UPSB v4

General Discussion / Differences between Zebra and Muji airfits [revised]

1. xplosion
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 03:04:46

Hi there! I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I saw in older threads, questions about their differences, but nothing clear at all. Now I have each one, and I can see it in detail. Sorry if someone did this description before. Don't know if it's in the correct forums area, sorry for that too!! Here is the pic of Zebra gel ink pen (up) and Muji mechanical pencil (down). Ok after this, let's go : [SIZE="3"][COLOR="blue"][B]Differences :[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] Back body : Almost identical, only a few esthetic changes. Rings : Practically the same, but zebra's ring ends in bevel(the side touching the back body) and Muji's ends in square (straight) (zoom in to see) Airfits : The Muji airfit is a bit thinner than Zebra and the distance between every single air-compartiment is also shorter compared to Zebra. Muji airfit color is a bit more bluish and clear than Zebra. You can see in the pics below : (From left to right, muji and zebra) Tips : Aparently they are almost identical, but there are some weight changes : Zebra tip = 3,51 gr [COLOR="black"]/ Muji tip = 5,12 gr[/COLOR] Hope it helps anyone! bye :) xplo

2. exclusive
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 05:06:03

is muji rare

3. Chobi
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 08:15:08

the muji tip is heavier :O omg @exclusive: nope, MUJI's everywhere. http://www.muji.com/

4. Soren
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 10:04:39

Heavier airfit tips? Must get.

5. Pixels
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 10:07:55

Supawit's buster uses mp airfit tips, or as u guys call it, muji tips

6. Chobi
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 10:56:43

Pixels wrote: Supawit's buster uses mp airfit tips, or as u guys call it, muji tips
    Doesn't Supawit use an Ivan mod? i is confused

7. Gash
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:12:32

@exclusive I was pretty disappointed when I went to a Muji Store in Hong Kong and I couldn't find MP Airfits but I found the ballpoint version. However when I went to the Hong Kong Airport's Muji Store, they had the MP version lool.

8. Days
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:14:25

@Chobi He means instead of using the usual Airfit Ballpoint/Gel tips, he uses Muji's version of Airfit Tips instead. Hope that should clear your doubts.

9. Chobi
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:50:04

Days- | wrote: @Chobi He means instead of using the usual Airfit Ballpoint/Gel tips, he uses Muji's version of Airfit Tips instead. Hope that should clear your doubts.
    I get what he said about the Airfits, what i was referring to was the fact that Pixels said that Supawit uses it on his *Buster, which i clarified and asked about it, since in my knowledge, he uses an Ivan mod, not a Buster.

10. flaming oracle
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 13:59:37

Chobi wrote: I get what he said about the Airfits, what i was referring to was the fact that Pixels said that Supawit uses it on his *Buster, which i clarified and asked about it, since in my knowledge, he uses an Ivan mod, not a Buster.
    chobi idk dude i think he uses both he's got a face book holding up a buster dude i mean it's obiouse spinnerpeem is buster but idk about supawit

11. Pixels
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 14:33:02

Seriously buster and Ivan mod has practically the same thing... To clear you doubts, it's and Ivan mod. I tried using a mp Ivan mod... It's definitely too heavy

12. Danny116
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 17:50:51

Well an ivan mod is much easier to make especially if you dont have access to comssa parts, as well as the fact that buster cyl's cannot be made with the new supertips, the Ivan mod is really just a remake out of necessity i guess.