UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Immigration.

1. juggalo666666
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 19:26:59

How can we allow immigrants into the country? Simple answer: Don’t. I believe that immigrants are stealing jobs/social security/ many other nameable resources that could be going to true Americans. Yes I know the other-side of this controversy “How can we deny immigrants rights to live in America because we’re all descendant immigrants too. To the person that says that, Americans aren’t stealing the rights of other Americans away. Post your opinions.

2. taichi1082
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 19:45:13

juggalo666666 wrote: I believe that immigrants are stealing jobs
    ugh...

3. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 20:15:31

I can only write about the reasons in Germany so please forgive me if they dont apply to your country. In Germany the dying rate is higher than the birth rate. That means on the long run Germany would die. To prevent that Germany allows people from other countries to live and work here. Furthermore the rate of people graduating from university is constantly lowering. Of course Germany takes measures to get people to study more, but these measures take a long time to take effect. Therefore Germany also tries to get people from other countries that studied at university so it can keep making high quality products. Afterall Germany is a export nation. So if you want a job study hard enough to get one and dont bitch around like a little girl. The ones who study hard will get the jobs. The ones who get the jobs will get social security. No need to rage on immigrants.

4. King
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 20:17:21

The reason they're stealing jobs is because they are willing to work for less. So, Its the American's fault for not wanting to work for a pay that competes with that of an immigrant If you were to forbid people from coming to America, how do you think other countries will react? Potential embargo's on USA domestic products, potential american-owned-manufacturers-can-gtfo-of-my-country behaviors. honestly, how ignorant can you fucking get? "ITS NOT OUR FAULT WE CANT GET JOBS! THE IMMIGRANTS ARE STEALIN EM!" Get off your high horse and think about it.

5. sparking
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 20:33:01

chainbreak, you srs?! there are way to many students here in germany. in 10 years there wont be any people doing the 'not well payed' jobs, working in a bakery and stuff. germany just lacks qualified engineers the reason why there are so many foreign people in germany is because during the 1960s, when germany had to rebuild everything after the war, they tried to get those who worked for less money. in most cases that were turkish people (Anwerbeabkommen). they thought 'hey nice country' and didnt go back. thats all. there is no reason to not let them in to any country if they will do the work noone else is willing to do

Americans aren’t stealing the rights of other Americans away
    yeaaaaaa of course...

6. meeguelz
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 20:50:37

My family immigrated here from venezuela LEGALLY before I was born, it was a hard process and now my parents are taxpaying citizens. Immigration is important, it helps the U.S. economy grow and can save people who had a terrible life in their home countries (my parents luckily didn't). You have no right to tell a person they can't move somewhere to get a better life. Illegal immigration is a problem but the way you make all immigrants sound like criminals and thieves is just offensive. If you had a terrible life and you had a chance to escape to a better country like the U.S. you would go immediately.

7. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 20:53:07

sparking wrote: chainbreak, you srs?! [B]there are way to many students here in germany.[/B] in 10 years there wont be any people doing the 'not well payed' jobs, working in a bakery and stuff. [B]germany just lacks qualified engineers[/B] the reason why there are so many foreign people in germany is because during the 1960s, when germany had to rebuild everything after the war, they tried to get those who worked for less money. in most cases that were turkish people (Anwerbeabkommen). they thought 'hey nice country' and didnt go back. thats all. there is no reason to not let them in to any country if they will do the work noone else is willing to do
    You know that the reason for the student count is the lack of qualified engineers? Also what you wrote isn't entirely true. Germany made it very easy to immigrate into Germany in the last years. Especially university students from other countries are very welcome in Germany. It's true that the number of uneducated people immigrating rose over the past years, but there are already measures like the new Einbürgerungstest and others. But the main problem Germany has atm is that they lack educated people where they are needed. For example chemisrty grads. There are a lot of them in Germany, because Germany has a grand history in chemistry. The problem is that most people want to research and the number of research facilities is limited. So they dont get jobs, because there are not enough facilities to keep up with all the chemistry grads. On the other hand there are not many people taking courses for a teaching post. Germany lacks well educated teachers . There are the facilities, but noone wants to study a subject just to get a teaching post. People from other countries though can be happy with just a teaching post. A steady income and a lot of holidays they don't need more. And these people are motivated to immigrate into Germany by the government to help patch that deficiancy of teachers. There are also more complex reasons for Germany to keep getting immigrants, but I won't explain them, partly because I don't understand them entirely myself or the time it would take would just be too much. All in all: There are good reasons for Germany to let more people immigrate.

8. taichi1082
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 21:00:15

Your argumentation is flawed in so many ways, my mind can't compute this, I think I'm gonna faint

9. sparking
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 21:04:50

no, just no. well, maybe one thing.

The problem is that most people want to research and the number of research facilities is limited. So they dont get jobs, because there are not enough facilities to keep up with all the chemistry grads.
    which EXACTLY says, that there are too many of them you should read a bit about micro and macroeconomics.

10. CAHarmony
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 21:30:31

juggalo666666 wrote: Americans aren’t stealing the rights of other Americans away.
    you mean stealing jobs? I don't understand how immigrants steal rights...

11. funnky
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 02:01:02

this thread :facepalm:

12. Jet.
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 05:42:55

if we didnt have immigrants who would make me chinese food? or indian food? or any other food tahts so good. i cant just live off steaks i need some variety....well i probably could but i wouldnt enjoy it... (eating indian as I write this)

13. flaming oracle
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 06:46:45

Why does this sound like a racist thread???

14. sysolid2k
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 06:56:26

Hahah arent most spinners on here chinese ect.? I am not sure only heard from a friend thats more active than me that lives near by

15. Kion
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 07:07:42

I say better for the geniuses in china to come to the US and make it more advanced, but not better for illegal immigrants across the border.

16. MystikSun
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 05:04:42

Welp, then I guess I'm moving back over to Taiwan .__. no.

17. Sc00t
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 08:34:10

Da fuck out my county wetbacks! thems our womens. tell em Clarence!

18. PenwisH
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 09:25:41

If there is no immigration, USA would not be where it is today. The best and brightest in this country are a mix of people from all backgrounds. Everyone just needs to work harder and get more educated. If you think someone is stealing your job, work harder than them. Typical immigrants are willing to work for less and work harder; they come from very poor background and realize the benefit of being in the USA. More developed countries such as USA, UK, and other countries have TONS of deadbeats that rely on government to provide them with food, housing, and jobs; they take their benefits for granted. This such accommodations don't exist in other countries so you will find motivated worker trying to come here. While I am not a fan of ILLEGAL immigration, i have no problem with allowing hard working legal immigrants into the country. I prefer a hard working immigrant than someone who thinks he/she is entitled to a job based on nationality or just because they are from here. If immigration bothers you, USA isn't the country for you. more and more european, russian, and asians are coming over to this country and acquiring highly skilled positions based on educational/skills background. USA lifestyle and education is very appealing to all. Be better than the immigrants if it bothers you; work harder, study harder, and complain less. This is the land of opportunity; plenty out there if you are willing to work for it. Legal immigration = good Illegal immigration = bad

19. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 18:01:24

CAHarmony wrote: you mean stealing jobs? I don't understand how immigrants steal rights...
    Fuck it, I'll just hike down to mexico and take away the cartels jobs.

20. Mufoofee
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 18:42:11

juggalo666666 wrote: Fuck it, I'll just hike down to mexico and take away the cartels jobs.
    That's funny, but really, I dare you to go and get a real job, see how hard it is. You will find yourself making less than a dollar a day. As what Penwish said, without imigrants, this country would be more crap than it is. >.> I am for legal imigration, illegal, not so much. Edit: Decided not to write a lot as this thread has progressed quite a bit.

21. boshi
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 06:28:14

juggalo666666 wrote: immigrants are stealing jobs Post your opinions.
    i've heard a lot of arguments about this. but i feel like this argument is well...amurican(not american). sadly, id say 3/4 of the people living in the United States of America are amuricans. amuricans are the stereotypical lazy, bandwagon, uninformed americans. amuricans. there may have been 1 or 2 good arguments that iv heard against immigrants taking jobs from americans, but far too many of these complaints have come from amuricans. to amuricans, i say work harder and wake up. you live in a capitalistic country.

22. neXus
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 06:37:41

juggalo666666 wrote: I believe that immigrants are stealing job
    If the only thing you are qualified to do can be done by an immigrant that does not even speak the language you fucking deserve to have no job. My man Doug says it best: [video=youtube;nW20EMJr6o4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW20EMJr6o4[/video] 1:30 if you want to get directly to the taking jobs part

23. Epic Holiday
    Date: Tue, Mar 20 2012 04:38:39

I just wanna say that I'm Brazilian in US and I GOT YOUR JOB! BUWHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!