UPSB v4

Battlezone / Rematch: Nero666 vs Kari

1. Kari
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 23:37:19

[B]Kari:[/B] [video=youtube;1y8MeZF1AmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8MeZF1AmE[/video] Yes, I used my left hand. [B]Nero666:[/B] [video=youtube;QbNrJF0aCWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbNrJF0aCWM[/video] Good luck Nero. ^_^ @Nero666

2. Raos
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 23:46:49

@Kari your left hand is not that bad! Can't wait to see you do 1p2h and 2p2h

3. Kari
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 23:52:41

Raos wrote: @Kari your left hand is not that bad! Can't wait to see you do 1p2h and 2p2h
    The problem there is that my left wrist is messed up. I really can't spin that much with it. That's why I'm so bad with my left hand. :rofl:

4. Legion
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 23:54:29

hard to believe im already almost 4 months.

5. Kari
    Date: Wed, Feb 1 2012 23:59:10

Nero666 wrote: hard to believe im already almost 4 months.
    My left hand is like three months. :rofl: I am impressed. There was a part of your combo that was smooth. Great improvement from last time.

6. Raos
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:01:18

@Kari my let hand vs your left hand?

7. Legion
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:04:10

haha thanks. i may have made it better, but i didn't want to record it any more than i already had.

8. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:05:11

@Raos, no thank you. What you saw in that video is pretty much all I have for my left hand. Maybe in a month or so when I can practice my left hand again. I stopped practicing with my left hand for a while after it gave out on me and I injured it again. It's still not right. Rain check though. ^_^

9. Raos
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:07:59

Kari wrote: @Raos, no thank you. What you saw in that video is pretty much all I have for my left hand. Maybe in a month or so when I can practice my left hand again. I stopped practicing with my left hand for a while after it gave out on me and I injured it again. It's still not right. Rain check though. ^_^
    don't worry my left hand sucks too. so battle?

10. funnky
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:10:25

nice!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha. i vote for nero! i liked his bak fall since it looks like mine lol and @Kari i wana battle you hahaha

11. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:10:32

@funnky, wanna battle my right hand?

12. funnky
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:13:43

@Kari..........yes right hand hahaha......

13. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:15:08

@funnky deadline? Can't be for maybe a week because my right hand hurts from Modding.

14. funnky
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:20:35

k how about u just film when ever u are ready... im gona film in next few days

15. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:23:37

funnky wrote: k how about u just film when ever u are ready... im gona film in next few days
    Deal. ^_^

16. Raos
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:25:24

OK your gonna beat me XD

17. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:31:02

Raos wrote: OK your gonna beat me XD
    You never know.

18. Miku
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:46:59

lol good job both of you :D sorry nero, +1 Kari i'd give you feedback but i'd feel like a hypocrite since i have so little experience as well :rofl:

19. Legion
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 00:48:55

i know what i did wrong. my hands were sweaty so my pen stuck when i tried to do neobakfall.

20. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 01:26:12

Nero666 wrote: i know what i did wrong. my hands were sweaty so my pen stuck when i tried to do neobakfall.
    I don't want to know why your hands were sweaty. :rofl:

21. Legion
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 02:18:58

Kari wrote: I don't want to know why your hands were sweaty. :rofl:
    BWAHAHAHA, because of this damn fever. its a cold sweatyness.

22. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 02:30:06

Nero666 wrote: BWAHAHAHA, because of this damn fever. its a cold sweatyness.
    Riiiight! ;)

23. KaanÖzgül
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 06:28:28

Left hand! Very good but i cant vote, i need 20 post. İ work for post

24. fang
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 07:04:51

@Nero666 Your spinning is good for a 4 month. Just try to get a better cam angle!~ ^_^

25. RaM
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 13:37:54

i vote for kari. pro!

26. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 16:05:26

You hear that @Nero666? Pro! ^ :rofl: Nero, I'll be happy to battle you anytime you want to try to beat my left hand. And once you do that I'd like to have a battle with you using my right hand. That's what I'm really looking forward to. ;)

27. FingerNotPen
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 16:45:35

nero i wannna battle u? i am 3 month

28. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 17:32:16

I want to battle kari's hands D:

29. Soren
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 17:35:24

Kari has better control, smoothness and execution. +1 to her

30. Legion
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 21:25:46

Ok fingernotpen, I'll battle you. You set the date and make a thread, and I'll submit a video.

31. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 21:49:29

Please give criticism so Nero can get better. ^_^ Somebody help him beat my left hand. XD

32. Wobster
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 10:41:28

@Nero666: To me, it's not bad.. but according to the votes you got GG'd. lol I'm not gonna vote. :/

33. Jazz
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 11:00:59

Kari's so unsmooth. Nero too. Can't vote. System error.

34. Kari
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 17:09:12

@Jazz then don't look at smoothness. Look at the combos themselves.

35. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 19:49:33

i thought you were kari-chan because of that angle >_>

36. Legion
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 01:09:15

Wobster wrote: @Nero666: To me, it's not bad.. but according to the votes you got GG'd. lol I'm not gonna vote. :/
    haha, i wasnt expecting to even come close to beating her. she has so much more experience than i do, so i thought it would be fun to try it out.

37. Raos
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 04:22:49

@Kari when's the due date for our battle?

38. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 19:27:45

@Raos did you want to battle my left hand or my right?

39. Iota
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 20:21:05

@Nero666 Just a few pieces of advice since it doesn't seem at a glance like you've really been given any. First off, when you film and make combos for battles, uploading, anything really, expect that (especially when you're newish as you are) it will take some time to get it right and have a usable clip. Some people *cough*EK*cough* can film FS's or whatever within the first few tries, but I know a lot of intermediate spinners including myself can take many many hours of drops and fails to get it right. Basically, if you don't think it's extremely well done as far as your skill level goes, with respect to smoothness and control most of all, don't use the clip. While that one near drop, and some of the resets or more broken tricks/links may seem insignificant, they're very noticeable to more experienced spinners, and even to others around your level as well. That brings me to my next point. When you create a combo, don't choose one, for now, that has tricks or linkages you can't do with at least a fair level of control and smoothness. For example, it's better to end your combo on tw. sonic > Thumbaround, than to end it on a really really broken and choppy bakfall with noticeable resets like you did. This isn't to say that you should make all of the things you do involve only tricks that are easy for you, just that you should at least be able to do them all smoothly enough. One of the major examples (aside from the bakfall and some others), the one that most sticks out and illustrates my point, is the thumbflap charge reverse > fingerless thumbaround reverse that you do. It's a very useful and staple link, one that's really important especially for newer spinners that are beginning to get into the stage of forming combos to learn. However, it is also one that really should be refined strongly before used, and until that point need not be put into a combo. I actually see a ton of newer spinners put it in their combos, and execute it almost identical to the way you do here. The idea of tf charge rev > flta rev is to have one smooth and circular charge reverse in the thumbflap, with the rest of the fingers sort of blooming outwards in a nice and stylish curl, and to then smoothly and fingerlessly link it into the flta rev. In other words, doing upwards of 3 or 4 thumbflap charge reverses with a more choppy feel (mostly due to hand being closed/clamped tight like a fist) is never something you want, and I would say that you should definitely work on refining it to being just one tf charge rev and then the flta rev, even if it's still not super smooth or nice looking, you want this in order to use it in a combo. Finally, either way that's nice progress ._. just clean up what you have, make stuff less broken and more smooth/controlled, and good luck! I don't mean for all that to be bashing or harsh criticism, just some advice that hopefully will help you in your journey! inb4 tl;dr

40. Miku
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 20:33:33

@Iota jesus christ lol

41. Iota
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 20:39:56

@Miku ....thanks ;3;

42. Legion
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 23:08:01

@Iota believe it or not I've gotten alot better since I filmed that. The quad bust was an accident, it was supposed to just be a double, so if I do it again now the way it was supposed to look like, it should be alot better.

43. Iota
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 23:13:18

..yeah, but I didn't say anything about the bust ._. gl though

44. Raos
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 00:11:57

@Kari left vs left

45. nicco15
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 00:43:45

good job both of you but i would have to ive the winning vote to kari sorry loki but good job

46. Kari
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 03:10:00

@Raos ok. Uh deadline maybe one week from Friday. But you may have to remind me. I am very forgetful.

47. Raos
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 03:44:10

Kari wrote: @Raos ok. Uh deadline maybe one week from Friday. But you may have to remind me. I am very forgetful.
    sure

48. Kari
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 06:02:59

Raos wrote: sure
    Just send me the link to your video on the due date and I'll set up the thread.

49. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 06:10:08

Iota wrote: @Nero666 Just a few pieces of advice since it doesn't seem at a glance like you've really been given any. First off, when you film and make combos for battles, uploading, anything really, expect that (especially when you're newish as you are) it will take some time to get it right and have a usable clip. Some people *cough*EK*cough* can film FS's or whatever within the first few tries, but I know a lot of intermediate spinners including myself can take many many hours of drops and fails to get it right. Basically, if you don't think it's extremely well done as far as your skill level goes, with respect to smoothness and control most of all, don't use the clip. While that one near drop, and some of the resets or more broken tricks/links may seem insignificant, they're very noticeable to more experienced spinners, and even to others around your level as well. That brings me to my next point. When you create a combo, don't choose one, for now, that has tricks or linkages you can't do with at least a fair level of control and smoothness. For example, it's better to end your combo on tw. sonic > Thumbaround, than to end it on a really really broken and choppy bakfall with noticeable resets like you did. This isn't to say that you should make all of the things you do involve only tricks that are easy for you, just that you should at least be able to do them all smoothly enough. One of the major examples (aside from the bakfall and some others), the one that most sticks out and illustrates my point, is the thumbflap charge reverse > fingerless thumbaround reverse that you do. It's a very useful and staple link, one that's really important especially for newer spinners that are beginning to get into the stage of forming combos to learn. However, it is also one that really should be refined strongly before used, and until that point need not be put into a combo. I actually see a ton of newer spinners put it in their combos, and execute it almost identical to the way you do here. The idea of tf charge rev > flta rev is to have one smooth and circular charge reverse in the thumbflap, with the rest of the fingers sort of blooming outwards in a nice and stylish curl, and to then smoothly and fingerlessly link it into the flta rev. In other words, doing upwards of 3 or 4 thumbflap charge reverses with a more choppy feel (mostly due to hand being closed/clamped tight like a fist) is never something you want, and I would say that you should definitely work on refining it to being just one tf charge rev and then the flta rev, even if it's still not super smooth or nice looking, you want this in order to use it in a combo. Finally, either way that's nice progress ._. just clean up what you have, make stuff less broken and more smooth/controlled, and good luck! I don't mean for all that to be bashing or harsh criticism, just some advice that hopefully will help you in your journey! inb4 tl;dr
    epic feedback is epic

50. Iota
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 06:12:31

@i.suk thanks man <3

51. Raos
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 03:53:48

@Kari okie dokie smokie do the hokie poky

52. Kari
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 06:06:52

Raos wrote: @Kari okie dokie smokie do the hokie poky
    Queer^

53. Raos
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 21:56:12

Kari wrote: Queer^
    D: lolwut?

54. Kari
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 22:40:19

Raos wrote: D: lolwut?
    That was a very queer statement you made. :rofl:

55. Raos
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 03:03:03

Kari wrote: That was a very queer statement you made. :rofl:
    how was it queer?

56. Kari
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 04:55:43

Raos wrote: how was it queer?
    Do you even know what queer means?

57. Raos
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 05:01:28

Kari wrote: Do you even know what queer means?
    ofc i dont see how its queer though

58. Kari
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 05:54:34

Raos wrote: ofc i dont see how its queer though
    The better question would be... How is it not? Do you really not understand why I said your comment was queer?

59. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 07:09:04

She meant that the comment you made sounded retarded. End of story. :trollface: