UPSB v4

Off-topic / My computer.

1. King
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 18:55:34

So, I had this really old computer. 2.8 GHz processing with 512 Mb of RAM. Yeah. That old. I used it for awhile until i got a less crappy computer. Still 2.8 GHz processing, but with 1 gig of RAM. Although, the audio codecs were corrupted and my network adapter wasnt working right. So, i thought to myself "Ill just film my penspinning with it, and put it on the family computer to upload on youtube via USB drive" So i try it. But whenever i try copying files on to any of my three USB sticks, the computer "disconnects" the USB stick with the file half copied. Then i try with my old computer. I film my combo, plug in my USB drive, but now my computer doesnt recognize the hardware saying "USB Hardware is Unrecognizable" Or something to that effect. This makes me sad :(

2. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 22:08:38

I still got a 533MHz Laptop dude. I feel your pain. T_T Have you ever tried putting your videos in a zip/rar/whatever archive?

3. King
    Date: Thu, Jan 19 2012 22:39:04

Ive zipped and Rar'd :\ Im sad :( And i had my best combo on that comp too :(

4. funnky
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 01:12:38

diff usb?

5. Vassenato
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 01:22:03

get a new computer

6. UEDan
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 09:17:13

Ehh thats not too bad, even a 2.8 GHz Pentium class PC would be considered "decent" What system you running? Sounds like bad drivers.

7. Mats
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 14:46:09

Are you using Vista? :?

King wrote: Although, the audio codecs were corrupted and my network adapter wasnt working right.
    Update the audio codecs then? You can also try resetting the network adapter, although it's unlikely to do any good. *shrug* Your computer isn't too slow. Depending on what P chip you are running, it is as fast or faster than my current laptop, with equal RAM. I never have any troubles. Try doing as UED suggested, update the drivers and then come back here if that didn't work.

8. King
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 18:48:38

Im using winxp. Ive reset my network adapter many times and have reinstalled the drivers for it. :( I give up. Im saving up for a new comp anywayss

9. UEDan
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 21:55:34

You still have at least 2 options.... 1. Get a cheap PCI network adapter. 2. Reinstall the whole damn computer.

10. King
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 02:26:47

Fuck it. I give up. Ive tried everything i have/you guys have thought of. Guess i have to refilm using my poopy Macbook webcam :(