UPSB v4

Board Comments / Why are people not being stopped from spamming emotes in shoutbox?

1. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 03:30:21

-It's very annoying :angryfire: -It's been happening all day :emo: -Mods in shoutbox seem to be doing little about it. :shake: @Nachoaddict Especially since I saw one of you in shoutbox at the times it was happening.

2. iColor
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 03:34:53

I was stopping it the whole time when I was on the shoutbox. =p

3. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 03:38:52

If you use the report feature in the shoutbox when we aren't around, we'll make sure the problem is taken care of.

4. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 03:40:05

iColor wrote: I was stopping it the whole time when I was on the shoutbox. =p
    Have you taken any measures against the people that are doing it? For example, CUSTOM98 seems to be doing it constantly and someone else (can't remember now) was doing it A LOT.

5. iColor
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 03:54:33

Mats wrote: Have you taken any measures against the people that are doing it? For example, CUSTOM98 seems to be doing it constantly and someone else (can't remember now) was doing it A LOT.
    Of course, I usually go by three strikes and then infraction. I've only observed CUSTOM98 do it a few times, but he just got his final strike by me.

6. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 03:55:22

iColor wrote: Of course, I usually go by three strikes and then infraction. I've only observed CUSTOM98 do it a few times, but he just got his final strike by me.
    Perhaps nachoaddict is not up to date on 3 strikes, because the last guy was on about 5. <_<

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 04:59:37

I told the person who was spamming the jackson emote to stop and deleted his other shouts. I gave him a warning not to do it again but I had to leave. I don't know if he's who you're talking about. I frequently come on and off quickly just to check upsb and the shoutbox so forgive me if my name is still in the active members list but someone is spamming as I might have left already or am not actively viewing the forum. Nobody seems to report shouts. It's an important tool for the forum.

8. Vaan
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 07:02:24

anyway you have waiting time after another shouts, so is this really a problem?

9. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 07:05:19

Vaan wrote: anyway you have waiting time after another shouts, so is this really a problem?
    Waiting time is 8seconds and if someone posts up an emote every 8 seconds, yes it is a problem. It's very difficult to work out what other people are saying and you can miss things too.

10. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 18:46:23

wouldnt the best way to stop is to simply disable emotes in shoutbox? is that possible? @Zombo Frog~

11. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 22:42:28

FrogPrinceXD wrote: wouldnt the best way to stop is to simply disable emotes in shoutbox? Frog~
    This also stops the small emote, which is really lame.

12. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 05:43:54

we dont want to completely stop the emotes, just the large ones and repeated offenses. Reported shouts is the best way to do that.