UPSB v4

Hand Care / Finger Independence

1. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sat, Nov 6 2010 01:58:15

I know I've made a thread already about how I can't bend my middle or ring finger without bending the other, but I guess anyone can ask about anything related to finger independence, too. Anyways, anyone got good exercises that can help me to be able to bend my middle and ring finger independently? Please? Trying to do Sonic Clip and Flush Sonic is killing me considering my inflexible fingers always block the path of the pen.

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Nov 6 2010 02:05:59

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=2145 Same applies Flush sonic shouldn't be a problem, tape your pinky and ring finger together when you practice it this way your pinky wont get in the way of the pen practice practice practice. Flush sonic is the same wpractice the movement guiding with the other hand the middle figner is more of a problem in this trick but really your fingers will get better at it. Another way to d it is just getting overall more independence with finger exerices, practice bending you fingers independently use tape if you need to, different sized balls or objects to help, feel which tendons are moving and what trouble pots you need to focus on and work on it. "The middle finger and ring finger share tendons. The ring finger is also connected to the pinky. If you fold your middle finger with the tip in contact with the palm and have the other finger tips rest on a table you will not be able to move your ring finger very much or without pain. This is because the tendon that has to flex in order to move the ring finger is already stretched to its limit when the middle finger is bent. Apparently this is so well known by medicine that it was a known practice in the 19th century to surgically sever tendons in the hands of pianists to increase ring-finger independence and allow better playing." You could get surgery "There are some people that do have independent extensor muscles for the middle and ring fingers. Having one for the middle finger is fairly common – about 1 in 20 people. Having an independent ring finger extenso is less common. However, if you can find someone who can keep their ringfinger straight while they flex their pinky you will have found one of those people with the independent ring finger extensor muscle." I don't, but if you practice trick by trick ther shouldn't be any issues...

3. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sat, Nov 6 2010 02:48:07

You think taping my middle finger to my palm overnight would help? Or would it kinda fuck my finger? And when i say tape it, I mean tape it in the position in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_VqGIlP8Y

4. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Nov 6 2010 02:59:55

well tape + practice is more effiecient, becaue your goal is to preform the trick, otherwise do finger exercises, stretch, do finger exercies, don't push to hard or you'll hurt your hands

5. Holypie
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 03:16:19

shoeman6 wrote: However, if you can find someone who can keep their ringfinger straight while they flex their pinky you will have found one of those people with the independent ring finger extensor muscle.
    Hey I can do that! Does it count if the ring finger bends in a little bit because of the skin pulling it?

6. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Nov 7 2010 05:09:40

Holypie wrote: Hey I can do that! Does it count if the ring finger bends in a little bit because of the skin pulling it?
    I can do that too! Perfectly! I dont even have skin pulling down my ring finger. I guess that makes up for my epicly retarded midle and ring fingers xD.

7. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Thu, Nov 11 2010 17:16:41

[video=youtube;YM4mRjjYnII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4mRjjYnII[/video] Success!

8. kramr
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:40:48

my pinky!!! ughhh help. thats the only one i need to free!