UPSB v4

Hand Care / Rachmaninoff hands

1. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 15:34:19

Okay here is the story: My mom and grandma told me our family comes from a strong line of pianists. Which i thought was awesome (sun), the epic thing is my hands are like 17-19cm (palm to middle finger) and 9 inches (pinky to thumb) i loved my hands since then. :3 i took up piano also :D Anybody have these unique hands too? ^__^

2. spinford
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 17:46:36

so what are the line of pianists? can you list some? i am interested to know =) My hands well they are pretty small i can only reach ten haha! Yep i play the piano also and i love it!

3. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:25:32

aren't those hands quite normal/common? o_O

4. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 20:30:45

SwitchPalm wrote: Okay here is the story: My mom and grandma told me our family comes from a strong line of pianists. Which i thought was awesome (sun), the epic thing is my hands are like 17-19cm (palm to middle finger) and 9 inches (pinky to thumb) i loved my hands since then. :3 i took up piano also :D Anybody have these unique hands too? ^__^
    Rachmaninoff had 12 inch handspan hands, your hands aren't actually unusual. I've had comments on my hands too, mostly about their flexibility and the fact that they are hypermobile in the first joint of all fingers and thumbs. But they do mention "piano fingers" because they are quite long and bony in proportion to usual hands.

5. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 23:47:01

eurocracy wrote: Rachmaninoff had 12 inch handspan hands, your hands aren't actually unusual. I've had comments on my hands too, mostly about their flexibility and the fact that they are hypermobile in the first joint of all fingers and thumbs. But they do mention "piano fingers" because they are quite long and bony in proportion to usual hands.
    Well, im still twelve lol Also, my hands are almost big as my older bro (14)

6. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 23:47:58

Alvaris wrote: aren't those hands quite normal/common? o_O
    Not so sure :/

7. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 23:49:49

spinford wrote: so what are the line of pianists? can you list some? i am interested to know =) My hands well they are pretty small i can only reach ten haha! Yep i play the piano also and i love it!
    I actually didnt ask, :xd: EDIT: does this count as a triple post? :<

8. Quake
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 00:14:21

SwitchPalm wrote: EDIT: does this count as a triple post? :<
    It does. You should have just quoted all three quotes in one post. No big tho. Im sure a mod will fix it.

9. 20%
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 00:52:30

If you want to see my hand, i can show you ^_^