UPSB v4

General Discussion / A wiki request to everyone

1. Mats
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 05:27:44

Take a look at these two topics in the UPSB wiki: Famous pen spinners Notable pen spinners Are there any names you feel are missing from either? Note: Famous pen spinners are REALLY REALLY famous pen spinners. Pen spinners who have contributed MASSIVELY to pen spinning. Notable pen spinners are those who have contributed to pen spinning less so.

2. XYZaki
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 05:39:07

Take Guitrum out of notable spinners. Add Dark Angel-REX to notable spinners because he helped organize UPSB+JEB didn't he? Shouldn't KTH be in Famous spinners instead of Notable spinners? He WON the WT07. IMO I think you should just merge Famous and Notable spinners, it would eliminate a lot of problems with discrepancies and such.

3. Krypton
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 06:08:07

Not only that, but some pages are really lacking in information, but some are simply flowing with repeeated junk, like s777's page.

4. Chobi
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 07:19:50

RukarioRey? His video on Pen Spinning is at 2m+ views.

5. Pixels
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:29:35

@Chobi u shudnt count him... The reason why he got that many views was mainly bcoz he was the first to post tutorial of the fundamentals. Other than that he didn't do anything much... Those people that are notable and helped pen spinning to what it is now are ppl like ryo...

6. Chobi
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:06:55

Pixels wrote: @Chobi u shudnt count him... The reason why he got that many views was mainly bcoz he was the first to post tutorial of the fundamentals. Other than that he didn't do anything much... Those people that are notable and helped pen spinning to what it is now are ppl like ryo...
    But because of that video, thousands were introduced to pen spinning.

7. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 13:24:03

I agree with XYZaki that we should just merge. I mean, I don't even know who CLUBMA is even though he was categorized there as a famous spinner. And I wonder if people nowadays still know David Weis, Phya, Tohlz. They should have been more of notable than famous. And people like RYO deserve to be on the page. Rey, maybe, I don't know. =/ He's not that much into the community, but his tutorials were the first ones I saw for the fundies when I was new to PS.

8. Caranto
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 13:27:48

And where is vicgotgame?

9. Mats
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 15:50:14

Caranto wrote: And where is vicgotgame?
    http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=Vicgotgame

10. DArKT
    Date: Wed, Dec 28 2011 17:07:21

Peem as notable?Really? Peem revolucined the PS World with the Power tricks.there would be a extremelly change if he hadnt won WT09.