UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / High quality JEB videos with slow motion

1. EINTKALILFG
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 09:03:54

I'm still relatively new to pen spinning (just under six months) but I'm at a point where I'm comfortable with anywhere from eight to twelve second combos. In terms of progression, I'm at a point where I'm really wanting to develop a definitive "style" and I'm kind of lost on how to do so now. I learned from tutorials (KTrinh93) but at this point, spoken word just gets on my bloody nerves and my ability to develop combos has been largely coming from watching slow motion videos. In the case of "style", I've become obsessed with JEB videos and I love the flow and ability to link wipers into combos flawlessly. The problem, however, has been that finding high quality JEB videos has been trying, let alone attempting to search for good slow motion videos to learn from. Perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough or in the right place. Can anyone help me out on this front?

2. Gash
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 09:29:36

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm just trying to suggest ideas :D Umm old school JEB videos like Ayatori, kUzu etc.. aren't going to have any High Quality videos. But it's still possible to learn from them. What I do is download the youtube video. Then place the downloaded video onto Windows Movie Maker, so you can control the speed of the video or slomo it. If you can't be bothered downloading the video, and you'd like higher quality videos, you'd have to look at more recent JEB videos. Eg. Anyone from JapEN 7th. EDIT: Oh yeah, "spam space bar" method works on youtube for slowmoing lolol.

3. YUi
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:51:34

Old skool jeb vids are not in high quality. If you have a specific spinner you would like to learn from, you can go and hunt for his skydrive as most JEB boys have skydrive now. You can start on Ajisai's blog and narrow down your search. Hope this helped you (:

4. wotu1
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 15:11:03

What i used to do is go to youtube.com/html5 Then click that you want to join the trial. Then after that therell be an option on the youtube to slow the video to 1/4 speed. It just saves the time of downloading it :D. And for spinners, just follow what the other guys said, old school guys wont really have high quality videos. Id recommend all the JapEn's (especially 4) cause, well, its basically the best spinners of JEB at that time

5. Van
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 17:41:40

more like JEB ppl dont like to film in high quality, cuz low quality + darkness creates the set up for the most part =P

6. Joiemoie
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 18:14:09

Use enounce myspeed. It lets you slow down down or speed up a video by dragging the slider to .2x speed or up to 4.0x speed. Its perfectly smooth, but costs about 20 or so dollars (unles you can get it cheaply *wink wink*). There's also a 14 day trial.

7. taichi1082
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 18:30:56

YUi wrote: Old skool jeb vids are not in high quality.
    Most of them have a pretty good quality if you download the raw which is almost always provided PESP 2nd SPSL 5th Takupen 3rd JapEn 4th You can then use a good media player like MPC-HC to do frame-accurate slomo (or vlc with x0.25 slomo) Besides, I don't think those combos are LQ. Look at Ryo in SPSL 5th. Even though the video is only 320x240, the picture is sharp (512kb/s bitrate for qvga wmv stream. Thats more than enough). Watch kUzu in JapEn 4th. No noise in the background, constant 30fps. The cameras are pretty good but for the sake of presentation, clips are often made to look darker or have a higher contrast.

8. YUi
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 06:41:58

@taichi1082 do you know if makin has skydrive?

9. taichi1082
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:40:21

Yes, I know if MaKiN has a skydrive.

10. EINTKALILFG
    Date: Sat, Feb 25 2012 21:57:49

Thank you, everyone, for the outstanding responses. I've watched all of the JapEn videos and I love them. I've downloaded JapEn 7th and I'm working on trying to figure out some of the combos, which leads me to another question: Is it rude to ask for a breakdown of someone else's combo? I would really love to know exactly what is going on in Mind's combo in JapEn 7th. Also, what I've enjoyed probably the most so far has been using Ktinh93's video "Simple Mini Combos" to learn from. I've learned numbers 1, 2, and 4 and have been working out how to combine the three to build a longer combo while also incorporating some other things I've learned along the way. Is there anything like that floating around the internet that I can learn wiper integration from? Thanks again for the responses and thanks again for any further help!

11. Gash
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 07:21:21

EINTKALILFG wrote: Thank you, everyone, for the outstanding responses. I've watched all of the JapEn videos and I love them. I've downloaded JapEn 7th and I'm working on trying to figure out some of the combos, which leads me to another question: Is it rude to ask for a breakdown of someone else's combo? I would really love to know exactly what is going on in Mind's combo in JapEn 7th. Also, what I've enjoyed probably the most so far has been using Ktinh93's video "Simple Mini Combos" to learn from. I've learned numbers 1, 2, and 4 and have been working out how to combine the three to build a longer combo while also incorporating some other things I've learned along the way. Is there anything like that floating around the internet that I can learn wiper integration from? Thanks again for the responses and thanks again for any further help!
    You can request for breakdowns on this thread. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=45&highlight=breakdown But be sure to read the first page for the rules.

12. Joiemoie
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 13:34:54

Since were on the topic of style, are there certain tricks that look better with certain styles. If so, how do you know your own style and good looking tricks?

13. Tsubaki
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:33:25

YUi wrote: Old skool jeb vids are not in high quality. If you have a specific spinner you would like to learn from, you can go and hunt for his skydrive as most JEB boys have skydrive now. You can start on Ajisai's blog and narrow down your search. Hope this helped you (:
    do you know the link for Ajisai's blog? do you know if kUzu has a skydrive?

14. YUi
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:47:52

Ehhh, ajisai's blog is on his youtube channel. Go search. Andd... nope i do not know if kuzu has a skydrive

15. sopi
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 11:11:06

@Tsubaki Yes he does, but there are not many vids on it anymore :(

16. Tsubaki
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 13:35:48

[QUOTE=sopi;205019]@sopi what is his skydrive ? :D are those videos in high average or low quality?

17. sopi
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 13:54:24

@Tsubaki https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=162bc4349a397219&id=162BC4349A397219!134#cid=162BC4349A397219&id=162BC4349A397219!134 He's deleted nearly all of his vids, soo sad :(

18. Tsubaki
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 14:04:45

Why?:( His style is so awesome! Did he quit ? Sry for asking noob questions.

19. funnky
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 14:47:19

i have all of raimos solos downloaded on my computer