UPSB v4

Off-topic / The Dark Knight Rises

1. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 21:27:57

What are your thoughts? [video=youtube;GokKUqLcvD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8[/video] The epic conclusion to the Dark Knight's tale.

2. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 22:13:58

the title of the movie is lame because it's a copy of the 2nd movie. its confusing because it sounds like a title for a 2nd movie of a trilogy, not the final one, since the first title had no mention of "dark knight" in it. like it should have been batman begins, continues and ends.

3. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 23:00:54

I like the idea of bane (even if there are far cooler villians for Batman to face) as the main enemy. However, as Zombo said, the title doesn't make much sense, and I find it stupid that they are ending the saga. Think of it. You just made a bajillion dollars of the last two movies. Why the heck would you end them? They should be something like the James Bond series, where they still make movies that still make money. Doesn't make any sense.

4. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 23:22:01

I think it is a good thing to end it now. Better a trilogy with three good movies than a series full of bad movies, because the quality is continiously falling. You can see the result of something like that with most of the filmes produced in Hollywood. And continuing a trilogy just because it sells good, even when the quality is getting worse, isnĀ“t worth it. But looking forward to that movie, I hope it will be as good as the second one. :3

5. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 23:26:56

The mask+accent+mumbling is a bad idea i think. anyone who has a hard time understanding stuff like that will hate this movie

6. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 23:32:49

strat1227 wrote: The mask+accent+mumbling is a bad idea i think. anyone who has a hard time understanding stuff like that will hate this movie
    The mask is necessary to the character, as is the mumbling is to intimidation and the image of the character. Also, I think Legendary, Warner Bros, Dc, etc knows what they are doing. If the line is important then the will make sure that it is heard.

7. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 01:28:20

MickChickenn wrote: The mask is necessary to the character, as is the mumbling is to intimidation and the image of the character. Also, I think Legendary, Warner Bros, Dc, etc knows what they are doing. If the line is important then the will make sure that it is heard.
    Actually all of those companies said the audio needs to be re-recorded because it's hard to understand, and the director refused.

8. sangara
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 01:52:38

The director refused because it is his artistic direction. Appreciate art.

9. MickChickenn
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 04:40:44

strat1227 wrote: Actually all of those companies said the audio needs to be re-recorded because it's hard to understand, and the director refused.
    That sucks shit through a krazy straw. That just blows.

10. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 04:52:02

Lol it doesn't really bother me, I'll be understand it just fine. But english is my gf's second language, and we also have a german exchange student living with my family, and there are lots of other people who won't be able to understand it, so I just think it's stupid to knowingly exclude those people from enjoying the movie

11. Yanos
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 04:55:15

back the fuck up anne hath as catwoman?

12. Soren
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 16:13:13

MickChickenn wrote: I like the idea of bane (even if there are far cooler villians for Batman to face) as the main enemy. However, as Zombo said, the title doesn't make much sense, and I find it stupid that they are ending the saga. Think of it. You just made a bajillion dollars of the last two movies. Why the heck would you end them? They should be something like the James Bond series, where they still make movies that still make money. Doesn't make any sense.
    Not everyone makes films for just money.

13. neXus
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 17:00:09

Zombo wrote: the title of the movie is lame because it's a copy of the 2nd movie. its confusing because it sounds like a title for a 2nd movie of a trilogy, not the final one, since the first title had no mention of "dark knight" in it. like it should have been batman begins, continues and ends.
    "Batman Continues" is one of the most retarded movie titles I have ever heard.

14. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 00:03:41

Supergirl wrote: Not everyone makes films for just money.
    Dont kid yourself. 99.99% of films made by American companies are made for money.

15. neXus
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 02:46:13

Supergirl wrote: Not everyone makes films for just money.
    Hollywood does and as long as you make a minimal amount of profit with your movies you will continue to work in the industry. This explains how for example the scary movies series continues to exist. They are horrible movies, everybody knows that but people go and see them and they bring in a little more money than they cost to make so the makers of the movie are allowed to make more movies. It is all about the money.

16. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Jan 3 2012 15:39:10

Derpy-ass name but overall looks like non-poop Hollywood.