UPSB v4

General Discussion / The most annoying thing SPINNERS ask you

1. Joiemoie
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 17:46:19

This is the counterpart to a similar thread. What are some annoying things that the beginners, intermediate, and pros ask you? Beginner: YOU'RE SO PRO! I can only do the spinny thingy (charge). *This only embarrasses me a bit because I know I'm far below pro and on the verge of getting past beginner (fundamental+reverses level). Intermediate: *I can't really think of any* Pro: (Not a question but still) Dude you suck you can't even do the *insert trick name* smoothly. Get some skill. (Then he does some advanced combo.) *I just hate those people who doesn't realize that just because I'm not experienced enough doesn't mean I can't practice until I'm better.*

2. Soren
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 19:00:57

Beginner: show me again how you do that, wait, so explain it slowly this time (they say this repeatedly)

3. jet
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 19:05:46

Do it again. No do it again slowly. No even more slowly. It's a dam thumbaround, i can't do it slowly

4. Reason
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 20:58:39

i taught a friend how to do a thumbaround and one time he was trying to explain something cool he did with it accidentally. i told him that it was a TA~basketball spin and he says "...your making that up aren't you?" and i say "ummm... no" besides that i get "how you do that one?" and other such annoying thing. i have never really been asked any annoying questions by intermediates or pros. most the time i like to answer questions :)

5. Kcom2002
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 03:31:47

"so any tips about >insert trick name< ?"

6. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 03:41:10

"can you teach me how to spin reverse? Wait...do it slower." (as in ta rev)

7. kin
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 06:14:09

technical: any tips to spin an mx? go and watch the jeb's mx collabs , they spin mx everyday how to do [insert a type of scale] pass? simply ignored bc i really didn't know how to describe that in text ;( mods: what tip do you use in your mx? can you teach me how to make a BALANCED mx? or even can you teach me how to make a rsvp mx? my answers used to be **** no, but after my first tutorial released the problem was solved http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UAvvfz9k0I request: can you join my collab? (when i am having wt/wc :/)

8. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 06:47:01

what mod is that? (after making epic-linkage filled combo which took 10 hours to film, and that's the only thing which is said in comment)

9. King
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 06:53:49

peem made up the bust right? What's the best G3 mod? Whats the best mod? Legit questions from the shoutbox.

10. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 06:55:15

i.suk wrote: what mod is that? (after making epic-linkage filled combo which took 10 hours to film, and that's the only thing which is said in comment) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BZNYYBGOjg0/TcFxzOP7RLI/AAAAAAAAAII/7p3vLYoaI2A/s320/Are-you-fucking-kidding-me.jpg http://abluesummer.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/rage-face-axe-man-02.jpg
    LOLOLOL I DID THAT TO BAARON JUST TO SEE HOW HE WOULD REACT. and I actually said "nice mod" he flipped out.

11. L-in
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 07:43:19

How to become as good as XXXXX? How do I learn this trick? I watched tutorial and I could not do it. I am only interested in the original materials and modding methods, do you have a legit tutorial? Do I have to buy a pen mod to penspin?

12. scarecrow showluo
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 11:40:38

well i basically dislike the sexist comments i get lol jkin dont get serious lol ;)

13. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 12:05:17

'i prefer you with mx' comment (well, not a question per se) on my solo with the 13 or so thumbs up also annoys me, in a way =__=" 'how do i do power tricks like you' <-- practice like hell for 3 years until your fingers hurt :P seriously, there isn't some magical way to master stuff...i can understand why people want to find a quick way, but it doesn't exist lol 'can you make a tutorial for X trick (usually some power thing, too)' <-- there's already dozens of tutorials on yt...i don't have anything to add i guess it's perfectly natural to ask the last 2, (and no where near as annoying as the 'what is that mod' epic combo thing), but...if people expect an 11th tutorial when there's 10 available, or some magic 1-week power > 9000 potion, it's not going to happen =\

14. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 12:44:58

"isn't fast spinning harder than slow spinning?" no. 1 on my list. I won't list everything else, it'll take too long :p