UPSB v4

Hand Care / pinky probs and will it effect my spinning

1. Solid
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 03:39:25

So bad news. Turns out I was born with a genetic problem commonly called "bent pinky". No its not like its inflexible like some peoples and no stretching it or trying to keep it straight will NOT help. I As per my doctor the bone never fully grew or developed and it never will. It runs in my family. I have been slowly training the muscle around the pinky to keep the bone straight but its physically impossible to make it perfect. It sticks up when I put my palm flat. How will this effect my spinning and style negatively. Any tips? Help? Questions? Any ideas are great! Thank you guys a lot please help!!

2. Lost Angelus
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 05:28:40

Tell the doctor to quit being a pansy and break it and re-set it or something. I don't know if it's caused by bone, so I'm not sure that would work. However, tell your doctor that [B]It's interfering with your quality of life[/B] and ask what could be done. Saying THAT, makes doctors listen to what you have to say

3. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 07:15:23

Lost Angelus wrote: Tell the doctor to quit being a pansy and break it and re-set it or something.
    LOL. Solid, I'm sure you can cope with the bent pinky.

4. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 13:28:34

Yeah I dont think it will affect your spinning too much if you can still move it around freely.

5. m1ch1
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 14:28:45

i think pinky is not so important, for me ring and middle are more important, because of the sonic variations. For example for the flush sonic you need to move the ring and middle independent from ech other.

6. AfroSquared
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 16:00:45

It might affect your style a bit, but you can still spin perfectly fine so it is not a big problem. Don't worry about it, man :)

7. Solid
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 16:24:48

Thanks guys and @Fluffey told me that.

8. Lost Angelus
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 16:56:37

Well it's not like there's a giant "knot" left from the break. Doctors often break and re-set bones that didn't heal properly. But if your finger looks like what what I'm imagining, then it's probably easier to do pinky catches.

9. Xzeria
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 17:01:40

It's so fun when <5 month spinners explain why it affects your style and it won't affect your spinning to a 1yr spinner.. ;o

10. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 18:09:50

Picture? I would really have to see. Some tricks cannot be done without your pinky outstretched fully. Devil's Shadow 34-34 will demonstrate that quite will. Depending on what your severity is. If it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinodactyly then you have no problems to worry about.

11. MPC
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 19:23:17

@Solid it's just a variation. If humans weren't born with variations, we'd still be single celled organisms. :) mpc

12. Nick
    Date: Thu, Sep 25 2014 23:17:50

JackyMacky wrote: LOL. Solid, I'm sure you can cope with the bent pinky.
    I would certainly hope so...

13. Dern Goid
    Date: Fri, Sep 26 2014 01:28:48

I have kind of noticed this watching your combos, but don't worry it shouldn't affect your spinning. The last combo of yours I watched I liked quite a bit, you've improved. With that said , just keep practicing, don't let it get in your way.

14. Monk
    Date: Fri, Sep 26 2014 10:43:53

having that variation will make your spinning unique

15. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Sep 27 2014 02:37:34

doens't matter as long as you can still do tricks with it

16. M&amp;MxD*
    Date: Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:53:53

I'm sure all of the spinners have their problems on the tricks using pinky on their begginers life ... :)

17. shoeman
    Date: Tue, Oct 14 2014 18:57:47

too much text, picture please

18. Fluffey
    Date: Thu, Oct 30 2014 15:33:20

Actually @Lost Angelus's example was a good form of change I guess, just that if I were you I might not risk it in case anything goes wrong

19. Voracity
    Date: Tue, Nov 4 2014 00:35:23

Fluffey wrote: Actually @Lost Angelus's example was a good form of change I guess, just that if I were you I might not risk it in case anything goes wrong
    didnt know you existed here fluffey. it will affect your inverse sonic 34 though, pardon me if i have the notations wrong. up to today i have problems doing it >.<

20. Firenzo
    Date: Wed, Nov 12 2014 12:01:43

I don't think it will affect your spinning that much, but if you feel like its bothering you I think I have the syndrome too. (every finger on my right hand except my pinky is bent inward, but only a little and I still spin properly)