UPSB v4

Hand Care / Hand pain

1. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 17:54:21

Well last night I was spinning with a mod that was a little heavy for me, and ended up practicing tricks for a few hours. Now it's been over 7 hours and my fingers still feel extremely tired and I get a lot of pain in my wrist when I spin. I have ice on it because I didn't know what else to do. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of the pain? <_<

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:10:19

Don't spin for a few days, and spin lighter mods when you do come back... Hand pains usually last a whole day, I've had pains which have lasted a week, do some stretches, and make sure to warm up even if you ever do decide to spin a heavier mod, (and don't spin it for extended periods of time). If your hand is telling you to stop, then stop. I know sometimes my fingers will swell up or something or my wrists will hurt so bad I wont be able to spin, so I don't for a few days until it feels better. Also work on your technique, maybe something youre doing is causing your fingers to get tired (besides the heavy mod) go to something lighter, and pay more attention to your hands. :]!

3. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:29:35

I guess I'll just use my left hand for a few days or start using lighter pens. I think my fingers got so tired because I was practicing the same tricks too much. Anyways thanks for all your help^_^

4. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:31:24

To get rid of the pain? Painkillers! And the doctor will usually say 'if it hurts, stop.'

5. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:32:59

Mats wrote: To get rid of the pain? Painkillers! And the doctor will usually say 'if it hurts, stop.'
    I have had two extra strength painkillers since it started hurting, but they didn't really do much.

6. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 19:06:09

Have 4?

7. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 19:10:28

Mats wrote: Have 4?
    Hm. Never thought of that.

8. Colin
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:17:19

Mats wrote: Have 4?
    :facepalm: @Snorky have you ever heard of an OD? yeah. just stop spinning heavy mods. they wont help you learn. stick to mods under 15 grams, you'll be fine

9. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:23:14

Colin wrote: :facepalm: @Snorky have you ever heard of an OD? yeah. just stop spinning heavy mods. they wont help you learn. stick to mods under 15 grams, you'll be fine
    I had two, but they were a little over 10 hours apart. I'll probably only use my comssa now.