UPSB v4

Hand Care / Ring finger doesnt move unless middle finger moves

1. Kemu
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 03:18:42

My ring finger on my right hand doesn’t move unless the middle finger moves with it. Same with the middle finger. I cant move wither of them without moving the other. When I hold the fingers down to practice moving them independently, I can see the tendons sliding across my knuckles. Is this normal?? It isn’t like this for my left hand.

2. Gash
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 05:09:19

Lol I can't move any of my other fingers including my thumb without moving anything else >_>

3. NeoN
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 05:12:55

Try to moving your other fingers back while ring finger goes down.

4. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 16:45:32

Kemu wrote: My ring finger on my right hand doesn’t move unless the middle finger moves with it. Same with the middle finger. I cant move wither of them without moving the other. When I hold the fingers down to practice moving them independently, I can see the tendons sliding across my knuckles. Is this normal?? It isn’t like this for my left hand.
    lol lucky you. The tendon on my left hand can move over the knuckle which gives the fingers more flexibility. It's not on my right hand so inv flushsonic position is hard for me there. It's easy on my left hand though. :(

5. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 19:34:58

This is common because without doing stuff like PS your nervous system isn't developed sufficiently to give commands to each finger separately. If you want to improve finger independence (it will help you learn tricks faster) then practice stuff like inv. sonic, sonic clip, flush sonic etc. and also try to move fingers separately and slowly. You will gain finger independence with repeated practice but remember its going to take a while since new nerve cells have to grow in your hand before you get independent fingers. Its like working out but for your dexterity instead of strength ;D

6. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 20:58:25

If you're like me and just lack flexibility in your ringfinger due to an old injury you just have to deal with it. -._-.