UPSB v4

Hand Care / Pinky and Ring finger locked together

1. aznpenspinner
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 22:28:33

Hey, when ever i try to do a bak fall or quadruple infinity my ring finger moves with my pinky. I tried to stretch it out, use tape but its still locked together. How can i create pinky independence?

2. Twine
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 23:26:47

Bro you're fucked. Enjoy it :) I have the same problem

3. aznpenspinner
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 23:38:46

aww, i heard that breaking your pinky and getting it healed will make it independent but i dont want to go to my parents saying "i broke my pinky so i can could pinky independence soo can we go to the hospital now?"

4. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 23:51:42

aznpenspinner wrote: aww, i heard that breaking your pinky and getting it healed will make it independent but i dont want to go to my parents saying "i broke my pinky so i can could pinky independence soo can we go to the hospital now?"
    dude kcom told u that and its bull. i broke my pinky well dislocated it really bad and it dodnt help one bit. and if i was you id just keep spinning alot :)

5. aznpenspinner
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:06:48

so basicly its imposible to gain pinky independence unless your born with it?

6. Kiiro
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:13:24

i think u should just give ur pinky a workout my gym teacher during the volleyball lesson showed us a finger excercise i think its pretty good for penspinning u put presure on your fingers and just curl them up then uncurl them then i started doing this excercise with only my pinky my ring finger goes with it but i dont apply pressure to it

7. aznpenspinner
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:17:15

Kiiro wrote: i think u should just give ur pinky a workout my gym teacher during the volleyball lesson showed us a finger excercise i think its pretty good for penspinning u put presure on your fingers and just curl them up then uncurl them then i started doing this excercise with only my pinky my ring finger goes with it but i dont apply pressure to it
    i spin books on my fingers and i can use my pinky, if i used a text book and spined it for about 1 minute and let it rest and repeat do you think that will help?

8. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:38:57

my friend said . always train your pinky by carry some heavy thing use your pinky , not too heavy ==

9. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:43:32

just practice moving it with no pen or anything you need to give it some time with training cuz your body has to pretty much grow atrophied nerve cells, they are kinda like a muscle which you never used, just be patient with it and work on it regularly

10. Twine
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 03:13:31

Don't listen to any of the above replies. I have the same thing as you. I've been spinning for almost 3 years now and during those years I've tried to train it but nothing helps.

11. Hex
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 03:48:18

It just comes with practice. If you can do sonic 34-23. There should be no reason for it to stick together. Try this exercise. Spread your hand on the table. Then tap the table with your index finger only, then middle, then ring, then pinky. The index and middle will be easy. Ring and pinky are hard. By the end of it. Your pinky should be the only one tapping the table. Same with ring.

12. Iota
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 04:29:53

It seems impossible, i know, and I think i had a similar feeling when I was trying to learn bakfall at the ringbak stage. However, i'm pretty sure everyone has this, your fingers (ring and pinky) can never be truly and fully independent that i know of, as far as moving down pinky and not ring goes. You just need to practice ringbak a ton, took me forever, but you'll eventually get it down regardless of a lack of independence, and at least gain enough that you need in the process of trying. it does take a lottt of failure for that one, though, but it's worth it. good luck, and never break your fingers or do stupid stuff to get independence, its just that there is a very small margin for error in ringbak type stuff as compared to index, mid, etc. you can still do it just fine if you practice. :D

13. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 04:30:03

i found my pinky a lot more "independent" and stronger after i played the piano for like.. 3 years. maybe you can practice stretching out your pinky alone every now and then because that is what happened a lot during piano for me.

14. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 05:10:30

@aznpenspinner Practice some tricks in that area of your hand. This post has been made before btw...... Try like inverse sonic, twisted sonic, their reverses, and so on in those fingers. It takes time to get them independent; it took me almost a year just to perfect the bakfall and get the fingers independent. X_X It's because I was still a newb then.

15. Rabbid
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 05:15:54

GigaByte wrote: my friend said . always train your pinky by carry some heavy thing use your pinky , not too heavy ==
    I heard this before too-.-

16. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 05:23:49

Rabbid wrote: I heard this before too-.-
    i think . i forgot who tell me this on fb . XD

17. Elune
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 09:33:57

@Twine : so you ... cannot do a Bakfall ???

18. Twine
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:01:15

@Elune Yes I can but my right hand pinky kills some linkages I want to try. [video=youtube;XLxN7P1grQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLxN7P1grQg[/video]

19. Soren
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 14:27:44

its hard, but do stretching exercises to your pinky, i still cant do the quadruple inifinity too, my pinky wont listen to me