UPSB v4

Hand Care / Warming Up Before PSing

1. capoboy
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 13:18:37

Hi guys, I just want to know what warm up do you do before PSing? I shake my hand, massage it a little bit, do a finger pass without a pen, and shake it again.:spin:

2. fang
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 14:55:14

depends of what I am doing it for. If it is for a simple collab, I just start spinning while thinking what combo I am going to make. if it is for publiek, I do the same as you, but not in that order. if it is for a battle where I already know the combo, I just try to do some hard linkage, if it works, I know I am ready to spin! :P

3. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 15:09:53

I just pick it and spin it right away. >_>

4. Bleevlee
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 15:16:02

Same with me XD

5. Quai
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 15:21:36

turn on the cam and just spin.

6. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 15:22:35

When I wake up in the morning I'll click all my knuckles and rinse with lukewarm water. :)

7. Enigmatic
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 16:32:09

check out greg irwin finger fitness on youtube, I do that and it warms up my fingers and loosens up my fingers, then I do sonics and charges a couple of times a long with finger passes untill I get the feel of the pen again, then I move to harder tricks

8. capoboy
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 17:17:44

wow, interesting ideas, lol.

9. JackyMacky
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 21:11:37

I warm up in the morning spinning my KT Get my glasses I'm out the door I'm gonna hit this city. Before I leave, get my pens, spin them in front of my friends. Doing infinities, thumbarounds, and a finishing end. (a finisher) I'm spinnin', everybody crowding around, 'round. Watching me spin my pen, pen. Doing some backarounds, 'round. Pen poppin'. Trying my personal mod, mod. People going "oh my God, God! How the fuck do you do thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?" Don't stop, make it pop, techno blowing my speakers up. Hai tua, index spread, to an epic double bust. Tik tok, on the clock. And the spinning don't stop, NO. Oh woah woah woah, Oh woah woah woah! [B]Lol, just kidding. I do my tipped charge > rev charge combo to warm up. ^_^[/B]

10. Enigmatic
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 03:27:00

lmao it took me to to get to the 4th part to figure out it was from that tik tok song XD

11. capoboy
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 04:01:30

LMAO, good one! :p

12. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 05:17:44

A good warm-up is absolutely necessary. As with many other activities, failure to properly warm-up can result in injury. My warm-up routine for a pen spinning session is as follows: Finger Waves: Raise/lower fingers in succession to create a wave effect. 10 times on right hand, 10 on left, then 10 with both hands simultaneously. Typing Random letters: Pretend to type random letters as fast as possible for 10 seconds. Perform three sets, with 10 seconds rest in between sets. Finger bends: Bend thumb as far down as possible without assistance. Hold for 10 seconds. Then do this on every other finger. Perform this at least two times. Stretches: Stretching is critical to avoiding conditions such as carpel tunnel and arthritis. Stretches must be performed with proper form. Stretching guidelines can be found in the finger flexibility/independence thread. Be sure to do a thorough cool-down after spinning also. I follow the same procedure as above, but without repeating any exercises. Stretching is crucial. Remember: Warm-ups are to be done in a way that they feel easy. You should not exceed 70% of your maximum heart rate during this time.

13. Raos
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 00:22:43

blahblahting wrote: A good warm-up is absolutely necessary. As with many other activities, failure to properly warm-up can result in injury. My warm-up routine for a pen spinning session is as follows: Finger Waves: Raise/lower fingers in succession to create a wave effect. 10 times on right hand, 10 on left, then 10 with both hands simultaneously. Typing Random letters: Pretend to type random letters as fast as possible for 10 seconds. Perform three sets, with 10 seconds rest in between sets. Finger bends: Bend thumb as far down as possible without assistance. Hold for 10 seconds. Then do this on every other finger. Perform this at least two times. Stretches: Stretching is critical to avoiding conditions such as carpel tunnel and arthritis. Stretches must be performed with proper form. Stretching guidelines can be found in the finger flexibility/independence thread. Be sure to do a thorough cool-down after spinning also. I follow the same procedure as above, but without repeating any exercises. Stretching is crucial. Remember: Warm-ups are to be done in a way that they feel easy. You should not exceed 70% of your maximum heart rate during this time.
    3 letters WTF you take it way too seriously

14. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 09:17:49

sometimes i like to spin lighter pens for a couple minutes and try to do basic combos. (dc commssa.....pencil..) then when i pick up my main mod its easier.

15. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 09:34:29

[video=youtube;HWmDbbYH1OQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmDbbYH1OQ&p=0BD426E072113D6C[/video] I do these warm ups at 0:48

16. capoboy
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 14:09:28

Yesterday I did very slow finger passes for 15 minutes, and then I spun. I don't know why, but I felt I could spin better after doing those. I'll use 15 minute finger pass as my warm up now, lol. :spin:

17. sangara
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 23:24:59

I spam Baks to get the blood flowing.

18. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 04:29:39

fingerpass, fingerpass rev, a few very simple mini combos (PD twisted sonic 23-12 > pass rev 12-23-34 > thumbmiddlearound T34-23 > pass rev 23-12 > indexaround 12-12, and twisted sonic 23-12 > neo sonic 12-TF > TF charge rev > fl ta rev TF-12), and a few power trick sequences

19. Cookiez
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 10:47:43

I would do some finger stretching :P Then a fingerpass. I havent learn combo XD

20. Clyde
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 18:03:05

I never warmed up before psing, but I watched psing videos to get me pumped up/motivated to continue to pen spin...like watch supawit or etc elites then compare yourself to them, then imagine they're getting +10000000 scores on the girl you like and imagine that you'd beat them to your girl lol

21. Bleevlee
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 19:23:19

Wtf that's O.o

22. Tinybizzle
    Date: Mon, Apr 25 2011 06:10:58

i rub one out before i spin, does that count?

23. Soren
    Date: Mon, Apr 25 2011 14:59:30

JackyMacky wrote: I warm up in the morning spinning my KT Get my glasses I'm out the door I'm gonna hit this city. Before I leave, get my pens, spin them in front of my friends. Doing infinities, thumbarounds, and a finishing end. (a finisher) I'm spinnin', everybody crowding around, 'round. Watching me spin my pen, pen. Doing some backarounds, 'round. Pen poppin'. Trying my personal mod, mod. People going "oh my God, God! How the fuck do you do thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?" Don't stop, make it pop, techno blowing my speakers up. Hai tua, index spread, to an epic double bust. Tik tok, on the clock. And the spinning don't stop, NO. Oh woah woah woah, Oh woah woah woah! [B]Lol, just kidding. I do my tipped charge > rev charge combo to warm up. ^_^[/B]
    lol wtf, when i was reading this i was singing it lol

24. Kiyo
    Date: Thu, Apr 28 2011 18:26:49

xDD nice idea ;) I somehow try to get my hand warm^^ And I'm not able to spin in the morning! NEVER :(

25. Mufoofee
    Date: Thu, Apr 28 2011 18:57:16

Warm my hands. Crack my knuckels. Relax my fingers. Sometimes when i wash my hands with warm water they get that feeling when you put sand on your hands so i put some lotion on.