UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello :)

1. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 15:37:43

Hi, I'm Noe and I'm from Las Vegas :) Sadly, I know no one who spins here :( but I'm learning and it's awesome! I just started a week ago, and I'm excited to learn as much as I can, because Pen Spinning is awesome! I've watched a bunch of Ktrinh93's videos on Youtube, and his tutorials are really enjoyable. I've learned a few tricks up to this point, and am intent on working hard to get decent so perhaps I can post a video some time soon.

2. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 15:40:41

How old are you dewd? Welcome to UPSB! :)

3. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 15:41:54

Thank you! I'm 23, going to be 24 on the 12th of January! Yay for me! Lol :)

4. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 15:46:13

zan314 wrote: Thank you! I'm 23, going to be 24 on the 12th of January! Yay for me! Lol :)
    I'm 23 on the 11th! one year, one day lol Do you take advantage of living in LV on your birthday? What is it actually like living there (seems like a crazy place!)?

5. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 15:54:53

Las Vegas is... in a word, pretty boring. If I could, I'd live somewhere with seasons, lol. The problem with being here is that most people have the wrong idea. Yeah, it is sort of a 24 hour city, but it also depends on what you're into. I'm not much of a party guy to be honest :) I'm a hobby guy! By the way, I have a question for you, Mats. Which pen did you start out with? I have a super duper cheap bic with a cap on either end xD and I would like to get a better pen for spinning. Oh, and happy birthday! What part of the UK are you from?

6. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:05:10

happy birthday!
    Thanks, to you too!
    zan314 wrote: What part of the UK are you from?
    Norfolk
    Which pen did you start out with?
    Well this question is not really very good for me to answer, since there are different pens in the UK and US. In the USA, if you can get your hands on an R.S.V.P they are pretty good. You are probably best taking a look at this thread and perhaps [urlhttp://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Pen_modifications]this article[/url] to see what you can make with what you can get. I might actually write a program this evening were you can put in pen names and it tells you what mods you can make. That would be very useful.

7. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:07:37

Oh wow, you know how to do programming? That's cool :) I think I've heard of Norfolk before, lol, I just can't remember where exactly... So do you have any friends that Pen Spin? I hope I can find someone else who lives here so we can hang out and what not. Oh, I gotcha. I can imagine that there are pretty different brands between the two countries. So, if you don't mind me asking, what pen are you using these days? How long have you been spinning for? Thank you for the threads by the way! I will definitely look into it. I'm planning on making a mod today, something simple I imagine :P

8. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:30:29

:welcome: Try a BICtory, should get the job done for a while.

9. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:54:56

Hi, Chobi! Thank you, and I think I will. I was thinking of trying the RSVP possibly, as well. The BICtory is essentially just a Bic pen with a cap on either end, isn't it? I don't mean to ask questions that have already been asked before. I guess all newbies think alike, no? Lol.

10. fang
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 17:57:46

Welcome on UPSB, hope you have a great time here!~ ^_^

11. iColor
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 18:02:08

Welcome to UPSB! In fact, I'll be down in Las Vegas in February. :p I lived there for two years as well, haha.

12. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 18:14:00

Thank you! I think I will :) I may not know a lot, but I intend to learn as much as I can!

13. neowulf
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 18:16:53

Haha, really? Damn, I wish I'd known that there was a pen spinning community before xD I'm hoping to meet other pen spinners who live here :P How long are you staying in town for, iColor?

14. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 19:33:15

Welcome!

15. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 20:05:05

zan314 wrote: Hi, Chobi! Thank you, and I think I will. I was thinking of trying the RSVP possibly, as well. The BICtory is essentially just a Bic pen with a cap on either end, isn't it? I don't mean to ask questions that have already been asked before. I guess all newbies think alike, no? Lol.
    Here you go! http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=BICtory :D Glad to be of help. :)

16. Quake
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 03:17:42

:welcome: to UPSB. hope to see you around. :)

17. neowulf
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 18:13:19

Thank you everyone! I actually went out to Super Walmario, er, Super Walmart :P last night and got the material to make both an RSVP mod, and a BICtory mod. Now, I have two pens that are awesome for spinning, and it was due to the sage advice I received :) Props to you all! I will post pictures as soon as I can ^_^