UPSB v4

Hand Care / Ring finger problems :(

1. Kimura
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 10:47:25

So I've been practicing pen spinning for a year now and I still can't "bend" down my ring finger, whenever I tried to bend them, the middle finger keeps bending too, but only 50%. I would really like to ask a help from someone who knows how to solve this problem. Here's pictures of me trying to bend down my ring finger.

Spoiler

2. Reason
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 14:33:21

ive been spinning for 4 years and that still happens to me... i dont really think its something you need to fix. im not even sure if its something you [B]can[/B] fix..

3. fang
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 15:05:15

Also spinning for 4 years, although I can do it, it's something I already could do before I started penspinning. Not sure if that can be helped.

4. Zen
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 17:49:24

I am not sure if this is really relevant to pen spinning. However i believe you can use the same method you use for your pinky. (Check out KTrihn93's video) Try to straighten out your middle finger and then fold your ring finger down. This will cause sort of strain or sharp pain in between the finger. STOP. Then after rest repeat. The way you build muscles, is by creating micro tears in the muscle. The tears grow back and become stronger. This is why people (probably) don't work out, because it hurts. The most important thing is not to OVERDO it. If you tear the muscle, not micro but macro, you are in trouble. Again though I don't think this really relevant. These legend above me have been spinning way longer than me and are very good at spinning. So I wouldn't stress about it too much. Regards Zen

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 20:51:30

Once you have loosened it enough from Ktrinh you can advance to using whole fist with ring finger out. I'll make a video of my various stretches for hyper-advanced control, fingercross and independence if anyone wants it, though they are more extreme than I think any other option.

6. ChainBreak
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 21:47:17

I never really felt the need to stretch my fingers beyond what you can do already. Tbh the only tricks you would need more flexibility for is the RPD-style stuff. Which is not everyones thing.

7. suppyfezzy
    Date: Sun, Feb 23 2014 02:20:43

eurocracy wrote: Once you have loosened it enough from Ktrinh you can advance to using whole fist with ring finger out. I'll make a video of my various stretches for hyper-advanced control, fingercross and independence if anyone wants it, though they are more extreme than I think any other option.
    i would actually be pretty interested in seeing it as others im sure

8. Kimura
    Date: Sun, Feb 23 2014 07:18:39

Thank you for all your advices! :D I will try my best to follow Ktrinh's method. and @eurocracy, I would really like to see your video, maybe it would help me out! The reason I wanted to bend down my ring finger is I want to learn flush sonic, advanced spiderspin ( I can do this but only on the mid fing and it looks weird ) and fingerslot 24 passes. That would make my combos good!