UPSB v4

Hand Care / Stretching Exercise For The Fingers

1. ThundraByte
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 13:27:58

Any tips or exercises I can do for my fingers (especially for my ring and middle) to make them flexible? Cuz I can't stretch my ring and middle backwards while doing a ringbak or a flush sonic. I really need help.

2. Dimension
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 15:08:05

Sorry Im on a iPhone so I can't post the link :/ but type in :curing flexibility woes, on YouTube the vid is by ktrinh93 and it's really good :) I followed it for a fair while and now I can do an inverse flush sonic (^O^)

3. ThundraByte
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 23:21:57

Imma check it out.Thanks :)

4. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 00:52:34

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=1138 video compilation of greg irwin exercises. It's the best and fastest way to get flexible fingers.

5. Ronnie
    Date: Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:45:38

Hmm this is really appriciateable your post is really fantastic it contains really helpful material such a wonderful effort....

6. A-spin231
    Date: Sun, Oct 13 2013 14:31:51

fold the pinky and add pressure to it and hold it for some time. straighten the other fingers and remove the hold.you can make the pinky flexible by doing this several times

7. _Xenovia_
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 17:32:06

i am left hand ;o also im a noob to pen spinning! and i was wondering is there any way for your pinkie and ring finger to act independently cuz im trying to learn the sonic and the twisted sonic in the 34-23 slot. is there any exercises i can do or something to make it more flexible? Thx!!:boing:

8. Vedyl
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 18:13:53

Hello and welcome to the forums. I did this and it helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg4vZvwyaaI I've also seen some other finger excercises, and i think KTrinh93 made a video on it :) Have fun!

9. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 19:58:00

Im trying to learn the fingercrossed arounds that @RPD has a tut on, but when i try them in 12 my fingers hurt. So ive stopped them for now. Are there any exercises that can help me stop getting these pains?

10. RPD
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 20:05:39

you have to be careful when training finger flexibility, because its not like leg or arm flexibility. This is quite more dangerous because there are few muscles around the articulations and then, hurting tendons and stuff is more frequent. now it hurts. then stop until the pain is gone. tell me exactly where it hurts and what exercise you did so the next time you train it, you have less possibilites to hurt yourself ^^ @ShadowParadox

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 21:42:09

Warm up the muscles a little before spinning, fingerpass works best. Cross them one way and keep them relaxed, then pull them more crossed with your other hand until you feel a stretch. It should be uncomfortable but not painful. Hold for 20 seconds and repeat for the other way around. This is how I do it

12. Monk
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 21:42:36

The god has spoken, try not to overdo things or you'll end up injuring it. GL.

13. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, May 8 2014 23:29:34

RPD wrote: you have to be careful when training finger flexibility, because its not like leg or arm flexibility. This is quite more dangerous because there are few muscles around the articulations and then, hurting tendons and stuff is more frequent. now it hurts. then stop until the pain is gone. tell me exactly where it hurts and what exercise you did so the next time you train it, you have less possibilites to hurt yourself ^^ @ShadowParadox
    I tried to exercise the cross to get my index finger to stretch over more but it started hurting and hurt my indext figer

14. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, May 9 2014 06:44:20

ShadowParadox wrote: I tried to exercise the cross to get my index finger to stretch over more but it started hurting and hurt my indext figer
    Wait until any pain in your hand is gone before continuing and next time don't do it so hard