UPSB v4

Hand Care / Train your opposite hand.

1. gyrobius
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 04:11:17

If anyone has any ways to make it easier to train their opposite hand for spinning they should post it here. Maybe using the opposite hand more often would help. like for writing and masturbating.

2. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 04:20:38

practice

3. Colin
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 04:20:57

Masturbating? Easy. Just get used to it. On the penspinning note, you already know how to execute TA, fingerpass, that kind of stuff..its much easier, you just have to get usability and familiarization with your left hand

4. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 05:33:57

Once you get used to stuff on your dominant hand it'll be much easier. It took me months to get double bust on my dominant hand but only like 15 minutes with fiddling around subconciously on my less dominant hand.

5. Explosion101
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 06:32:31

easier if you know the trick on your other hand because you know what to do

6. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 07:17:17

master trick/linkage in main hand first it's easier once you have muscle memory for it in your main hand, this 'memory' can then be 'transferred' to non-dominant hand (rather than learning the motions from scratch again) note: you might need to train the actual muscles in non-dominant hand first, for example, it's hard to do a devil's around 34-34 on non-dominant hand at first because pinky and ring finger muscles are weak, doing stuff like fingerpass rev can help fix this

7. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 13:55:18

been training my left hand in every day tasks for about 2 weeks now. If you haven't experienced it already I recommend you try it out for yourself, it was a little hard to keep up, (ended up slipping quite a bit) but it's a pretty unique experience. It is easier to learn it after you have learned it on the right, but I question whether or not it would be even better to learn the trick on both hands simultaneously when you're learning for the first time.

8. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 16:07:15

i.suk wrote: master trick/linkage in main hand first it's easier once you have muscle memory for it in your main hand, this 'memory' can then be 'transferred' to non-dominant hand (rather than learning the motions from scratch again) note: you might need to train the actual muscles in non-dominant hand first, for example, it's hard to do a devil's around 34-34 on non-dominant hand at first because pinky and ring finger muscles are weak, doing stuff like fingerpass rev can help fix this
    Totally agreed with this. Even though your hand may have the memory transferred, the physical aspect isn't. You'll still have that obstacle of fused fingers at 234 and the weak muscles. But I got that covered learning ring bak all the time. xD

9. Elune
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 16:07:35

Imo if you've learned a trick with your dominant hand, learning it with your opposite hand will be quicker xD I mastered my Sonic Harmonic in about 3 weeks and a half (with my right hand), then with my non-dominant hand it took only about 1 weeks xD

10. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Sep 6 2011 22:28:52

Could you master even faster perhaps, both hands at once? Idk, something to consider. It might be slower to start, but then you would be naturally used to spinning in both hands, might lend itself to easier 2p2h or 1p2h work.

11. gyrobius
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 00:28:04

Are there any other exercises that you do to help get more comfortable with using your opposite hand?

12. EliteForce23
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 11:57:30

Try ambidexterity training dudes. I have been doing it for year. It looks cool 'cause you can pen spin on either hand while writing on the other.

13. subin_
    Date: Wed, Dec 7 2011 13:19:45

@EliteForce23 can u give some fragments of ambidexterity training...

14. johndspinner99
    Date: Tue, Mar 20 2012 07:51:50

gyrobius wrote: If anyone has any ways to make it easier to train their opposite hand for spinning they should post it here. Maybe using the opposite hand more often would help. like for writing and masturbating.
    yeah You Are Right !

15. Kari
    Date: Tue, Mar 20 2012 15:18:14

gyrobius wrote: Are there any other exercises that you do to help get more comfortable with using your opposite hand?
    Just using it more. Just try using it for everything instead of your dominant hand. Besides, Psing with your opposite hand is easier as is because you already know how to do it with your dominant hand. Same goes for you @johndspinner99 And learning it early into spinning helps too. Although that will slow your pace down a bit but you will be good with both hands eventually. ^_^

16. Epic Holiday
    Date: Tue, Mar 20 2012 16:37:57

Fingerpass. Try fingerpass first of ALL. it will help you a lot. I broke my "1" of my Right Hand... Trained Fingerpass with my left hand. :) My fingerpass with my left hand is better than my right one -.-

17. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Mar 20 2012 21:15:50

I play piano and cello, so I guess it's more flexible? On cello I do vibrato so you have to loosen your left hand and maybe that helps

18. sarugio
    Date: Wed, Mar 21 2012 01:42:56

yeah maybe using it in real life more often help. i always wondering about this just in case i lost my right hand LOL

19. MondPs
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 02:07:13

Epic Holiday wrote: Fingerpass. Try fingerpass first of ALL. it will help you a lot. I broke my "1" of my Right Hand... Trained Fingerpass with my left hand. :) My fingerpass with my left hand is better than my right one -.-
    agreed with you!!

20. Giotto
    Date: Tue, May 8 2012 00:47:28

thumbaround.it was quite first trick on my left hand and then i practice ta rev.

21. Boxxy
    Date: Sat, Jun 16 2012 16:24:30

I find it a lot faster to learn tricks with my left because I already know how to do them; An example would be it took me an hour and a half to even do 1 TA with my right but when I tried it with my left I did it in 5 minutes; I also found it easier but less comfortable and felt strange. That is what I think and have experienced.

22. vertaz
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 20:15:05

I've personally found that mastering the fingerpass first on your left hand is great because it helps you get much more finger coordination and flexibility

23. Rozzi
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 20:57:41

hmm... is it worth learning to pen spin with your least dominant hand?

24. Kari
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 04:00:10

Rozzl wrote: hmm... is it worth learning to pen spin with your least dominant hand?
    That depends on you. People can't tell you if it is worth it or not because that is their opinion with their style of spinning. I'd say learn it then answer your own question.

25. Chu-Yung
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 16:12:51

I had the same exact experience as Boxxy.

26. Rozzi
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 17:34:41

Kari wrote: That depends on you. People can't tell you if it is worth it or not because that is their opinion with their style of spinning. I'd say learn it then answer your own question.
    hmm... maybe I will then. Thanks~

27. TerryAngX
    Date: Tue, Jun 26 2012 08:46:06

my left hand damn noob

28. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Jun 27 2012 14:41:20

Kind of nostalgic, learning all the stuff again with the non-dominant hand. being a noob again in some way. ^_^

29. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 15:47:07

Nashi wrote: Kind of nostalgic, learning all the stuff again with the non-dominant hand. being a noob again in some way. ^_^
    I think it is entertaining. It gives you far more to do with pen spinning. You can learn transfers and 2p2h spinning. Although... 2p2h with different combos in each hand is very difficult. I tried it once and ended up spamming a continuous combo in one hand. :p

30. Nashi
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 17:05:33

Or let your left hand train another style than your right hand. :D And fool people with it. "No, that is not me, who's spinning in that video", hehe. Just like Eriror did. ^_^

31. Alex
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 21:36:31

I find training your opposite hand to be extremely difficult 0_o

32. wings
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 06:04:58

hmm doing a few fundamentals on left will help right? i just wanna spin and fap on my leftie lol

33. Demon
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:38:52

how do i train my left hand when in actual fact im left-handed but i use my right hand to spin, for some weird reason O.O

34. Alex
    Date: Sun, Jul 8 2012 23:07:43

learn like you learned with the other hand?

Demon wrote: how do i train my left hand when in actual fact im left-handed but i use my right hand to spin, for some weird reason O.O

35. Alexis
    Date: Wed, Sep 19 2012 03:51:05

I'm naturally right handed, but my right hand isn't as flexible as my left hand so i've started to learn pen spinning on my left hand :D

36. Reason
    Date: Sat, Sep 22 2012 02:30:32

Alexis wrote: I'm naturally right handed, but my right hand isn't as flexible as my left hand so i've started to learn pen spinning on my left hand :D
    i find that kind of weird, but it should make learning on both hands much easier...

37. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Sep 29 2012 07:17:56

I got TA, charge, tw sonic, and sonic a lot faster on my non dominant hand (left). Still amazed at how fast I got the charge as opposed to my dominant hand.

38. fang
    Date: Sat, Sep 29 2012 08:31:51

Alexis wrote: I'm naturally right handed, but my right hand isn't as flexible as my left hand so i've started to learn pen spinning on my left hand :D
    I got almost the same but the other way around. I am left handed. But I started to spin with right, because my first tutorial was right handed. Makes learning tricks with left very easy for me.

39. Lucid
    Date: Sun, Sep 30 2012 14:40:25

I made up a mini 2 second combo. When i master in on my left hand ill try for other things

40. Reason
    Date: Sun, Sep 30 2012 17:01:58

im trying to teach a friend pen spinning and when i got to teaching her sonic she was having trouble with it. at one point she said "maybe i should try this with my left hand since im [B]left handed[/B]"... i was like "you mean you're not right handed... and you've been spinning with your right hand?". it was pretty funny but now im convincing her to use both hands since she isnt bad with her right.