UPSB v4

Philosophy / How did pen spinning start?

1. Joiemoie
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 01:31:34

A lot of people learned because they saw others do it and knew it was possible. But how did the first person learn the first tricks? How did they know that a fingerpass would not be choppy forever and that it was possible? How did they know it was possible to do a charge and it would not just go up and down? BE CREATIVE

2. midniteferret
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 02:01:38

kam is considered "the father" of pen spinning. Though he prob wasn't the first to start it, he was able create tricks and make psing famous

3. MystikSun
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 02:04:47

midniteferret wrote: kam is considered "the father" of pen spinning. Though he prob wasn't the first to start it, he was able create tricks and make psing famous
    This. If anyone, @kam is the person to ask for anything history-related in penspinning.

4. Raos
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 03:09:40

there is no definite history, but claims of pen spinning dated back to WW2

5. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 03:10:27

It says on a wiki somewhere that the earliest documentation of pen spinning was pre WWII in a Japanese school. Where else would it start haha.

6. Van
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 04:16:53

hideaki guy

7. Abyss
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 04:44:50

Some Japanese guy from ww2 wrote in his dairy about ps or something :/

8. King
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 04:47:43

"Woah look what i can do with this pen" "Oo thats cool! What if we did /this/?" "Now put those together!" Etc. Then internet happened and BOOM. Penspinning associations/communities

9. Joiemoie
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 20:56:02

You guys all have the wrong idea. I'm not asking what happened. I'm asking how it probably happened. Theories. How it started, not basic facts.

10. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 23:58:45

jliba12 wrote: You guys all have the wrong idea. I'm not asking what happened. I'm asking how it probably happened. Theories. How it started, not basic facts.
    Someone wondered one day if they could do a trick with a pen (perhaps they could already do tricks with a similar object). They did a trick. Boom - Pen spinning.

11. Wobster
    Date: Wed, Feb 15 2012 07:40:07

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a couple of homo sapiens who used long bones to murder innocent, wild animals in order to survive. One day, these homos got bored from all the slaughtering and decided to throw their bones in the air. BANG. Aerial stick tricks were invented. After a few thousand years or so, emperors in Asia further developed these tricks by attempting to do these aerial tricks without letting the sticks go. The thumbaround was invented. Then along came Kam who insisted that these tricks looked way better when done with a pen. But then Peem was like n00b gtfo and restored the sticks. As a result, power tricks were invented. True story.

12. Raptor
    Date: Wed, Jun 13 2012 09:08:36

Some japanese student in WW2 played then BOOM! :ilulz: pen spinning was made!:spin:

13. kchspinna16
    Date: Tue, Dec 24 2013 15:56:19

probably just some random person in some random classroom had a pen thats smooth and long (TWSS), then he started flipping it, more people started to do it, then the teachers were pissed, which makes even MORE people spin, then comes the internet.

14. Ignator
    Date: Tue, Dec 24 2013 16:30:01

Someday someone thought wat else he could do wit his fingers. So he got bored and started started wiggling the pen around his fingers. The pass was created. Then he accidently did a Thumbaround. Then all the other tricks. This someone was...Kam.