UPSB v4

Hand Care / Transition to heavier mod hurts hand

1. SH1NeePanda
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 01:46:03

Ive been psing for about 2-3 years with an mx or bictory then today my penwish order came with a buster. I was surprised i couldnt spin as fast as i could. :( How long does it take to get use to a heavier mod and its putting a weird strain on my wrist + fingers.

2. LighT*
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 02:38:39

Glad you asked! Well, thats not a shocker that it put strain on your wrtist and fingers. your fingers are bulding that mucsel to get used to it. I assume it can take you around a week. Dont worry though, just keep uing it and youll get useed to it i promise! i hoped thiss helped :D! if you have any more questions please ask me and ill help ^^!

3. Shiftyei
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 02:39:12

I think it'd take about a few weeks to get used too =) Hmm, also, what's a great time to pick up a buster, spinning-age wise? A year-ish?

4. LighT*
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 02:45:00

Shiftyei wrote: I think it'd take about a few weeks to get used too =) Hmm, also, what's a great time to pick up a buster, spinning-age wise? A year-ish?
    A year would be good.

5. SH1NeePanda
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 03:09:23

Going outside the topic of this thread. I find its hard to maneuver my ring and middle finger when doing tricks like angle and warped sonic. How do I stretch out my fingers?

6. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 03:15:38

Yep, the heavier the pen, the slower it will spin. To lower the strain, adjust your speed accordingly. Try spinning a little slower and use smaller finger movements. If your hand is really in pain or getting inflamed it might be best to take a break. Try using the heavy mod for learning how to do new tricks and linkages, they'll be slower and easier to follow, and the lighter ones to master them, they'll be more difficult but let you apply the trick to more pens.

7. LighT*
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 03:17:04

SH1NeePanda wrote: Going outside the topic of this thread. I find its hard to maneuver my ring and middle finger when doing tricks like angle and warped sonic. How do I stretch out my fingers?
    This video should help :D : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m40jW37kpo I really hope this helped :D!

8. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 03:20:59

From my experience it has little to do with stretching, it's more just practicing the actual trick. You can do a lot of static stretches, but those might actually inhibit your fingers flexibility. The best way to practice flexibility for pen spinning is on a trick by trick basis, that way you get the full range of flexibility and motion necessary to do the trick.

9. LighT*
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 03:29:31

shoeman6 wrote: From my experience it has little to do with stretching, it's more just practicing the actual trick. You can do a lot of static stretches, but those might actually inhibit your fingers flexibility. The best way to practice flexibility for pen spinning is on a trick by trick basis, that way you get the full range of flexibility and motion necessary to do the trick.
    Well said @shoeman6 ^^!

10. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 04:29:35

It will take some time to get used to it, give it some time

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 09:11:09

Shiftyei wrote: I think it'd take about a few weeks to get used too =) Hmm, also, what's a great time to pick up a buster, spinning-age wise? A year-ish?
    Honestly when you pick it up makes less difference. Lighter mods do help style IMO, but heavier mods build up your tech skills. Pro spinners alternate between them.

12. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:24:03

I feel that the transition from heavier to lighter mods and vice versa usually takes a while but at most 1 week. You just have to get used to it especially if its a big change. Heavier mods tend to make tricks easier but that may not always be the case. I usually switch and practice between mods.

13. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 15:40:42

Apocalyptic Shadows wrote: I feel that the transition from heavier to lighter mods and vice versa usually takes a while but at most 1 week. You just have to get used to it especially if its a big change. Heavier mods tend to make tricks easier but that may not always be the case. I usually switch and practice between mods.
    When switching between mods, if you do it regularly you will be able to feel light mods as heavy enough to spin in ~15-30 minutes of spinning an unmodded, erasorless pencil.

14. SH1NeePanda
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 20:37:39

also, lol another off topic question but, is it just me or does your hands feel really weak after taking a hot shower?

15. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 22:37:51

after taking a shower you have less grip on your hand so the pen might feel a bit slippery.

16. Giotto
    Date: Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:15:30

SH1NeePanda wrote: also, lol another off topic question but, is it just me or does your hands feel really weak after taking a hot shower?
    hmm...not sure but i like to spin after shower somehow i feel like i spin better after shower or washing my hands...

17. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Apr 10 2013 15:47:55

I find it easier to spin because a hot shower warms my hands up.

18. webspider
    Date: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:58:40

Unloading your gun under the shower can make you faint, yes. A cold shower right before leaving helps a bunch.