UPSB v4

Hand Care / Keeping Long Nails

1. Cloud
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 04:59:58

...I really want Baimai nails... The problem is I keep breaking my nails. It's really frustrating, growing it for a month and then breaking them. How do you guys keep your long nails? After like 1cm or so I tend to break them... I also: Play piano Do Tae Kwon Do Use contact lens...(I can only grow nails on 1 hand or else I'll poke my eye out... wahhh!) Various Sports What should I do? Help...

2. Twine
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 06:00:25

Wow idk how people break their nails. The whites of my nails are about 8mm each and I literally cant break them o___O Change of diet? Other than that I think it's just genetics

3. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 08:15:54

Twine has sexy nails.

4. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 14:44:02

nails breaking off just means u lack calcium overall. if u want the natural method, eat more tofu, spinach, cheese and drink more milk / soy bean milk. if u do NOT want the most natural way, take calcium magnesium tablets >_>.. Oh and if your blood type isnt B, dont drink milk / low fat milk. PrinceXD

5. spinnerhui
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 23:29:02

how the heck to you play piano with long nails....it drives me crazy playing sonatas with 3mm nails....

6. MystikSun
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 03:39:37

Cloud wrote: I also: Play piano
    I read this and I can say that you're at a loss :P Piano with ugly nail clicking sounds is unpleasant, to say the least.

7. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 06:13:45

@MystikSun im not that good at piano anyways... its just extra. Right now im just up to Richard Clayderman songs and Yiruma's Kiss the Rain which sounds soo nice even with nails...

8. Twine
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 06:20:18

Lmao, Baimai's nails would be more around the 1cm mark I would say. Yea, your piano playing will be shit with nails. I have to keep one hand right back to the nail bed to play guitar and put in contacts lol

9. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 09:03:36

@Cloud Any blood type other than B should avoid Milk. Reason is because long ago when scientists have broken down food to their first initial stage, they found out that food tends to "lean" towards certain blood type. If you're young and still in development stage, it is not obvious to you. But once you've reached certain age, your body will react somehow to food that you should avoid due to your blood type. One example is when I drink milk, My stomach feels bad, and it ends up poor "toilet moments". However, Milk itself should be avoided for several reasons OTHER THAN blood type. The world is so big, yet there are limited cows. Since the demand for milk is dead high, do you think there's enough cows to meet the daily demand? The current method of producing milk is thru injecting chemicals to cow's stomach, making their body believes that the cow is pregnant and therefore milk is produced. And because those milk itself aren't "naturally" produced, what you drink is basically the chemical used to "trigger" the cow. This leads to earlier growth, unstable periods for ladies, and affects the brain growth. It's just like drinking poison. When you say you drink 1-3 glasses of milk per day, I STRONGLY suggest you stop doing it. If you do it for calcium, you're not getting it. You absorb the chemical inside the milk MORE THAN the calcium, and "fake" milk does NOT contain calcium itself.. It is just "fake" milk with "factory-made" calcium. Alternately, you can drink GOOD QUALITY soy milk. Eat more tofu, spinach and cheese to absorb daily calcium. In conclusion, avoid milk. Treat it as something like.. Coke (The drink Coke.. not the drug). You can still drink it, but don't depend on it. I took nutrition classes, that's why I know these shit. PrinceXD P.S. Are there any white "clouds" on your nails? This shows your body is lacking Calcium. Just curious ;)

10. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 18:57:31

@PrinceXD is just for milk in HK? or for milk in the US too... ive been drinking what i think is good quality milk. Alta Dena and it says from cows not treated with rBST. i usually dont have any bad reactions to milk unless i drink a different amount. like if i dont drink for 2 days then drink 3 glasses clouds on my nails? what do you mean?

11. dekaf
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 21:37:15

keeping long nails is gross period.

12. shonenbatman
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 02:07:24

i dont do anything that would risk breaking my nails

13. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 05:46:18

@dekaf did i ask you? I think it looks nice. thats your opinion and nobody likes decaf anyways. Coffee is for caffine...

14. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 11:06:15

@Cloud Milk in US MIGHT be better comparing to HK, but the question remains the same. Do you believe there's enough cows in this world to keep up with the demand? The best quality milk is what you get in farms FROM true pregnant cows. Once the milk hits the factory for processing, it is not considered good quality anymore. Search [B]Leukonychia [/B]for the cloudy part. Edit: I just read that you drink coffee for the caffine.. well caffine "stops" your body absorbing calcium. It doesnt suck calcium out from the bones, but it will stop ur body from taking it in. PrinceXD

15. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 02:09:03

What's with this "Long nails" thing, first of all a guy having long nails is more nastier than a hairy ass. Second, I know some of you spinners out there are desperate to get a girlfriend and all so growing long nails will simply [B]decrease[/B] your chances of getting a girl. Lastly, good women (not immature ones) like a sharp looking clean cut guy, not some guy who can't find the decency to cut his own nails...believe me.

16. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 02:17:21

@PrinceXD i wasn't serious about the caffine thing... its been like 2 months since i had coffee i just had to bash back i dont have random clouds on my nails... @Im-still-here youve been on the board for less than a week and you are already pissing people off. Im fine with girls... and I dont need some stupid kid to tell me how gross long nails are... its personal opinion i didn't ask you... not the thread is "keeping long nails" not "do you like long nails" so if you dont have anything helpful to say then shut up

17. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 02:29:57

@Cloud Actually you're the only one getting as you say "pissed off" so calm down with the titty attacks eh? You are correct when you say the thread name is "Keeping long nails" although, that isn't specified enough to let people know what exactly you're talking about, therefore it isn't my fault..."kid"..:facepalm:

18. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 04:21:03

@Im-still-here true but didn't you READ the first post

19. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 13:31:01

Baimai is a devil :/ he makes me not cut my nails

20. juggalo666666
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 14:05:32

I have an issue of biting my nails anyone can help with that?

21. Koza
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 14:36:19

Willpower. Eventually you'll stop.

22. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 06:04:44

A bit late, but piano + nails = biggest no no ever.

23. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 04:33:50

yeah... this is officially dead. I gave up i kept breaking my nails playing basketball... that didnt help much piano either... cutting my nails felt soo good.

24. J74Q
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 15:14:31

How does keeping long nails help in PSing?

25. Elune
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 15:36:06

I guess long nails are just for appealing ... Don't help so much :-? And maybe you'll find it hard to do TP Pass due to long nails >.>

26. authenticatethepunk
    Date: Mon, Mar 21 2011 23:42:55

While I can only do the fundamentals, my nails are about two centimeters (not because I like them long), and they don't seem to get in the way of pen spinning. Sue me.

27. Cloud
    Date: Tue, Mar 22 2011 04:12:43

nope long nails dont do much i thought thye looked nice while spinning but they were too hard to keep so i cut them i got about 3 cm and they didnt really get in the way with spinning...

28. walrus
    Date: Tue, Mar 22 2011 22:10:22

I have this same problem. Either they break, crack, split, or lose color (instead of white => clear) <= sometimes and its 1/2 opaque...

29. poisoned
    Date: Thu, Mar 24 2011 04:35:21

Lol, jan weren't you just commenting on how gay long nails were just a month ago.

30. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:04:14

Sorry for the bump, but I have a question that is suitable in this thread. So, does your schools have this rule that your nails are too long when you can see them from the front of your palm? Mine does and I have to think of subtle ways and means to get past them prefects during school hours. And how do you get out of it when you're caught with long nails? Most idiots in my school will use "playing the guitar" as an excuse. Not that it helps in any way, nor do they PS.

31. Twine
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 02:19:00

What a stupid rule for a school! WTF. Protip: Avoid barspins on BMX or scootering. They break nails like no tomorrow

32. Cloud
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 04:56:18

thats a terrible rule... but id say just cut ur nails its not really worth it

33. Enigmatic
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 14:34:10

dekaf wrote: keeping long nails is gross period.
    lol Agreed, I dont let my nails grow that much, its no point

34. Ryder
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 16:05:34

a Friend of mine cut his nails every Math Lessons!^^ Short nails are way better! Especially for a Triangle Pass!!

35. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Apr 28 2011 09:27:57

Twine has beautiful nails :3 I'd say it's all personal preference on one's nail length. Some like it short, others don't.

36. voigtz
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 18:59:46

its hard to keep long nails when you do alot of outdoor things