UPSB v4

Hand Care / Pain in the Palms

1. Kari
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 18:34:35

So I'm just curious if anybody else has had this before. I have a strange pain in both of my palm whenever I do something as basic as grabbing a door handle. It affects my spinning because some tricks I have to stretch for and it hurts. It affects my grip on objects as well. Does anybody know what it is or had this before? And if so, how would I get this to go away?

2. Gash
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 18:45:48

I used to have this problem. But because I played table tennis 4 times a week. Probably the muscles in my hand were tensed up. Not sure :/ My actual palm didn't hurt but it was the part right above the joint above my thumb. I never really had a way to stop the pain. I guess it was just a matter of being relaxed. I know this post didn't help =="

3. Fuse
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 20:16:32

Weird, try to relax your hands. Put them in warm water or something. I wouldn't suggest massaging them too much, it may make them cramp up if you do it too hard.

4. Kari
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 20:38:30

@Fuse, it is hard for me to relax as is. I have tried massaging them and I don't think it helps very much. Thanks guys. Guess I just have to wait for this to go away.

5. Iota
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 21:28:00

I know that, at least for activities like computer gaming and the like, anything where you're using your hands a lot and potentially with repetitive/strenuous motion or for good periods of time, there are stretches that help to fend off pains, soreness, RSI, stuff like that. I would suggest looking some of that up, and also potential causes of it being in the palm ^^ Good luck, hand pains suck ;-;

6. Waul
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 16:07:30

Wash hands with soap, and afterwards soak it into a warm water for about 10 minutes or so.

7. Reuben
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 06:58:38

My real hand didn't harm but it was the aspect right above the combined above my usb. I never really had a way to quit the discomfort. I think it was just a issue of being comfortable.