UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Tutorial : Korean arounds VS Weissan arounds (Bust & backaround)

1. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 11:33:50

[video=youtube;ecxHboxEcbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecxHboxEcbs[/video] Hi UPSB spinners :) I made a tutorial about the difference between Korean & weissan styles of backarounds & back revs ^^ I hope it'll be helpful :) I may have made some mistakes, please tell me if I did :) (sorry if there are already some tutorials about it, but i really wanted to make one)

2. Chobi
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 13:11:30

Never seen a tutorial about different styles, really. Great job man! :)

3. fang
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 14:41:23

Helpful, thanks!~

4. Reason
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 15:18:03

good information to have. nicely done :)

5. Karrot
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 16:44:56

Very Helpful

6. flaming oracle
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 17:05:58

Nice way to compair but are they both just as effishent? (sorry cant spell)

7. Soren
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 17:30:38

I prefer weis backaround.

8. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 19:43:33

Totally depends on your own style. Best to learn it both ways, but you will learn towards one or another... or a mixture of both.. eg for mix of both: i bakfall in korean style, i bust in weis style. Frog~

flame sivics wrote: Nice way to [B]compare[/B] but are they both just as [B]efficient[/B]? (sorry cant spell)

9. flaming oracle
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 23:41:05

Froggy wrote: Totally depends on your own style. Best to learn it both ways, but you will learn towards one or another... or a mixture of both.. eg for mix of both: i bakfall in korean style, i bust in weis style. Frog~
    Is there a way to like get it specifically on that spot for practice? Or is all pure practice?? x_x"

10. Rudra
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 00:06:00

Interesting. Never thought about it. Even after watching a bunch of bust videos, I never spotted the difference until now.

11. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 00:33:42

practice, and understand the difference in two styles eg: TW sonic double bust with weis style, the mod would usually lean on the finger flap so ur finger can move and do another bust korean style on the other hand... u have to move ur finger while the mod is leaning on nothing (or the mid finger if ur bust is weird) just understand the difference... practice... and see which one is easier for u i guess? Frog~

flame sivics wrote: Is there a way to like get it specifically on that spot for practice? Or is all pure practice?? x_x"

12. flaming oracle
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 00:47:58

Froggy wrote: practice, and understand the difference in two styles eg: TW sonic double bust with weis style, the mod would usually lean on the finger flap so ur finger can move and do another bust korean style on the other hand... u have to move ur finger while the mod is leaning on nothing (or the mid finger if ur bust is weird) just understand the difference... practice... and see which one is easier for u i guess? Frog~
    That really helps alot froggy thanks a bunch

13. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 00:50:11

There is really no reason to name anything "korean" or "weissan" other than baks. Doing so is just confusing and can prove to be detrimental in the future.

14. Pen Ninja
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 02:05:27

the whole korean vs weissan argument is rather old, tbh these days, it's a pointless topic there's too many diverse tricks, too many completely different concepts and too many different styles to continue spending so much time on whether ur bak or bust is closer to the base of ur fingers or not...

15. Ivabra
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:24:24

The point of this video wasn't to launch any argument ^^ I made it because it's good to know the difference Zkhan => That's why I posted it in the "advanced tricks" part, because it's hard to master both styles when you're a beginner :)

16. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:36:02

its even harder busting with 2 styles alternating.... i think :P someone so go try... oh and baks too while at it ^_^ Frog~

17. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 22:54:11

Ivabra wrote: The point of this video wasn't to launch any argument ^^ I made it because it's good to know the difference Zkhan => That's why I posted it in the "advanced tricks" part, because it's hard to master both styles when you're a beginner :)
    yes a beginner like me :) thanks

18. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Feb 22 2012 00:09:41

FYI. it's not actually called a weissan bust but it's a good way of explaining it!

19. Advecticity
    Date: Wed, Feb 22 2012 02:51:20

I think a lot of people refer to Weissan bust as being Vic style busts (due to his tutorials).

20. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Feb 22 2012 05:31:44

Advecticity wrote: I think a lot of people refer to Weissan bust as being Vic style busts (due to his tutorials).
    Vics busts are closer to korean.

21. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 18:04:32

I do korean backaround and weissan bust haha!

22. Fuse
    Date: Thu, Feb 23 2012 18:42:09

eurocracy wrote: I do korean backaround and weissan bust haha!
    Weird, I do the same thing. I can't do korean bust, but I can do both backarounds. I just think that korean backaround looks better.

23. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 15:06:00

That's because weissan backs are old school ^^ Btw I made a mistake. Apparently "weissan busts" doesn't exist, there isn't any style for busts. But anyway it's good to show how you can do a bust, on the top of the fingers or on the base of the fingers :)

24. Chobi
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 15:18:50

Just realised though. Is a fully weis style backfall even possible? Never seen a weis ringbak. Ever.

25. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, Feb 24 2012 16:13:11

I think it's possible but pretty ugly & hard. Morever it doesn't add difficulty, so it's a useless trick ^^