UPSB v4

Hand Care / Sports and spinning

1. Sabaku狐
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 20:23:56

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who are active in sports. I do aggressive skating and I tend to bang up my wrists pretty badly. So sometimes it hurts to spin. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and what do you do to fix/avoid it? (obviously other than not falling on wrists)

2. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 20:33:09

Strengthen your hands wrists and arms, always stretch, learn to spin with both hands and be careful.

3. miyat
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 20:41:14

I play tennis and to get my wrists strong i squeeze a tennis ball a lot. i dunno if that would help from your wrist to stop aching but it makes ur wrist stronger.

4. Sabaku狐
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 23:23:00

shoeman6;963]Strengthen your hands wrists and arms, always stretch, learn to spin with both hands and be careful.[/QUOTE] I do spin nearly equally with both hands ^_^. [QUOTE=miyat wrote: I play tennis and to get my wrists strong i squeeze a tennis ball a lot. i dunno if that would help from your wrist to stop aching but it makes ur wrist stronger.
    Thanks both for you inputs. I'll try finding something to strengthen my wrists. My wrists ache more from sprains, stress fractures, etc. I'll try this out. Thanks :)

5. mintypaladin
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 16:40:05

soak water with warm water, dry off, rest them a bit, then it should be good

6. UEDan
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:40:04

Quit being a little bitch and deal with it like a man.

7. boshi
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 02:39:28

just wondering, but is spinning buster unhealthy? after starting spinning it for like a a week, my hand will hurt alot for a period and then ill rest, and when i spin it again it keeps hurting. im kinda to the point now where my hand is always hurting a little bit. is buster...bad?

8. 000zero0000
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 06:44:06

@Boshi, naw all new spinners are like that in the beginning. (i don't think your a new spinner anymore but..) it's just your hand muscles getting used to the new weight and having to use it so much. it'll pass in a couple of days

9. boshi
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 07:43:29

alrighty cool. lol wow im being lectured by someone newer than me T.T

10. Tomohiro
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 08:26:59

boshi wrote: alrighty cool. lol wow im being lectured by someone newer than me T.T
    if i remember correctly he's not that new ._. i remember him from upsb v3

11. Archermitch
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 09:20:47

My hands used to hurt for a few weeks, too. I don't know what caused it, but after a month or so, it completely went away.

12. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 12:07:07

I remember when I used to practice a lot I would get wrist and finger sores, just don't spin for the rest of the day maybe two, take frequent breaks, and work on your other hand ;D.