UPSB v4

Off-topic / How to join and create a Minecraft server?

1. Soren
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 20:15:25

I recently got minecraft to play with a friend and would like to know how can i can play with my friend? How do i join my friend's server? How do i create a server? Is there something i have to download before i can go onto multiplayer server?

2. CAHarmony
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 21:03:30

you join servers by typing in the ip address after you clicked the Multiplayer. To create a server I think you have to download the minecraft server thing.

3. Soren
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 21:05:43

CAHarmony wrote: you join servers by typing in the ip address after you clicked the Multiplayer. To create a server I think you have to download the minecraft server thing.
    Can i join a server without downloading the "minecraft server thing"?

4. CAHarmony
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 21:12:45

Supergirl wrote: Can i join a server without downloading the "minecraft server thing"?
    The server thingy is only if you want to create a server. So yeah.... you can.

5. Soren
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 16:00:39

CAHarmony wrote: The server thingy is only if you want to create a server. So yeah.... you can.
    I see, thank you. And how may one create a server?

6. CAHarmony
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 03:46:07

You shouldn't really start a server because its a pretty complicated process(for me). My friend explained it once to me but I had no idea what the hell he was saying. Ask some of your friends to do it for you.

7. Soren
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 19:33:54

CAHarmony wrote: You shouldn't really start a server because its a pretty complicated process(for me). My friend explained it once to me but I had no idea what the hell he was saying. Ask some of your friends to do it for you.
    Oh i see, thanks but my friend has created a server and it's cool now :D

8. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 21:08:45

I own a 24/7 Minecraft Server if you and your friend would like to connect. Just PM me and I'll send you the IP.

9. Soren
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 15:20:52

eurocracy wrote: I own a 24/7 Minecraft Server if you and your friend would like to connect. Just PM me and I'll send you the IP.
    It's fine thanks. My friend created a server now. Thanks for the offer though :D

10. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 17:09:03

UPSB has a server as well, ps-connect.com :)

11. Soren
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 17:34:48

shoeman6 wrote: UPSB has a server as well, ps-connect.com :)
    Yes, you replied to me in the UPSB Minecraft server thread. But thanks for informing me anyways. :D