UPSB v4

Member Introductions / New here from Australia

1. Zidago
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 05:59:41

Hi all, I'm new here and have been doing the fundamentals for a few years now. I realised that I wanted to become a bit more advanced in my skills and so decided to join up here. Unfortunately, living in Australia prevents access to decent pens for modding, and I can't find the guide for the Ivan mod here on the forums (I had searched through some australian posts and some said this was an easy mod with aussie supplies). Apart from that, I use a Staedtler triplus ball M with a bic super gel grip on the cap to even out the weight. It is comfortable enough, weighted nicely and reaches 15cm, but the triangular shape makes performing a charge a little difficult. I also have a zhigao v6 in the mail which I hope to mod in some way to suite me better. It is good to see this community is well mannered and nice, compared to other hobbyist boards which are usually filled with elitests and unhelpful morons. Anyway, hi.

2. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 06:44:14

:welcome2: which part of australia are you from?

3. Gash
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 06:44:53

Welcome to UPSB :) I don't live in Australia so I'm not sure if you can make Ivan Mods in Australia. You'll need 2 Crayola Supertips and 2 Zebra Airfit pens. Not sure if Australia has Zebra Airfits. The triangular shaped pen would be difficult to spin with >__> Don't think any spinners here spin "triangular pens". You can easily make a BICtory with metal tips on both ends and with grips, it's a nice pen to use if you don't have access to buying pens from online. But if you do have a credit card or whatever, UPSB members usually buy pens from penwish.com And good luck with your spinning :D

4. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 07:01:34

i have a non-tipped ivan ST with dr.grip grips... SPINS AWESOME!!! so yeah.. join AusClan... and tell us which part of australia ^_^ Frog~

5. Ryst
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 07:12:03

Welcome :D Im in Melbourne :D

6. Zidago
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 07:13:25

I'm from Darwin. It sucks here. I have had a look at pen wish to buy a waterfall but the shipping is $9. Might have to look up the bictory. The triangular shape makes it hard to spin for sure, but the fundamentals are all easy. the shadow is impossible with it though. Froggy, what are some mods Aussies can make easily?

7. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 07:52:13

u dont make them.. u simply buy from me :D http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=3547 but erm... any-x custom ivan st lakubo sg bictory not a lot really... AUS pens are expensive, and very limited. Frog~

8. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 08:01:15

First spinner from Darwin O: Hope you stay for awhile ^_^

9. Along
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 08:50:16

aren't there officeworks in darwin? if there is one, pretty sure u can make an ivan mod with jell tips

10. Zidago
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 09:02:01

SuiXidaL wrote: First spinner from Darwin O: Hope you stay for awhile ^_^
    I don't intend to go anywhere. Though leaving this hell hole is high on my list. [QUOTE=Along]aren't there officeworks in darwin? if there is one, pretty sure u can make an ivan mod with jell tips [/QUOTE] There is, but I really don't know the specific pens to purchase as an alternative to the Zebra to make one. [QUOTE=Froggy]u dont make them.. u simply buy from me http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=3547[/QUOTE] I'll PM you.

11. Ryst
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 09:47:02

@Froggy Ivan ST? Care to explain?

12. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:45:10

@HaXsaW it is what it is... Ivan's ST Mod. o.O? Frog~

13. Ryst
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:50:14

@Froggy Oh thanks got confused. Thought it was smth like a KT variation or something. xD Thanks for clarification :D