UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / [SC] RSVP DX3K V1

1. HobbyLogics
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 07:26:29

=========================== Stats: =========================== RSVP DX3K COG:COP (approximately) Length:20cm Weight: Signo-tipped BICtory

Spoiler [SPOILER="Preparation"] 1. Disassemble ALL pens except the RSVP grip(s) 2. Remove the clip of the 2 RSVP caps, then cut the caps after the bump like in a RSVP CX 3. Poke a hole in the backcap and reverse the inktube of the RSVP. 4. Cut off the part where the tip screws in of the signo. 5. Cut the plastic tip of the RSVP off 6. Cut the grips according to the picture below, if not clear enough, click the spoiler: [SPOILER] Cut to the fourth dimple of the signo grip Cut 2 pieces of signo grip to the 2nd dimple Keep the leftover piece of signo grip Cut the other signo grip in half. Cut 2 pieces of grip from the profile/anyball 5 rings. Leftover ring is not needed unless you want the grip to cover the tip more. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Assembly"] Gathered parts from the preparation are below. 7. Take the plastic tip of the RSVP and put it in the cap until you hear a click. 8. Put the piece of signo grip (fourth dimple grip) into the cut RSVP cap until the bump on the cap. 10. Put the smaller 2 pieces of signo grip in the longer signo grip inside the RSVP cap (When you put the pieces in, bend them into a "v" shape and put your pliers into the 2 holes you have created.) 11. Put the leftover piece of signo grip onto the bump at the end of the cap (outside). 12. Put the 2 RSVP caps on either end of the body with the reversed inktube screwed in 13. Put a dab of hot glue into the part where the tip screws in and quickly put it on the plastic RSVP tip. Repeat for other end 14. Screw on the signo tip onto the part where it screws in 15. Put each of the two halves of signo grip over the tip until it is touching the cap on both sides. 16. Put the 2 pieces of profile/anyball grip over the signo grip on both sides. OR 17. Add an insert. AND YOU'RE DONE! Different Grip Design: [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] =========================== Q/A: Q: What do I use to cut the plastic? A: Anything that works. Hacksaw, miter saw, etc. Q: Why is it called the RSVP DX3K? A: It has an RSVP body and uses Signo DX. The 3k stands for 3000, and the buster 3000 has tips that can unscrew, so can this mod. Q: Where do you get Signo DX's? A: I got them at staples, they are called Uni-ball Gel Grips, but they have "Uni-ball Signo" inscription on the clip of the pen cap. Q: Is this your first personal mod? A: Yes Q: Do you intend to make more mods in the future? A: Probably not unless I need another mod for spinning. Q: WHY DO YOU SUCK AT MODDING? A: I haven't modded ENOUGH, and I don't have that much experience. ===========================

2. qinkuangan
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:30:51

why this pen is D.S? and no writing function with a rsvp ink ? estimated cost is unknown? if you dont have enough time , plz dont post a tutorial. You are wasting your time and wasting our time as well .

3. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:50:04

It's just a DC rsvp, with cut caps extra tips and caps. Not the most practical mod in the world. But props to your first personal mod, if you like it then it's fine (sun)

4. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 11:35:58

Surprising fact: Your mod is a SC not DC. Reason: Both sides aren't identical (just look whats inside the RSVP caps) Frog~

5. Quai
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 12:30:00

who requested for this tut?

6. cyshing
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 15:59:04

It doesn't looks bad and should looks much better after some more customization. BTW, I'm pretty lazy to read the tutorial without pictures. A little off topic BUT since you know the tutorial is not clear yet, why don't you just wait until you have everything ready and revised, then only you post it? It does make a lot of differences to wait a little longer. If someone followed your tutorial or copied your mod's look (or even make it looks better than yours) and then reproduce a complete and detail tutorial 2 days later than your not-yet-complete-tutorial, and claims he actually had the original/similar idea like this, people will believe/think he is the original creator and you are the copycat.

7. HobbyLogics
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 00:43:19

qinkuangan;166388]why this pen is D.S? and no writing function with a rsvp ink ? estimated cost is unknown? [B]if you dont have enough time , plz dont post a tutorial. You are wasting your time and wasting our time as well[/B] .[/QUOTE] Ok, noted. I'll keep that in mind next time if I ever make another mod. [QUOTE=FrogPrinceXD;166399]Surprising fact: Your mod is a SC not DC. Reason: Both sides aren't identical (just look whats inside the RSVP caps) Frog~[/QUOTE] I didn't realize that because I thought DC=Double Capped and there are two caps. I thought that Double Sided meant that it had to be identical on both sides. Is there a possible way to change the title of my thread then? [QUOTE=Quai;166413]who requested for this tut?[/QUOTE] No one has officially requested it. I felt like putting it out there. I didn't think that EVERY mod had to be requested so that is the reason why I posted it. [QUOTE=cyshing wrote: It doesn't looks bad and should looks much better after some more customization. BTW, I'm pretty lazy to read the tutorial without pictures. A little off topic BUT since you know the tutorial is not clear yet, [B]why don't you just wait until you have everything ready and revised, then only you post it?[/B] It does make a lot of differences to wait a little longer. If someone followed your tutorial or copied your mod's look (or even make it looks better than yours) and then reproduce a complete and detail tutorial 2 days later than your not-yet-complete-tutorial, and claims he actually had the original/similar idea like this, people will believe/think he is the original creator and you are the copycat.
    I agree that I should have had everything revised beforehand, I just felt like putting it out there first. I will keep this in mind for next time. Any OTHER critques or anything you need to point out other than the posts above that I have already answered?

8. Cloud
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 00:57:40

not every mod has to be requested, but if its not super special (practical, clean, creative ect), then you will most likely get flamed. many people have personal mods, but most of them aren't worth posting a tutorial for. and as for the dc thing, it literally is double capped, but then a lot of mods would be dc instead of sc (ie minwoo) its considered sc because both sides arent the same. its pretty much an implied meaning.

9. HobbyLogics
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 01:06:32

@Cloud Alright, thanks for clearing it up for me!

10. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 03:34:00

Well this is your personal mod, but if you wanna take some modding advice from me, then here are some: 1) remove the front part, cut the RSVP plastic tip + part of the gripping area off, leaving only enough space for a RSVP Backplug. Add teflon tape on it and screw the backplug on. 2) make it so that the front cap is identical to the back cap (grip inside cap, held onto barrel with the grip ring) 3) instead of having like 4 sections of grips on the caps, put like 5~6 sections, covering the "lip" of the tip or even partially the tip. And there, you will have a much cleaner mod. (makes it DC too) Frog~

11. HobbyLogics
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 04:26:50

FrogPrinceXD wrote: Well this is your personal mod, but if you wanna take some modding advice from me, then here are some: 1) remove the front part, cut the RSVP plastic tip + part of the gripping area off, leaving only enough space for a RSVP Backplug. Add teflon tape on it and screw the backplug on. 2) make it so that the front cap is identical to the back cap (grip inside cap, held onto barrel with the grip ring) 3) instead of having like 4 sections of grips on the caps, put like 5~6 sections, covering the "lip" of the tip or even partially the tip. And there, you will have a much cleaner mod. (makes it DC too) Frog~
    I'm still slightly confused even though I reread it quite a few times. If I'm correct, you screw the backcap onto the gripping part and then the rest of the grip ring to be held to the barrel? If I am correct it seems kind of unstable to me.

12. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 04:31:57

@HobbyLogics Point 1 refer to this link here: http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=Simple_Clear_body_Dr._KT First 2 steps is what I meant Point 2 is just.. making both sides identical. Point 3 is... preference really.. Frog~

13. HobbyLogics
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 04:43:26

Hmmm...That would make it less original and requires more barrel cutting, but I'll probably include BOTH ways. Thanks for the suggestion.

14. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 05:41:42

Well yes ofcourse it will be less original. But if you're presenting a mod tutorial, you want people to accept it. And aesthetics is how people will judge your mod. Frog~

15. HobbyLogics
    Date: Thu, Jan 12 2012 06:37:07

Pictures are up!

16. cyshing
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 14:34:51

Have you tried using the Signo body front part(include the grip place) instead of cutting RSVP tip and tucking grips in the backplug section? For the the front side, file the rsvp front bump and that way, both sides can add inserts too. For detail making instructions, please figure it out yourself. :)