UPSB v4

Hand Care / Muscle Memory

1. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 08:16:21

Is it possible to lose your muscle memory ?

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 08:32:28

It is. I'm doing a lot of finger flexibility exercises to gain finger independence and get more control over my fingers. At where I am right now, I am able to change my finger movements slightly while executing various tricks.

3. Rude Boy
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 10:34:15

What do you mean by muscle memory? If it comes to flexibility, you can certainly lose it if you're not practicing, but it takes a long time I think. If it comes to ability to do penspinning, its like riding a bike. You don't forget such things. You can become a bit rusty, but it's always easier to come back, that start learning sth completely new. You can also have a brain damage which would make you unable to do any manipulation, but it's extreme example :P

4. tacohead12
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 15:51:29

I agree with above^ It would take an accident or an incredibily long time to lose muscle memory.

5. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 20:16:01

I stopped pen spinning for 2 years and I don't think I lost any of my muscle memory.:dunno: It's probably different for other people though.

6. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 20:19:41

So far as I know, muscle memory is stored in the hippocampus region on the brain. Memories in here are extremely slow to dimish. Probably any diminishing of the ability is not due to memory being lost, but tone and flexability of the muscle itself being reduced.