UPSB v4

Off-topic / LOL!

1. Mats
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 14:20:59

I am performing juggling at a juggling convention in two weeks that is to be held in a hired out university hall... The university have sent me this to acknowledge I have read and will follow... :rolleyes:

Spoiler
    Welcome, and thank you for agreeing to speak to our students at a University of Birmingham Guild of Students event. A number of our student groups choose to fulfil their objectives by inviting in speakers to broaden the scope of discussion and debate at events...
    Well I wasn't really intending on speaking, just throwing stuff about. :dunno: And I must be aware they can:
    -Request submission of the speeches in advance of the meeting
    Erm...
    Spoiler It goes on like this for two whole pages. :lol: I have never been given a more irrelevant document in my entire life. :rofl:

2. LightSpinner
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 17:54:23

Wow that's just stoopid. Lol

3. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 22:04:17

its pretty clear to me they want you to make the keynote address at the juggling convention

4. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:20:21

You should go up the stage and say 'Hey boys and girls, you juggle?' And proceed to a 9 ball cascade :rofl:

5. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:24:48

Krypton wrote: And proceed to a 9 ball cascade :rofl:
    I would LOVE to do that, but even a flash (9 catches) of 9 is unreliable for me.

6. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:32:33

Mats wrote: I would LOVE to do that, but even a flash (9 catches) of 9 is unreliable for me.
    I remembered that your New Year's Resolution was to have an attempt of 10 balls, so I reckoned that you're pretty close.

7. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:34:03

Krypton wrote: I remembered that your New Year's Resolution was to have an attempt of 10 balls, so I reckoned that you're pretty close.
    I don't even practice 9. I might even do (qualify = 2n catches) 10 before 9, which would be hilarious.

8. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:40:57

Mats wrote: I don't even practice 9. I might even do (qualify = 2n catches) 10 before 9, which would be hilarious.
    Like 10 ball cascade? I for some reason don't like even numbered balls, but I'm just a noob, about 20~ for 3 ball cascade.

9. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:42:58

Krypton wrote: Like 10 ball cascade? I for some reason don't like even numbered balls, but I'm just a noob, about 20~ for 3 ball cascade.
    Cascade is not possible with even numbers. Most people do what is called a 'wimpy' with 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5n5qz1iIs The pattern I am using is sync fountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9tTAeb1i3Q

10. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 02:47:44

Oh, I know that pattern. Some people do 4 balls like that asynchronously, maybe that's wy I mistook it for a cascade.