UPSB v4

Hand Care / Pinky Lock

1. Josh
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 02:38:07

I have kind of a weird pinky, on both hands. When I straighten it fully, it "locks" at the middle knuckle, and I have to use a certain amount of force to bend it again. It happens every time I straighten it too, it's not like a once-in-a-while thing. I can feel it clicking when I bend it @_@. It's kinda interfering with learning to do 3-4 sonics (Im super new at this lol), and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem and what they've done to overcome it. Thanks!

2. Raos
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 02:41:01

I had a similar problem with my pinky before. My suggestion is just keep bending it and moving it, thats what I did, Hope it helps.

3. AWtii69
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 03:56:27

you might be double jointed, im not so idk wat to do. but that might be why if it helps at all

4. King
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 04:17:54

Same problem here. Sucks doesnt it? I can only move it without locking when its in sync with my ring finger.

5. happy_happy
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 04:39:37

Yes, I've had that problem doing charge rev 12 > pass rev 12-23. My pinky bent involuntarily. I've been trying to fix this recently. Just note what tricks you do that make your pinky do that, and try to fix it while you do those tricks. Another problem is that you might be using a heavy mod, and your pinky could lock from that as well, kind of going into an unappealing position (speaking from experience). Just use a lighter mod when fixing it, if that's the case.

6. Josh
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 17:02:42

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, Ive been told I'm double-jointed. I can snap my pinkys really vigorously as a result, like I can poke people really hard with it lol. @King: It does! Does it get better in time, or is it just something you gotta work around? Anyone else double-jointed have any tricks to getting around this? =)

7. Enigmatic
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 17:12:45

that used to happen to me too, it went away after a while though, both my pinky and ring finger used to lock slightly and i had to curl my fingers slowly to get them unlocked, just relax your fingers and do some exercises, look up greg irwin finger fitness on youtube, that helped me

8. King
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 22:23:21

@Josh : It hasn't got any bit better. And ive had this problem since i was 6 (Im 16 now). :(

9. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 06:00:48

AWtii69 wrote: you might be double jointed, im not so idk wat to do. but that might be why if it helps at all
    Double jointed makes it much easier

10. AWtii69
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:25:57

Breezy wrote: Double jointed makes it much easier
    ok... i learn sumtin new every day

11. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:27:44

AWtii69 wrote: ok... i learn sumtin new every day
    don't we all...

12. Enigmatic
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 18:28:47

lol I'm double jointed too and it does go away

13. Ronnie
    Date: Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:33:36

I have had that issue doing cost rev 12 > complete rev 12-23. My pinky curved unwillingly. I've been trying to fix this lately. Just observe what techniques you do that create your pinky do that, and try to fix it while you do those techniques.