UPSB v4

Off-topic / Piano help- NEED SOMEONE TO RECORD

1. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 01:19:20

hayyyy guys. I'm in need of some help of someone who can play the piano. I am currently about to film a music video of my friend singing Dreaming With a Broken Heart by John mayer, though the version we are doing is a cover of it. Basically we want the piano part of this guy's: [video=youtube;eDv2jO19Zd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDv2jO19Zd0[/video] I have the sheet music for the song its just that we can't play it up to par in the short amount of time we have... We need this piano track by Thursday and we both have exams all of this week... So if anyone who has a keyboard or piano that can record the midi file, YOU ARE A GODSEND. I do not have anything to offer for this task other than a grateful appreciation. The song is fairly easy if you listen to the music video. @Zombo

2. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:17:56

Pffffffff you want people to do this for free? I do this kind of stuff for a fee sometimes, but never ever for free.

3. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:20:58

Mats wrote: Pffffffff you want people to do this for free? I do this kind of stuff for a fee sometimes, but never ever for free.
    yes.

4. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:23:01

Tetsip wrote: yes.
    Yeah well tough shit mate. You don't spend thousands for hours of your life practicing piano to do stuff like this for free. If there was always a musician willing to step up and do this kind of stuff for free, there would be no professional musicians left! Example: We have a problem with this in my city, not with piano, but with juggling. A juggler has offered his services for all events for free and he doesn't care how many he does. He's not particulary great, but he's not awful either and he is taking literally hundreds of paid gigs away from people and making it very hard for them to make a living.

5. Reason
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:40:57

Mats wrote: Yeah well tough shit mate. You don't spend thousands for hours of your life practicing piano to do stuff like this for free. If there was always a musician willing to step up and do this kind of stuff for free, there would be no professional musicians left! Example: We have a problem with this in my city, not with piano, but with juggling. A juggler has offered his services for all events for free and he doesn't care how many he does. He's not particulary great, but he's not awful either and he is taking literally hundreds of paid gigs away from people and making it very hard for them to make a living.
    what ever happened to doing it for fun? how bout for the sake of music? now im not saying that you dont, but musicians should actually want to play music (regardless of whether they get paid or not) if they have a passion for it. point being that this guy just wants a simple favor. someone who can play well could do something like this in a rather short amount of time, hence i dont think that it would be too much to ask. i would do this except that i wasted my hours of leisure pen spinning instead of learning piano.

6. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:42:38

Reason wrote: what ever happened to doing it for fun? how bout for the sake of music?
    What about paying the bills? You must be either young or stupid.

7. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:48:08

I can try to record for you. No big hopes or whatever, ill try to make it on time. Hit me up with the sheet music :)

8. Reason
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:50:03

Mats wrote: What about paying the bills? You must be either young or stupid.
    i am not talking about paying bills. i am not talking about a job. my older brother happens to be an excellent pianist and he tried to make it in the city. didnt work out so well. he had no jobs whatsoever. i am talking about being a good person and helping someone out simply because you have the talent and the love of the music. i really wasnt trying to come off as a young and stupid person. as my name implies i am simply trying to rationalize the situation with human ethics. i hope you understand -_-

9. Danny116
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 04:18:13

i could do it! i can do a sound file relatively quickly, video might take longer tho

10. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 05:12:18

Mats wrote: What about paying the bills? You must be either young or stupid.
    I did not expect people to willingly do this for free you know. They have every right to deny my favor I ask of them... I am just in need of someone else's talents which I will greatly respect and appreciate their efforts if they were to do it. A person does what they want, I understand how difficult it is for a professional musician to make it out there. I have multiple friends who are professional musicians, friends who just had their first kid having to do extra lessons, extra shows. You can view what I'm saying as hypocritical but I am merely just asking a favor... Obviously if this piece was significantly difficult I would offer something, but I cannot really except show my gratitude to them for such a favor.

11. RicLu98
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 06:20:39

im willing to do it cuz its pretty easy but other people have already volllunteerd before me lol

12. Danny116
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 18:20:40

@RicLu98 i may not be able to get it ontime but im going to try and get it down asap i could send you the pdf if you want Tetsip could choose which one he likes better

13. Tetsip
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 16:24:41

[video=youtube;YoKRocUk-78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKRocUk-78[/video] @Danny116

14. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 16:26:46

I will do it for £5 and it will be excellent. For free - No way. :lol:

15. Danny116
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 16:39:44

@Tetsip nicee xD i think guitar suited the solo singing better :P

16. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 06:12:51

I play Piano too, good that u got help :D