UPSB v4

General Discussion / starting a pen spinning club at school...

1. Rozzi
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 04:57:01

hi, so theres lots of people at my school who are good at pen spinning. most of them know all of the basics and a bit more. but none of them are..."advanced" yknow. most of us know each other because of our ability to spin a pen, and we thought it'd be cool to start a club of some sort at our high school to try and get people into it and kind of hang out. but, some people might get the wrong idea and think that "pen spinning" is for kids who just play with their pens and not pay attention in class. so, how can i legitimize pen spinning? thanks.

2. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 05:04:24

Maybe you and your friends could start a Manipulations club, with pen spinning being the focus, but i'm sure if you guys are interested in pen spinning, it'd be cool to have people who wanted to practice juggling, rubiks cube, or anything really hanging out as well. If not, there are a couple other members who have started clubs at their schools, maybe you could use their promo vids with permission. I think starting a club is a great idea :) Good luck.

3. Rozzi
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 05:12:16

thank you~

4. Reason
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 12:46:28

hmm... i would say, try to make some kind of a advertisement video that showed the true potential of pen spinning and maybe some of your pen spinning friends spinning as well. i know that people would be interested if they saw something like supawit's spinning... but maybe im making it a little too complicated for a simple high school spinning club. anyways good luck (and if all goes well try to make some tag/gathering videos of the club, i would love to see that)

5. Joiemoie
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 20:52:05

Well here's a question for your club? What will you do in it? I mean, you can give each other advice and stuff, but pen spinning mostly comes from practice and repetition. If you're just going to practice new tricks, you could just do it at home/during class. Wouldn't it be harder to focus and practice with other's watching you/studying your moves? I always thought that pen spinning was best learnt individually from youtube videos.

6. FireIce
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 04:16:21

lol if i even brought up half of the idea, all the teachers wouldn't even think and they'd go and " veto" it.