UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / Fingerless Thumbaround Normal

1. Eso
    Date: Wed, Jun 9 2010 03:46:07

Fingerless Thumbaround This trick involves moving the pen around the thumb using hand/arm motion so that it spins 360 degrees and in a counter-clockwise fashion (right handed). As a standalone trick, the initial position is commonly held between the thumb and the base knuckle of the index finger. Video Tutorial by KTrinh93 Video Tutorial by Pari

2. Soren
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 18:49:12

i can only get this trick about once in every thirty times... *sigh*... well back to practice =]

3. Vortechs
    Date: Thu, Dec 23 2010 22:05:29

Here is my tutorial on the fingerless thumbaround :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo70H1jlE8g

4. juggalo666666
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 13:55:11

Oooh this sounds exciting I would love to try it and could someone explain how the motion of the arm is supposed to be. NOTE do not post videos at youtube I can't see them.

5. Riley
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 04:08:49

Any tips on how to do this continous? I can only get two.

6. KTrinh93
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 15:07:06

Why is this in the fundamental tricks section?

7. J A Z Z
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 15:46:05

KTrinh93 wrote: Why is this in the fundamental tricks section?
    because i learnt it on the first 2 weeks?

8. That Dirty Dog
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 21:18:41

I learned it pretty fast actually, only took about 30 minutes or so. I think it's pretty much natural, especially if you are doing Kam's Four Loop combo and you don't know the Thumpspin 1.5, its pretty natural for you to do a Fingerless Thumbaround after you do the Twisted Sonic.

9. KTrinh93
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:33:41

Jazz wrote: because i learnt it on the first 2 weeks?
    That doesn't justify anything. The 4 fundamentals and their reverses don't change because someone learned them quickly.

10. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 03:36:00

Lol you can't change the fundies dude :/ FL TA is a advanced trick.

11. Van
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 01:13:48

If somethig that is learned quickly is a fundamental, then punkan should be a fundamental xP @Riley: well imagine cont. busting, but with ur thumb. And I make my thumb into like a thumbs up position and doing multiple bust motion

12. rai289
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 08:38:43

It's in the grey area between fundamental and advanced.

13. hunterken48
    Date: Tue, Nov 6 2012 03:31:12

Jazz wrote: because i learnt it on the first 2 weeks?
    it's not a valid reason... anyone can learn it in days... and it is not fundamental...

14. Jazz
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:10:22

hunterken48 wrote: it's not a valid reason... anyone can learn it in days... and it is not fundamental...
    Stop reviving old threads.

15. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 09:14:36

Any tips on getting the fl ta quicker, cause when I try to do palmspin after it doesn't turn as much as a normal ta start?

16. abandonctrl
    Date: Mon, Aug 11 2014 03:29:43

this trick is rough hahah

17. AfroSquared
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 16:38:15

ShadowParadox wrote: Any tips on getting the fl ta quicker, cause when I try to do palmspin after it doesn't turn as much as a normal ta start?
    Get a heavier mod and try applying more force. Keep on practicing and you'll get it :)

18. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Aug 14 2014 12:19:23

AfroSquared wrote: Get a heavier mod and try applying more force. Keep on practicing and you'll get it :)
    i have a heavy mod, and its after i do the palmspin when i want to get my fl ta's faster. but it isnt working by applying more force that just makes the pen go out of control

19. tenku069
    Date: Thu, Aug 14 2014 17:38:47

Doing a normal TA doesn't really require any movement of your thumb, so when trying to learn a fl ta. I would think it would be hard to adjust to the changes as it was for me when I was learning it. Try doing your normal TAs (preferably with your index first) with a slight swooping motion of your thumb and wrist to build momentum. You should feel the TA spin with more force around your thumb and it should require a whole lot less to no force from your index. After I got used to that feeling I would lightly hold the pen in between my first knuckle and my thumb (I also used a closed fist to ensure that I was doing a FL TA and not using my index to push it) and do the same swooping motion (with my closed fist, no fingers 1-4.) If you get the spin right, you actually don't need too much force. Then try open handed. Also found that trying to learn it off of doing a double TA. @ShadowParadox If you have the fl ta down without the palmspin, try doing a fl ta with pen flat on your palm to start. Maybe try to build a momentum from dead start than trying to use the momentum from another trick that puts your hand in an odd position to do such trick after.

20. AfroSquared
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 09:27:57

tenku069 wrote: ShadowParadox If you have the fl ta down without the palmspin, try doing a fl ta with pen flat on your palm to start. Maybe try to build a momentum from dead start than trying to use the momentum from another trick that puts your hand in an odd position to do such trick after.
    Your advice was much more useful than mine. But you actually helped me as well. Thanks