UPSB v4

Off-topic / cursing.

1. Miku
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 21:41:59

your thoughts on cursing? :mellow: personally, i don't think cursing is "cool" or makes you superior in any way, but that doesn't stop me from cursing. .__. i'm trying to limit the amount i curse. any tips? LOL

2. jet
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 21:51:01

just substitute your curse words with something else. Like "son of a hamster"

3. sangara
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 21:57:53

On the construction site I swear like a motherfucker. Everywhere else I tone it down to the occasional "shit" and "god damnit". Except while playing Dota, that's when I curse the most.

4. UEDan
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 22:23:32

Ehh depends on the audience, you'll naturally hold yourself back.

5. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 22:23:38

i curse a lot dont care its just words

6. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 22:26:00

i curse like crazy when i ragequit. but depends on the crowd. usually im good. but i will pop out the "god dammit" and "shit" every so often

7. Vassenato
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 22:36:29

i curse all the fucking time. i tone it down when around the parents and shit but with friends and on the internet every other word is a curse.

8. kaku
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 22:53:22

Parents yell at me when I curse. I try not to curse in public. When I'm angry, I curse up a storm. I cannot curse at work. These are all short sentences. Hell.

9. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 22:59:08

Curses are no jokes. I try to avoid cursing people, but if they do something that deserves a curse, I have no problem using my powers to punish them and their family. I don't condone cursing, but for some people, there's just no alternative.

10. Iota
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:06:55

*gets it* But seriously, I don't believe in inherent disparaging effects or negative connotation for "curse words". Saying shit in a non-disparaging way is no different than saying crap, shoot, or whatever other analogous euphemism. Likewise, saying it in a disparaging way is no different than saying something disparaging of equivalent meaning without using any words branded falsely by societal tendency and etiquette as inherently negative or bad.

11. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:07:35

God fucking damn it are you fucking serious right fucking now, your fucking made a gay ass fucking thread on this shit, Fuck, swearing is just words that society has labeled bad but fuck society they can suck my dick.

12. Miku
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:09:46

AoD1 wrote: God fucking damn it are you fucking serious right fucking now, your fucking made a gay ass fucking thread on this shit, Fuck, swearing is just words that society has labeled bad but fuck society they can suck my dick.
    lol k.

13. Iota
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:17:36

AoD1 wrote: God fucking damn it are you fucking serious right fucking now, your fucking made a gay ass fucking thread on this shit, Fuck, swearing is just words that society has labeled bad but fuck society they can suck my dick.
    *you Also, in principal +1.

14. Accuru
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:36:26

cursing is really hurtful. This should be stopped but nobody will listen. They should have a award like a pen for every 3 months they dont curse in shoutbox they get a free pen.

15. Dris
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:45:31

Personally, I try not to swear. Especially at people. It's rather...insulting and whatnot. I find that I can usually just replace it with something else that isn't a swear word. The only time I really swear is when my life takes a really bad turn, I get bad wound, or i have finals. Guess which one I have right now? Damn AP Chem...

16. kaku
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 00:10:23

Iota wrote: *gets it* But seriously, I don't believe in inherent disparaging effects or negative connotation for "curse words". Saying shit in a non-disparaging way is no different than saying crap, shoot, or whatever other analogous euphemism. Likewise, saying it in a disparaging way is no different than saying something disparaging of equivalent meaning without using any words branded falsely by societal tendency and etiquette as inherently negative or bad.
    Fucking... big words.

17. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 00:39:40

I curse the most amongst friends and on UPSB. But I try to be more mature in words when I'm talking to girls.

18. Miku
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 01:07:58

Krypton wrote: But I try to be more mature in words when I'm talking to girls.
    LOLOLOL @Iota, tl;dr too many huge words lulz

19. DArKT
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 01:16:31

My parents curse even more than me -_- Well,i curse when im in rage or whatever... @Zombo just words,but words got some power.

20. Iota
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 01:57:25

None of you understand what I said, so as a result you can't understand why you're wrong ;-; Even though you're wrong, I would agree that not allowing it (at least not profusely) on the SB would be good for those who are the vast majority of society like yourselves, that feel that somehow a word that means the same as other words, but has been arbitrarily labeled as "naught", "dirty", "profane", etc. by society, because they don't see why that need not be the case, and thus take offense and get in trouble (think the 10-14 year olds with dem parents)... Use dictionary.com, and read my post >.<

21. GwenPendragon
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 02:15:13

I don't think cursing is "cool" in any way, and if it offends people, why do it? Here's my thoughts:

SpoilerFour reasons give for swearing: 1. “It’s only a sound. If you’re offended by a simple series of sounds, you just need to get over it.” a. Yes, it may be ‘just a sound’ but it is an offensive sound to some people. A swear word can often offend someone. The very meaning of “swear” by the Webster’s New World Dictionary is “to use profane or obscene language; [to] curse,” and the definition for “swear word” is “a word or phrase in swearing or cursing; profane or obscene word or phrase.” Even the dictionary defines it as “obscene” which is “offensive to one’s feelings.” I know that you may not mean for it to be offensive to someone, but nevertheless, it is. 2. “I use it to get my point across. Saying “oh no, I forgot to turn in my homework” just doesn’t seem to get the point across as strong as I’m trying to make it. It allows me to better release anger.” a. There are other words that you could use that will convey the same meaning. 3. “It allows me to fit in with a certain group of people. They all swear, so do I.” a. That is one group of people. Does that mean that you have to use it all the time? Others are offended by it. And, though you may be in a closed-group scenario, it still is an “obscene word or phrase” that you don’t need to be using. 4. “I have the freedom of speech; no one can stop me from swearing, it’s my own choice. If someone doesn’t like it, so be it.” a. I understand this argument, that it’s a free country. You do have the right to swear, and no one can stop you. You swear behind teacher’s backs because you known they don’t appreciate it; why do you assume that kids appreciate it? Did you ever think about that other people have the right to not be verbally assaulted by swearing? It’s not a constitutional right, but it is still someone’s right… There is one type of swear that I would like to address that is not typically thought of as a swear. This is saying “oh my god.” To many of you, that would never even register as something wrong to say, much less a swear word. But to someone of the Christian faith, it is highly offensive. In Exodus Chapter 20 Verse 7 of the ESV Bible, it says, “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.” A Christian is not to say “oh my god.” Therefore, it is highly offensive to a Christian to hear the name of their God taken in vain and used as an exclamation of surprise, anger, etc. Even if you are not a Christian, you can still highly offend someone for saying this. What about the “n” word, used to describe a dark skinned man or woman? Would you use that in society? The majority of people say no, that that is not acceptable in society. It is highly, highly offensive because of its negative connotation. Why are swear words acceptable and not this? Why is there a difference? Do you swear around little kids? Or, do you feel that as one becomes older, they are more tolerant of swearing, more able to handle it because they are “mature?” I have talked to many people, and from the people I have talked to, the general conception is that you become mature as you age, and swearing is therefore more acceptable. I would like to propose a different argument. Instead of maturity opening up a more acceptable forum for swearing, maturity should show one that swearing is indeed wrong and that one need not swear. One should be mature enough to say “no” to swearing, not mature enough to handle it. In conclusion, swearing is not a needed thing. Yes, there are reasons for using it, but in the end, it is still offensive to many people. You may have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want, but society generally deems it a bad thing. You will not offend anyone by not swearing, but you most certainly will offend someone by swearing. Would you swear in class while talking to a teacher? Of course not! Because it is something that the teacher wouldn’t allow, that the school doesn’t allow, because it is offensive. I know that many will still disagree with me, that we have freedom of speech and you can say whatever you want. However, I hope that you can see that swearing can offend many people, and it has more bad effects than good. I hope that you might have a slightly different view on swearing now, that it is not just a strongly expressed word, but that it actually can offend people. In 1957, there was a court case entitled “Roth vs. the United States.” It was meant to determine what obscene speech is protected or unprotected by the First Amendment. The final decision was that “The protection given speech and press was fashioned to assure unfettered interchange of ideas for the bringing about of political and social changes desired by the people . . . . All ideas having even the slightest redeeming social importance--unorthodox ideas, controversial ideas, [etc] have the full protection of the guaranties…But implicit in the history of the First Amendment is the rejection of obscenity as utterly without redeeming social importance.” So, the First Amendment does not specifically condone nor deny the right of obscenity. However, the First Amendment was created to protect the rights of citizens to speak out against the government, etc, NOT to protect the right to speak profanity; freedom of speech was not meant to protect profanity. Whose rights supersede whose? Though this case was in 1957, so you may be thinking that times have changed, think again. In 1973, there was a case similar to this, and it reiterated that obscene speech is not protected by the First Amendment.

22. Iota
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 02:21:58

In that cas3, words that contain th3 l3tt3r "e" highly off3nd m3, I hav3 an "e"-phobia, so b3caus3 it's so off3nsiv2 to som3on3 of my condition you'll start r3placing your "e"'s with "3"'s for m3 I would 3xp3ct? Using "e"'s ar3n't cool in any way, and it can b3 r3ally hurtful to som3on3 lik3 mys3lf, simply du3 to th3 imag3 of it s3ar3d into th3 mind of som3on3 with "e"-phobia; 3 do3sn't trigg3r th3 sam3 r3spons3 as "e" or "E" do, naturally. Thank you for your kindn3ss. I could go on all day and censor you into not saying anything by that logic, and no, you don't get to say it is valid in your case and not in mine, that would be a ridiculous fallacy..

23. boshi
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 02:47:30

thats the fucking problem. calling it "cursing" Now im not gunna go on a rant against christianty, cuz im pretty sure my post got removed for that last time. stop using fucking christian terms, unless you are, then follow what your faith. No. using strong language shouldnt be a bad thing or looked down upon. I think its because America is christian. People say "bless you" when you sneeze, another christian thing, because its a christian thing, and christians have had an influence pretty much everywhere that speaks that english. stop feeling bad or hesitating when you are about to use strong language, but do use it appropriately. strong language isnt needed in every sentence. Ok: FUCK i got a B on my test. fuck that bitch Not Ok: yoooo fuckin what the fuck is up mah fuckin nigga. Ok: if you're black.

24. Iota
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 02:55:16

saying nigga is still okay if you're using it in the sense of the colloquial meaning and not the (in effect) depreciated racist meaning of the word. you just sound a bit silly or out of place depending.

25. Miku
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:00:13

controversy. why did i do this lol :facepalm:

26. Iota
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:02:49

not controversy, me saying why many people saying things are wrong and/or using ill-conceived and fallacious arguments to defend their purely socially-indoctrinated views

27. Miku
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:03:57

Iota wrote: not controversy, me saying why many people saying things are wrong and/or using ill-conceived and fallacious arguments to defend their purely socially-indoctrinated views
    i'm okay with big words, but you take it to the next level LOL. what is this i don't even

28. Furloy
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:06:19

I try and limit it when there are people around that I want to think of me as good. But when me and my friends are all together every other sentence could scar a kid for life, believe me it gets rough. At school every so often one slips but only the people I sit real close to hear. I have a teacher who swears sometimes but only hell and damn very rarely and he doesn't care as long as we don't drop the f bomb.

29. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:07:20

It is good to be able to say what you want. However, it is good to remember that saying bad words in front of people who might get mad or get their feelings hurt is not good. 10 year old level vocab+rationale= /thread

30. Iota
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:07:26

...they're normal words <_< I don't know how else to say it, fallacious means false basically, logical fallacy = logical derpage (e.g. arguing by attacking the person not the point). ill-conceived = poorly based and not fully understood/backed indoctrinated is defined by wiki as (I could say same thing but this says it easier and it's faster than me typing, use merriam webster or dictionary.com if you don't trust the credibility): Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine).[1] It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.[2] As such the term may be used pejoratively, often in the context of education, political opinions, theology or religious dogma.

31. meeguelz
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:10:36

I personally curse all the time, of course I tone it down depending on who I'm with and online I don't curse as much as normal, I don't know why.

32. Miku
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:16:08

@Iota okay .__. i think you could've just incorporated those definitions into a sentence rather than using those words LOL. jk. honestly i just didn't feel like figuring it out for myself :mellow: you type a lot. As for the actual topic for this thread, you should be able to say whatever you want but keep in mind the way it may affect others. i curse to myself but i limit it around other people because people take it a lot more seriously. When people curse out of anger, it shows lack of self-control imo. not in all cases though.

33. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:16:13

smh

34. gyrobius
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:49:52

For me, it depends on who I'm with. I'm I'm with my parents, I don't curse. If I'm with friends, I do. Depending on which friends, I sometime limit how much I do it.

35. Ohayo
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 04:03:20

I don't like to curse in front of women because it's not gentlemen like, but anywhere else, FUCK IT. Also, people who say 'smh' can go eat a dick

36. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 05:30:43

swearing have already gone to the level where people dont take it seriously anymore, because everyone swears. i swear a lot, but i also do "curse" a lot :P @Alvaris Frog~

37. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 05:37:29

I used to swear a lot like a year ago. By a lot , I do mean a lot. I kinda on purpose stopped swearing/cursing to maintain my gentleman's image. Now, I do swear sometimes but it not lot a lot. I don't think cursing makes a person cool. Curse words are just like any other word, honestly. It depends how the other person perceives curses.

38. Jazz
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 05:55:50

I vote remake thread title:"Iota's big words and philosophy about swearing" :p OT: almost everyone swears, no big deal, just prevent insulting peopld TOO MUCH.

39. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 05:56:48

da fuck?

40. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 06:00:36

I don't know why it took me so long to find this article: Swearing Increases Pain Tolerance

41. Wobster
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 06:45:31

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, STOP FUCKING SWEARING!!! :trollface:

42. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:17:15

An add on to my earlier post: I actually enjoy swearing. I curse people a lot too. But I'm trying to reduce the frequency of profanity in my sentences to sound more grown up. Amount of profanity: New people I just met and I think is worth the effort to sound civil< work< relatives< home< among friends/high school.

43. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 12:30:13

cursing? like ... putting spells? :trollface:

44. YUi
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 13:28:29

Lately i've been swearing more. But i dont exactly seem to notice. Im not sure. I only curse when im kinda pissed. I dont think cursing makes you cool though :/ so i should try to stop. Only gets you in trouble, especially in school haha.

45. webspider
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 13:32:03

I only swear to underline how fucked up things are. And when I'm angry about something. Of course I can talk without having to curse, but people seem to understand better if you use simple language and swear occasionally.

46. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 14:31:50

Ehh its not that big of a fucking deal to me.

47. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 14:37:15

Sometimes, a joke just doesn't work without the swearing. And sometimes, you have to swear (e.g. getting headshotted in a game, hitting your hand with a hammer).

48. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 15:30:45

I don't mind cursing as long as it's not used in offence to another person.

49. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 15:35:12

Mats wrote: Sometimes, a joke just doesn't work without the swearing. And sometimes, you have to swear (e.g. getting headshotted in a game, hitting your hand with a hammer).
    Listen to the man, the point he makes is valid.

50. Miku
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 17:50:02

@Wobster LOL I SAY THAT TOO. "DON'T FUCKING CURSE GUYS :trollface:" to my friends xD i agree with everyone above ^_^

51. boshi
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 02:56:33

i don't swear or curse when i'm angry, i use strong language. YOU FUCKIN GOT THAT?

52. Miku
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 03:02:03

boshi wrote: i don't swear or curse when i'm angry, i use strong language. YOU FUCKIN GOT THAT?
    NOPE. I ALMOST GOT IT, BUT MY HAND FLINCHED AND I MISSED IT. FUCK.

53. miyat
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 03:06:39

I never curse unless on accident. I don't care how much other people swear though.

54. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 03:27:07

My mom curses more than me. Though I say nigger a lot. Not nigga. Nigger.

55. Ricercar
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 03:53:25

Dunno if Iota has already worded it this way, but i'll try to explain my viewpoint with help from your resident Steven "Destiny" Bonnell II. In essence, there is a time and place for everything. You wouldn't call an annoying kid a bitch while explaining a conflict to your teacher, you wouldn't go into a job interview and say something like "AYYYY WHAT THE FUCK IS UP MY NIGGA!!" etc. etc. etc. That being said, the words in itself aren't bad. You shouldn't focus on the words that someone is using, rather the idea they're trying to convey through those words. You can say something completely harmless that is riddled with curse words, like "Holy shit, you're so fucking cute!" (or something along those lines) and you can form the most offensive sentence anyone has ever heard without using a single curse word (Can't think of an example atm but I'm sure you can think of something). Let me give you an example. Frankly, I don't curse that often myself, but I do when I can't think of a better way to express how I am feeling at the time (i.e. when I'm pissed off). "Say that you have a really annoying guy that's harassing you on a daily basis. You've finally had enough, and you want him to stop as soon as possible. That being said, something like 'Please leave me alone' won't get the point across nearly as fast as 'Shut the fuck up, and leave me alone.' It's a matter of getting a point across." -Steven Bonnell II Going to the idea of "cursing makes you sound stupid". That couldn't be further from the truth. This goes back to the whole "idea behind your words" issue; a person could be explaining the reason why black holes exist with sentences containing curse words, and someone could say the dumbest thing you've ever heard without a single one. Although yes, I agree that it doesn't make you sound "cooler". Anyway, that's my two cents. Hopefully you won't TL;DR it (which I know 90% will) and you understand where I am coming from.

56. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 04:23:51

Ricercar wrote: Dunno if Iota has already worded it this way, but i'll try to explain my viewpoint with help from your resident Steven "Destiny" Bonnell II. In essence, there is a time and place for everything. You wouldn't call an annoying kid a bitch while explaining a conflict to your teacher, you wouldn't go into a job interview and say something like "AYYYY WHAT THE FUCK IS UP MY NIGGA!!" etc. etc. etc. That being said, the words in itself aren't bad. You shouldn't focus on the words that someone is using, rather the idea they're trying to convey through those words. You can say something completely harmless that is riddled with curse words, like "Holy shit, you're so fucking cute!" (or something along those lines) and you can form the most offensive sentence anyone has ever heard without using a single curse word (Can't think of an example atm but I'm sure you can think of something). Let me give you an example. Frankly, I don't curse that often myself, but I do when I can't think of a better way to express how I am feeling at the time (i.e. when I'm pissed off). "Say that you have a really annoying guy that's harassing you on a daily basis. You've finally had enough, and you want him to stop as soon as possible. That being said, something like 'Please leave me alone' won't get the point across nearly as fast as 'Shut the fuck up, and leave me alone.' It's a matter of getting a point across." -Steven Bonnell II Going to the idea of "cursing makes you sound stupid". That couldn't be further from the truth. This goes back to the whole "idea behind your words" issue; a person could be explaining the reason why black holes exist with sentences containing curse words, and someone could say the dumbest thing you've ever heard without a single one. Although yes, I agree that it doesn't make you sound "cooler". Anyway, that's my two cents. Hopefully you won't TL;DR it (which I know 90% will) and you understand where I am coming from.
    tl;dr social values exist

57. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 04:29:43

Ricercar wrote: Dunno if Iota has already worded it this way, but i'll try to explain my viewpoint with help from your resident Steven "Destiny" Bonnell II. In essence, there is a time and place for everything. You wouldn't call an annoying kid a bitch while explaining a conflict to your teacher, you wouldn't go into a job interview and say something like "AYYYY WHAT THE FUCK IS UP MY NIGGA!!" etc. etc. etc. That being said, the words in itself aren't bad. You shouldn't focus on the words that someone is using, rather the idea they're trying to convey through those words. You can say something completely harmless that is riddled with curse words, like "Holy shit, you're so fucking cute!" (or something along those lines) and you can form the most offensive sentence anyone has ever heard without using a single curse word (Can't think of an example atm but I'm sure you can think of something). Let me give you an example. Frankly, I don't curse that often myself, but I do when I can't think of a better way to express how I am feeling at the time (i.e. when I'm pissed off). "Say that you have a really annoying guy that's harassing you on a daily basis. You've finally had enough, and you want him to stop as soon as possible. That being said, something like 'Please leave me alone' won't get the point across nearly as fast as 'Shut the fuck up, and leave me alone.' It's a matter of getting a point across." -Steven Bonnell II Going to the idea of "cursing makes you sound stupid". That couldn't be further from the truth. This goes back to the whole "idea behind your words" issue; a person could be explaining the reason why black holes exist with sentences containing curse words, and someone could say the dumbest thing you've ever heard without a single one. Although yes, I agree that it doesn't make you sound "cooler". Anyway, that's my two cents. Hopefully you won't TL;DR it (which I know 90% will) and you understand where I am coming from.
    bro, its words...... thats it. its not murder or rape.

58. Vassenato
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 04:42:30

No one cares.

59. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 04:48:20

What the fuck is this? Too... Many... Words...

60. Iota
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 04:51:22

you guys can't even read medium/short posts, how can you say you even have valid views then? <_<

61. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 05:12:27

In my experience, here is how cursing works. There is freedom of speech when it comes to cursing, but not freedom from the consequences of cursing. @Ricercar Having actually taken the time to read the small high fantasy novel you managed to type into the box, I agree. That is a pretty good post. If this was in general discussion, I would +1 it.

62. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 05:15:03

MickChickenn wrote: Here is how cursing works. There is freedom of speech when it comes to cursing, but not freedom from the consequences of cursing.
    are you like 12, there are now consequences, unless your mommy beats you with a belt because you said FUCK.

63. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 05:18:12

AoD1 wrote: are you like 12, there are now consequences, unless your mommy beats you with a belt because you said FUCK.
    No. I mean consequences such as people's opinion of you going down, teachers getting all sorts of pissed off at you, etc.

64. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 05:18:44

MickChickenn wrote: No, I mean consequences such as peoples opinion of you going down, teachers getting all sorts of pissed of at you, etc.
    nah nah nah nah.

65. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 05:24:16

AoD1 wrote: nah nah nah nah.
    Could you elaborate on that?

66. Vassenato
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 05:24:35

MickChickenn wrote: In my experience, here is how cursing works. There is freedom of speech when it comes to cursing, but not freedom from the consequences of cursing.
    holy fuck you are stupid. You have no clue about the first amendment.

67. PenwisH
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2012 06:00:08

I will only use profanity among good friends. All other cases, i'm polite=(

68. Ricercar
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 04:53:09

AoD1 wrote: bro, its words...... thats it. its not murder or rape.
    This. [QUOTE=Iota]you guys can't even read medium/short posts, how can you say you even have valid views then?[/QUOTE] This too.

69. blahblahting
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 05:23:14

i think that swearing is okay, as long as there is some sort of reason to swear. swearing for the sake of swearing or "being cool" just makes you look like a fool, and i feel swearing in a way that is intentionally derogatory/offending is wrong. that being said, i largely refrain from profanity, although i dont feel guilty if i swear every now and then