UPSB v4

Hand Care / Tape

1. Koza
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 08:43:40

So, i thought i'd give this a try. First, how long should you tape your hands for? And what're the benefits of using tape? I taped my middle finger to my palm and my ring finger to my pinky.... and it is quite painful to stretch. I'm guessing that is just my tendons or whatever screaming in pain from being stretched in a way that it normally doesn't go. On a quick side note. To anyone who has middle finger independence and wasn't born with it, how long did it take for you to get it? I don't care for the answer "everyone is different" i friggin' know that. Cause thats what i get from everyone. But i am asking for personal answers. If nothing else, maybe i can make a guess-timate. lulz Anyway, thanks a bunch. ~Love Koza

2. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 08:47:30

Some use powder to spin :D

3. Jamie Enns
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 09:01:14

i taped 234 together to learn inv shadow 12-12, helped soooo much. but I did it for control, not flexibility.... i don't think you are going about it the right way. most people practice tricks to gain flexibility? i can do PLENTY of tricks I initially couldn't just with practice. Sonic clip 13 took me over 2 years :D

4. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 10:09:58

Wow you guys actually use tape to spin or to learn tricks? I never thought or looked at it that way. mm :huh:

5. Bloodinator
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 13:23:56

Teach me how to tape my thumb so that it doesnt move? My middle around reverse is failing because idk why i cant resist the temptation to catch the pen... always happen...

6. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 13:24:07

I always thought tape was for boxing when you were training to make your hands stronger. I guess if it works to make your hands stronger for boxing then it must work for PS too.

7. Elune
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 14:11:28

Well, when I learned Sonic Clip 1-3, I figured out that we should not try to keep the pinky BESIDE the ring finger, we should keep it UNDER the ring finger, instead :) As the main problem is that your pinky will "rise" and stop the pen spinning, the ring finger will help you keep it down ... Much easier, I think ... Don't know if it's right, but it worked for me :) P/s : Tape ? Wow, I haven't tried >.<

8. J74Q
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 14:27:13

WOW. Your method is AWESOME. IT WORKED FOR MEH :D OMG... THANKS :D FINALLY SONIC CLIP.

9. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 14:30:31

Yup, I'm a big proponent of the sue of tape. Again, maybe not so much for flexibility, but control. I ued it for my sonic clip to keep my pink agains the ring finger, and I used it for my spinning in general to keep my thumb from twiching around while doing tricks. I just use scotch tape, see where you need improvement, tape it up and practice.

10. Elune
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 14:37:49

yeah...there're probably some tricks involving tape, maybe some kinds of inv shadow ? Anyway, I'm not interested in shadows, so I haven't tried yet ... Could you list some tricks like that ? Some tricks involve tape ? @J74Q : I'm glad that helps ... However I believe that you have to learn to keep the pinky beside the ring, too, as you can't always put it under the ring finger >.< But by that way, much faster and easier :)

11. J74Q
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 14:39:42

Yeap Im so happy... could do clip sonic for almost 3wks alr...

12. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 15:40:27

practise makes perfects

13. Koza
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 17:20:04

Alright then. If that's the case. What tricks would you guys recommend practicing for middle finger independence? I'm definitely using the inverse shadow thing, cause that's just a good idea. XD But my middle finger is, as always, my main concern.

14. J74Q
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 22:53:24

@Koza You Point it too much :trollface: Just kiddin.

15. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 22:55:43

Well tape + trick youre working on helps. What trick are you trying to get down? Tape your fingers so it forces you to work on your weak spots and practice the trick.

16. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 23:31:47

I don't understand this topic very well. :S Is it like taping your fingers in a position for independence or what?

17. Koza
    Date: Tue, Mar 8 2011 23:47:19

It's taping other fingers down so they can't move and you can exercise the finger you want independence with specifically without your other fingers in the way.

18. J74Q
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 00:33:06

Learning my Middle Around wit tape now catch rate from 10% to 20 :D...

19. Elune
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 16:04:36

I'm having problems with my pinky ... It keeps bending whenever I do some tricks such as MA, RA, TwSonic Bust,... It doesn't interfere too much in my tricks, but I think it's very ugly >.< Can I tape it with the ring finger to keep it straight ?

20. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 17:00:17

Yup. Actually if it's about pinky palcement tape ight work, but if its something else you might want to use a static object to keep the pinky in position while you do the trick. (Sucha s a book or a wall)

21. Elune
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 05:15:53

So how long should I tape them together ? All day or just when I practice ? I think I have a really ugly hand >.< Not a hand for spinning >.<

22. Elune
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 14:36:56

errr .... a little help here ... guys?

23. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 16:32:45

Tape it when you practice, you can keep it taped all day but it won't do you much good unless you practice doing the trick too.