UPSB v4

General Discussion / A question to all advanced pen spinners

1. DynamiteMelon
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 09:17:11

I've been pen spinning for 9 months now and i feel that the combos im doing are not good enough. What basic or advance tricks do i need to learn to make my combos look interesting?

2. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 09:59:41

All fundies and their reverses, Baks, Wipers, Tw Sonic, Warped Sonic and variations, simple Korean combos, and then you can have a look at the Breakdown Requests thread for inspiration.

3. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 10:01:21

This is what i'm doing right now.. Go find a penspinner that you like most... then slo-mo his clips... see what tricks allows him to spin his style. eg: SpinnerPeem... power tricks learn those tricks and experiment on the linkages.. ;) Frog~

4. Wobster
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:51:51

Just take bits and pieces from a variety of penspinners, chuck their links into a massive single combo and call it your own. :trollface:

5. DynamiteMelon
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:25:32

I see.. thanks guys

6. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 17:42:05

Avoid basic tricks in boring finger slots, use hybrids in place of non-hybrid tricks whenever you can

7. funnky
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 18:19:29

learn to do a inverse back fall 1.5

8. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 18:50:52

Find inspiration in a certain spinner/s, get inspired. For my first year my main source of inspiration was Meteor (now kin). After that I fell in love with the spinning of Caras, and Korean spinning in general. Find what style you want to have/interests you the most, and just continue building and working on it, you'll eventually succeed in getting the style you want, and end up getting better and better.

9. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 18:54:37

learn reverses of the tricks you know, that makes a huge difference to the variety you can do and makes your combos much more interesting. Also pay attention to how you do the tricks, clean execution makes your spinning much more appealing. A lot of it just comes from spinning enough and your spinning smooths out all of a sudden and it makes you look pro.

10. wings
    Date: Sun, Feb 5 2012 05:46:25

Wobster wrote: Just take bits and pieces from a variety of penspinners, chuck their links into a massive single combo and call it your own. :trollface:
    that explains alot... @___@ anyways, try practicing sonic variations and their reverses