UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / loss of meaning and motivation in school+personal life

1. Danny116
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 07:26:45

pretty much ending my 2nd semester grd 11.....in a few hours as of today i am about to lose 18 on my final marks for a subject, and idgaff.....ive cruised through basically all my school career half ass but this week feels like i've given up on everything i have done so far or will ever do. -sigh- sounds depressing O.e i feel like if i dont get help soon imma eff up my future :/ p.s. i plan to talk to social workers and teachers bout this, just want your opinion guys.

2. boshi
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 07:39:31

idk if you guys have this in canada, but community college, then transfer? its sad if you end up not getting into university, but just giving up is worse. go through the two years, get good grades, get into a proper university.

3. Danny116
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 07:58:53

i know for a fact that i can get into it, cuz school is easy, its just i dont care enough about it...idk i guess i have to ask a professional :/

4. Mats
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 09:13:30

Danny116 wrote: pretty much ending my 2nd semester grd 11.....in a few hours as of today i am about to lose 18 on my final marks for a subject, and idgaff.....ive cruised through basically all my school career half ass but this week feels like i've given up on everything i have done so far or will ever do. i feel like if i dont get help soon imma eff up my future :/ p.s. i plan to talk to social workers and teachers bout this, just want your opinion guys.
    If you have the ability to do well in school, put in the time and effort to do it, no matter if you are feeling shit or not. You would not believe the value those pieces of paper will have for you life! If you do not do well when you could have, you could find yourself regretting it for the next 50 years. There is nothing worse than missing out on oppurtunities later in life because you didn't get a little piece of paper with the correct grade on when you were more than capable of doing so. Believe me, I did it. It's not good.

5. Krypton
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:53:54

Don't worry about it, just get through 11th grade and you'll have the option of choosing what you actually enjoy studying in college. I had to study shittier stuff in high school and I just crammed useless knowledge in for my final exam and now I'm basically free. I lost my motivation about halfway through the school year, and I just sort of gave up and didn't gave a fuck anymore. Don't do that. Learn from your mistakes, move on.

6. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 13:07:50

Sounds like you're depressed, go get help.

7. Chobi
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 13:33:49

Sounds exactly like how i was last year, (cept i'm in high school etc) got kicked out of the school i've been with since i've started schooling lol. :/

8. Danny116
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 23:47:51

-sigh- i guess i should get help, but usually im fine cuz im with friends and all that, and i forget about how crappy i see my life Sx thanks for letting me see the obvious i guess @shoeman6 i plan to, thanks