UPSB v4

Off-topic / PSP Modding/Hacking

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 04:10:51

just post stuff if you do it. question: anyone know the best way to run new games/iso's on the "most recent" cfw? :sofa: well, Dark Alex stopped making cfw for a while now. (since 5.00 m33-6) There's another custom firmware that I forgot about too, but its in the 5 range as well. I'm going to post a link later about the "iso enabler" that I found and that other custom firmware to run ISOs that need 6.0 or higher. In just about both cases, you need to rewrite the ISO's. (It's not working so far on my 5.0 m33) these are the only two ways I know you could use, any others? I'm not too much into hacking, like time machines and what not...

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 04:36:55

yo i wouldnt post stuff about iso enabler cuz its illegal and the mod'll prob close this if we talk about it. i think pm is fine tho. cfw is fine too

3. Vassenato
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 05:17:45

Where ever your downloading your isos from is a shit place. because correctly prepared isos shouldn't require an update to run. since a correctly prepared iso has the update files removed from them. and i really don't think you should be using any CFW execept for M33 since Dark-Alex is the only one who knows how to do it correctly. Anyway, most "other" CFW's are just moddified versions of Dark-Alex's code in the first place *cough* GEN team *cough* but don't take my word for it. i haven't been in the psp scene for a bit.

4. pred
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:14:21

Yeh I recently stopped using my psp in favor for the itouch, the community for the PSP just isnt there anymore, imo it all died once dark alex stopped. I beleive like that which has been said before me, GEN firmware is your best bet. To me it looks like a pain in the ass to do, there is one GEN firmware and alot of updates.

5. iMatt
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 13:22:20

Elitists... I've been using GenD 5.55 and I have zero complaints with it. m-33 is stupidly outdated right now. If you want to run most of the newer games you're gonna want to switch to GenD. If anything you shouldn't have to update a PSP-ISO/CSO ever.

6. PenwisH
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 13:35:39

Gen D firmware is really easy as long as you read carefully. It's pretty hard to brick as well. Custom firmware is fine and ISO are fine as long as you own the game of course ^^

7. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 21 2010 13:56:51

ptz911 wrote: Where ever your downloading your isos from is a shit place. because correctly prepared isos shouldn't require an update to run. since a correctly prepared iso has the update files removed from them. and i really don't think you should be using any CFW execept for M33 since Dark-Alex is the only one who knows how to do it correctly. Anyway, most "other" CFW's are just moddified versions of Dark-Alex's code in the first place *cough* GEN team *cough* but don't take my word for it. i haven't been in the psp scene for a bit.
    the game I'm getting is pretty new/jap so there's probably only a few places I could get it... yeah I heard about GenD. I haven't been in the scene myself since PSing and other hobbies, but I was just curious cause there are some new games out there... like some I games have won't run unless I have the ISO on my cfw ._.' I'll probably go GEN though, although I really like m33.

8. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jul 22 2010 14:39:39

the latest cfw is 5.50 Gen-D3 + Promotheus add-on