UPSB v4

Off-topic / Resident Evil Retribution Trailer

1. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 19:45:11

[video=youtube;s8IZ5l_t_n4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8IZ5l_t_n4&list=FLNaAGWJRw47vIvSMkVSocNQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/video] Seems like there would be a lot of action, can't wait to watch this film :D What are your thoughts? Have you been following the Resident Evil franchise?

2. Quake
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 20:32:41

LOL at the beginning i thought it was an ad for electronics. but then i saw the red bar moving across and i was like wth? o.O

3. webspider
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 20:44:58

Love how they used music from the new Tron movie.

4. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 21:30:05

webspider wrote: Love how they used music from the new Tron movie.
    Except they didn't, you're probably thinking of one of these songs: Similar? Extremely. The tempo in all of these songs is way to slow, plus the structure of the song is also different.

5. webspider
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 22:00:07

So they sampled parts, sped them up and used them for more than half of the video. This doesn't change anything about them using that music.

6. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 22:01:46

You still forgot the part where all the intervals are different. It's not the same melody.

7. webspider
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 22:16:40

Again, regardless of whether "the part where all the intervals are different" was just a result of clever sample editing or something they really made on their own, this doesn't change anything about them using the Tron:Legacy OST. If I said they did exclusively use only that OST and nothing self made for their trailer, it would, but I didn't. So shut the fuck up.

8. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 22:54:29

You said they used the music, they didn't, get over it.

9. webspider
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 23:21:38

You sound like some people who are actually arguing that quite a bunch of hip-hop/dnb/breakcore/...-artists did not use the amen break that originally appeared in the song "Amen, Brother" from The Winstons. Oh and if you're actually looking for them, every once in a while somebody in the comment section doubts it using the same senseless arguments as you do :rolleyes:

10. LightSpinner
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 23:31:08

DJSpin wrote: LOL at the beginning i thought it was an ad for electronics. but then i saw the red bar moving across and i was like wth? o.O
    same

11. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 23:53:36

webspider wrote: You sound like some people who are actually arguing that quite a bunch of hip-hop/dnb/breakcore/...-artists did not use the amen break that originally appeared in the song "Amen, Brother" from The Winstons. Oh and if you're actually looking for them, every once in a while somebody in the comment section doubts it using the same senseless arguments as you do :rolleyes:
    You never said anything about sampling in your original statement, you just said:
    Love how they used music from the new Tron movie.
    With that statement you implied that they used the actual music from the movie. I proved you wrong, then you went back on your statement. If you had said: "Wow that sounds so much like the music from the new Tron movie" or "I bet they sampled from the music of the new Tron movie." that would have been perfectly fine. I have nothing against sampling, stealing, or copying in fact I endorse it. You said something wrong, face the consequences.

12. webspider
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 00:13:46

So you conclude sampling music isn't using music? You really do? You really try to misinterpret general statements? Well, then let's look up what sampling is, because I'm sure you will be happy with something as a definition from wikipedia, you nit picking dumb fuck:

In music, sampling is the act of taking a portion, or sample, of one sound recording and reusing it as an instrument or a different sound recording of a song or piece.
    and reusing it
    using it
    OH SHIT THEY USED IT :O

13. sangara
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 00:14:37

Sampling is not using the music, it's using part of the music.

14. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 00:20:08

1) Awesome way to promote SONY products :P 2) Most (if not all) of Resi movies sucks.. I just watch it cuz I follow the game and for the lulz. 3) They should just focus on wait for Resi 6.. >_>||, unless hinting Resi 6 story and gameplay.. Frog~

15. webspider
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 00:26:27

sangara wrote: Sampling is not using the music, it's using part of the music.
    Same way as sampling is one of the ways people use music for their creations. I've said they used music from that movie. Now add two and two. Right, they used music from the film by sampling parts of it, modifiying and arranging that samples.

16. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 01:00:23

[video=youtube;Ex79DIl0Z2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex79DIl0Z2s[/video] :whut: Frog~

17. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 23:16:40

Resident Evil ... AWWWW YEAH