UPSB v4

Tournaments & Ladders / UPSB Team Tournament Format

1. Mats
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 15:04:52

Only people who have signed up to the team tournament may reply to this thread (other than myself since I am seemingly now running this lol). What format do you want the tournament to take? I have some suggestions: Collab battle -Number of rounds - One -Each team makes a collab. A public vote or judging will decide who wins. Knock-Out Tournament -Number of rounds - 8 teams - 3 rounds - 4 teams - 2 rounds -Each round matchups are made. -The losing team is eliminated. Swiss Tournament -Set number of rounds (can be any number) -No teams are eliminated. -You always battle the team that is closest to you in score. -Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament Or you guys can suggest something else. I am strongly suggesting against a World Cup style system as this will be a very long tournament if that system is adopted.

2. Frip
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 16:17:16

Collabs should be for qualification/finals/tiebreakers. Just ask the teams how many battles they're roughly interested in.

3. fang
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 16:26:33

I'll go for the Knock-Out Tournament!~

4. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 17:51:11

2 Round Knock-Out

5. Quake
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 18:59:14

Knock Out Tournament :)

6. DArKT
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 22:54:50

i think Swiss would be a nice format,but lets go for Knock out! @Mats i think that there should be themes for rounds to,like... R1=Doubles R2=Wipers R3=Creativity it would be a nice ideia to train people

7. Quake
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 00:04:44

DArKT wrote: i think Swiss would be a nice format,but lets go for Knock out! @Mats i think that there should be themes for rounds to,like... R1=Doubles R2=Wipers R3=Creativity it would be a nice ideia to train people
    Some ppl cant do wipers very well, (idk who,) wouldnt that put them at a disadvantage? It would make better sense to switch out wipers with Difficulty or something. and what do you mean by Doubles?

8. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 00:40:54

DJSpin wrote: Some ppl cant do wipers very well, (idk who,) wouldnt that put them at a disadvantage? It would make better sense to switch out wipers with Difficulty or something. and what do you mean by Doubles?
    Double is a video featuring two people. So two people from each team go head to head as part of the matchup, for example: Spinner 1 vs spinner A spinner 2 vs spinner B spinner 3 and 4 vs vs spinner C and D All matches worth 1 points, so 2 points win the round.

9. Quake
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 00:42:11

Mats wrote: Double is a video featuring two people. So two people from each team go head to head as part of the matchup, for example: Spinner 1 vs spinner A spinner 2 vs spinner B spinner 3 and 4 vs vs spinner C and D All matches worth 1 points, so 2 points win the round.
    ah okk i understand now. thanks for clearing that up.

10. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 00:44:14

So is it going to be just a collab battle or will it have themes?

11. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 01:01:05

Zkhan wrote: So is it going to be just a collab battle or will it have themes?
    Everyone so far has voted for knock-out tournament, not collab battle.

12. Wind
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 06:15:22

It should be collab battle for qualifications and/or finals. And knock out before/after qualifications and/or finals. That should make it more interesting o:

13. King
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 06:35:10

So. If we were to do knock-out (my vote), each team would send one combo for each round period? Or one combo from each competitor?

14. Chobi
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 07:38:12

It's not exactly a "Tournament" per se, if it's a Collab batte. I'm going with Swiss format, i'd want to have more battles.

15. Wish
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 10:02:12

Knock out, then Collab battle for the finals. :D

16. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:49:31

King wrote: So. If we were to do knock-out (my vote), each team would send one combo for each round period? Or one combo from each competitor?
    See my reply to DJspin on page 1 of the thread to see how it works.

17. Quake
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 23:57:44

@Mats their might be one extra spinner. so the count for our team has gone to 4-6 spinners. :)