UPSB v4

General Discussion / Should you try to learn multiple tricks at the same time?

1. Joiemoie
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 23:14:29

I was wondering if it would be better to learn like 10 new tricks at 15% proficiency or 1 trick for a few days or so until 100% proficiency. Also should you try to learn the regular trick and then its reverse or just the regular and move on? I also tend to ban myself from doing tricks that I'm more comfortable with until I can learn new tricks with 70%+ proficiency.

2. Danny116
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 00:36:14

how abotu you just practice instead of calculating percentage..... honestly there isnt any fixed way to learn things, especially with such a do-it-yourself hobby. do w/e is comfortable. i personally find working on different tricks at seperate times good, but focusing on one of them at a time, just go through a cycle of what you think you need to work on the most and dont ban yourself form practicing the tricks you are comfortable with, what you dont use you'll forget. dont worry so much and just have fun with it!!! good luck!

3. Joiemoie
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 01:18:26

Danny116 wrote: how abotu you just practice instead of calculating percentage..... honestly there isnt any fixed way to learn things, especially with such a do-it-yourself hobby. do w/e is comfortable. i personally find working on different tricks at seperate times good, but focusing on one of them at a time, just go through a cycle of what you think you need to work on the most and dont ban yourself form practicing the tricks you are comfortable with, what you dont use you'll forget. dont worry so much and just have fun with it!!! good luck!
    Don't worry I just randomly came up with those percentages...just wanted to use some made up examples. I think I'll just focus on the moves that work well with the ones I'm already comfortable with/my style. :)

4. Rogersbored
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 02:07:48

Personally, I learn tricks according to my combos. Say I didn't know midbak 1.5, and I make/copy a combo that has a midbak 1.5 in its breakdown, then I would go and learn the tricks. As to how many tricks I learn at one time, I like to practice 2-3 tricks at a time, or whatever the combo demands. Of course, the combos I make or copy are within my skillset, or just a little above it.

5. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 03:17:01

I learn several at a time because it's boring doing 1 trick over again

6. MondPs
    Date: Sat, Apr 7 2012 23:15:38

Karrot wrote: I learn several at a time because it's boring doing 1 trick over again
    agree..