen spinning? :? I only ever got calluses from hours of sledgehammering, and even then it took a few times of doing it.
    i have no idea how penspinning would give you calluses...but piano, trust me, my mom is a piano major and if you practice for hours and hours and hours non stop, you get calluses. same with violin. i also have some minor calluses on my palms from parkour :P

9. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 03:10:21

Minor calluses on both thumbs sometimes but they go away in like 2 days. :/ Just go lighter or don't spin so much. Actually, that's bad advice. The spinner is never separated from the pen. :facepalm:

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 03:45:50

Not from PS. I have a big one on my ring finger from writing because I hold my pencils and pens kind of strangely lol.