UPSB v4

Collaboration Videos / JapEn7th

1. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 15:29:49

[video=youtube;t0pL7uospOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pL7uospOM&feature=g-all-f&context=G2e8e0d0FAAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

2. Wish
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 15:35:31

Finally! 've been waiting for Musashi and sAku to appear in one of these!! >:D<

3. Soren
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 15:43:56

Aww, i was about to post this :(. Oh well. A wonderful collab, it is always a pleasure watching japanese spinners.

4. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 15:44:41

Don't you guys have Christmas eve dinner or something? Lol. I watched this while eating dinner. :p

5. Wish
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 15:46:08

Dinner at 11:45? Lololol. :D Anyway, Sister_R got filtered?

6. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 15:51:54

Pretty good, but not great. FPSB is going to absolutely own in the World Cup. Might be of some interest (shoutbox convo, to be read bottom to top):

Spoiler
    [1 Minute Ago 03:56 PM] fang : collabs, like Peem tribute, Taylor Swift collab and the new year collab [1 Minute Ago 03:56 PM] Mats : Well hopefully, with the mentoring and wiki improvements and hopefully more to come... UPSB will catch up again. [1 Minute Ago 03:56 PM] SPRiNGFiELD : honestly, the only way to make a straight down solid CV in UPSB is invitation-only [1 Minute Ago 03:56 PM] fang : But lets be honest, UPSB got alot of "fun [1 Minute Ago 03:55 PM] fang : Hmm, I UPSB had his best time... The good oldies are gone, and we have a few left.... it takes at least 2 years to come back in full world leven board. But if you ask me, JEB is going now into a dip!~ [1 Minute Ago 03:54 PM] Yamaguchi : and all those collabs,, I'm in there haha [2 Minutes Ago 03:54 PM] Xero : @SF: Going along with what Mats said, I can expect UPSB collabs to suck nuts. [2 Minutes Ago 03:54 PM] Yamaguchi : HAHAHAHAHHAHAA [1 Minute Ago 03:54 PM] Mats : Recent 'UPSB' collabs I have watched are Peem tribute, Taylor Swift collab and Vaan 1st and they are shit compared to japen 7th. [1 Minute Ago 03:53 PM] Yamaguchi : zunda uploaded japen7th too [1 Minute Ago 03:53 PM] SPRiNGFiELD : SPRiNGFiELD 2nd hehe [1 Minute Ago 03:52 PM] Mats : Honestly, ANY collab here on UPSB, if it takes the name UPSB Collab or if it is organised by pen spinners on here. [1 Minute Ago 03:52 PM] thebloodgod : or 4th ? [1 Minute Ago 03:52 PM] thebloodgod : talk about UPSB not UPSB 3rd? [1 Minute Ago 03:52 PM] Yamaguchi : chanpon too XD is filtered [2 Minutes Ago 03:52 PM] SPRiNGFiELD : but honestly though , its the names.. and the expectations people have for JEB [2 Minutes Ago 03:51 PM] SPRiNGFiELD : +1 mats [3 Minutes Ago 03:50 PM] Mats : lol if you guys think that collab is bad, what do you think of collabs on UPSB? Because that collab was way better than any UPSB collab for a long time. [3 Minutes Ago 03:50 PM] SPRiNGFiELD : ever since japen 4th content quality was downhill [4 Minutes Ago 03:49 PM] Ivabra : it's disappointing but not so bad

7. hichaminou
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 16:02:18

We can say Everything we want, but JEB 2nd, 3rd and 4th are, and will stay bests JEB collabs Ever. Why Turugi ? Why Kabu ? IMO, this is not an amazing Collab.

8. Wish
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 16:13:55

^Yes. Turugi and Kabu could have been replaced by Sister_R and Chan Pon. -_-

9. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 16:16:07

Not enough fascination. =/ I knew it was going to end up like this. No highlight at all, too balanced. The theme is also somewhat vague. I like that guy after HAL though, but his name was in japanese. :( Decent collab after all, but should have given me a better feeling than watching a bit more of an extraordinary JEB collab.

10. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 16:24:15

Enkronidus wrote: I like that guy after HAL though, but his name was in japanese.
    I thought EXACTLY the same. Haha He had a tidy combo man.

11. Tigres
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 16:37:00

his name is monacho, a REALLY old JEB star:D

12. poisoned
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 17:36:06

Really liked wanna, but I wish zunda was in this line up. Awesome collab though

13. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 17:38:22

Mats wrote: Pretty good, but not great. FPSB is going to absolutely own in the World Cup. Might be of some interest (shoutbox convo, to be read bottom to top):
    Spoiler
    Dude you're so pessimistic. Anyhow, JapEn 7th was amazing.

14. ChainBreak
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 17:50:01

mind's style :O

15. DArKT
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 18:00:26

I just missed ponnkotu and Messi -_- only i thought that Kengo was Kuzu?

16. wotu1
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 18:13:23

I know this was like, the new generation of jeb, but i miss them famous jeb peeps that made japen fuckin beastly. (i know they all cant be in this, itd just be nice to have at least 1 or 2 :/) But still, great collab though. Ease is still epic with his dr grip :D HAL is sosexy, and ocha was like an eyegasm style-wise

17. Sekai
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 18:15:51

I thought Menowa* was going to appear :c Anyway.. HAL♥ :3

18. casual
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 18:46:28

LOL all this disappointment was easy to call. xD Anyhow, I enjoyed this collab, especially HAL, Monatyo, ocha, and Irvine. :D

19. MickChickenn
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 18:48:47

ocha, HAL, and Ease stole the show. Other than that was just filler.

20. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 18:53:30

MickChickenn wrote: ocha, HAL, and Ease stole the show. Other than that was just filler.
    *cough* Monacho *cough*

21. King
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 20:16:28

Monatyo was beast. Kinda sad Sister_R got filtered. :(

22. Twine
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 22:00:46

Turugi had a really nice looking combo. Very unique. Irvine's combo was great. Monatyo's combo was super solid. I liked it.

23. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 22:00:50

Monatyo stood out the most for me, very nice linkages. Others that I personally found very nice were Ease, Joshin, turugi, ocha and mind. I have to say that everyone in this collab had his place though, unlike what others might think. I believe this is still a real JapEn collab, and not necessarily worse than the others. I really enjoyed watching it. :)

24. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 22:38:14

it was an ok collab. Mind and hal were my favs.

25. Vaan
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 00:52:05

it's somehow disappointing.... :facepalm:

26. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 03:31:25

Same issue with turugi in JEB 6th imo. Just realised, ippei's not in here as well. :/

27. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 03:35:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1mWL0He5yE&feature=youtu.be HQ edition :D all the combos were very solid, only thing anyone can really complain about is the lack of godly names imo.

28. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 04:20:27

Mats;162284]I thought EXACTLY the same. Haha He had a tidy combo man.[/QUOTE] Monacho actually did a copy of the whole JapEn 4th collab. [QUOTE=Zkhan;162302]Dude you're so pessimistic. [/QUOTE] The general attitude was that UPSB is the inferior board compared to JEB/KPSA/FPSB/GPC. However, that has changed in recent years because of notable spinners emerging (Baaron, shonenbatman). If Genesis had been active, I think that attitude would have been broken a long time ago. It also helps that there are new boards to take our underdog position from us (BRPSB, BSPC, IPSB, etc.) [QUOTE=DArKT wrote: only i thought that Kengo was Kuzu?
    Kengo is MUSASHI.

29. Van
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 04:27:51

SPRiNGFiELD wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1mWL0He5yE&feature=youtu.be HQ edition :D all the combos were very solid, only thing anyone can really complain about is the lack of godly names imo.
    why complain that the "legends" are missing? I mean sure everyone would love to see good old seven and kuzu spinning, but who knows if they're at the level to join JapEn? If they were in there would be the group of people complaining that they became bad blah blah blah (Encore : Arrival's a good example of this) Or if u meant the current pros, such as Mesi, Menowa* etc, you can't really complain if they didn't want to be a part of this and they didnt submit (if they did submit and got filtered, it's a different story x)) what's with the complains? y not just watch and accept it as it is? if, if people were to complain about this, the only reason I can possibly see is some people being filtered when the combo is clearly better than someone in the CV, but who can judge if one's combo is "clearly" better? *although I personally thought people that got filtered like sister_r, chanpon and imiga deserved to be in it

30. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 04:46:12

Mats wrote: *cough* Monacho *cough*
    Monacho?

31. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 04:56:54

XYZaki wrote: Kengo is MUSASHI.
    So?i just thought he was Kuzu =P

32. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 05:03:11

DArKT wrote: So?i just thought he was Kuzu =P
    Just wanted to clear any confusion.

33. Twine
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 05:11:15

Chobi wrote: Same issue with turugi in JEB 6th imo. Just realised, ippei's not in here as well. :/
    Turugi's combo was actually really nice. He has a wicked unique style which really stands out!

34. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 05:32:01

Twine i hope you're being sarcastic lol. OT: how do you mention people in posts? Sorry for my limited v4 knowledge lol

35. Elune
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 05:34:37

HAL, ocha stands out for most imo ... Personally Mocha(tyo) or (cho) wasn't so appealing to me ... And yes this collab is still missing smt =.=" I couldn't see any climax ... Where's Mesi anyway ? P/s : add "@" before the account name you want to mention ... @Chobi

36. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 06:05:04

poisoned wrote: Really liked wanna, but I wish zunda was in this line up. Awesome collab though
    zunda somehow helped/cooperated in this proj :P

37. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 06:31:51

Van wrote: why complain that the "legends" are missing? I mean sure everyone would love to see good old seven and kuzu spinning, but who knows if they're at the level to join JapEn? If they were in there would be the group of people complaining that they became bad blah blah blah (Encore : Arrival's a good example of this) Or if u meant the current pros, such as Mesi, Menowa* etc, you can't really complain if they didn't want to be a part of this and they didnt submit (if they did submit and got filtered, it's a different story x)) what's with the complains? y not just watch and accept it as it is? if, if people were to complain about this, the only reason I can possibly see is some people being filtered when the combo is clearly better than someone in the CV, but who can judge if one's combo is "clearly" better? *although I personally thought people that got filtered like sister_r, chanpon and imiga deserved to be in it
    not that i'm complaining, but seriously though, i am expecting all that discussion about old JEB being gone. bring it on, i know there will always be people bitching about that, ever since JapEn 5th ive seen that happening. while its true that the newer JapEn CVs will never shine as much as the early ones did, there is no reason to compare that imo. spinners come and go and thats life. JapEn 7th is still a solid collab but yes i have to agree with you that filtering was kinda fucked up.

38. poisoned
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 07:43:23

I'm glad there is as much hate on turugi this year, I mean his combo might not be super difficult, but spinning is what you make it and his style has a really relaxed and classy feel to it.

39. Aurora
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 07:45:18

Nice :D

40. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 08:18:14

poisoned wrote: I'm glad there is as much hate on turugi this year, I mean his combo might not be super difficult, but spinning is what you make it and his style has a really relaxed and classy feel to it.
    I have to admit that his combo this year is better than the one last time. Imo his "relaxed and classy" style shouldn't really be in a collab of this caliber. :/ He's a great spinner, we know that. But i just don't see it in JapEn 6th and 7th. No offence to turugi though.

41. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 09:42:03

Maybe they're giving their newer generation a go and saving the 'legends' for WC ? eh eh ?

42. YUi
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 09:53:58

No sister_r sosad

43. fang
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 10:32:21

SuiXidaL wrote: Maybe they're giving their newer generation a go and saving the 'legends' for WC ? eh eh ?
    That should be interesting..... But by saving the "legends" why is HAL in this collab?!~

44. Elune
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 10:56:03

So there could have been SOME problems with the filtering process ? =.=" I mean, wth Sister_R was not chosen ? His combo was incredibe =.="

45. Frip
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 18:10:24

I enjoyed it.

46. Quai
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 18:37:14

Hal and ocha we're the best here imo. It would be better if they didn't filter Sister_R and added mesi and Menowa* If they were in, it would give me a boner.

47. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 22:04:17

I like how people are all raging at sister_r isn't in. IMO meves combo should be in too but no.. It has to be sister_r. Frog~

48. King
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 22:38:12

Does anyone have the DL links to the JapEn 7th Wallpapers?

49. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Dec 26 2011 02:02:43

How come no one remembered Ponkotu?

50. XYZaki
    Date: Mon, Dec 26 2011 03:24:32

FrogPrinceXD wrote: IMO meves combo should be in too but no.. It has to be sister_r.
    +1. Meves has great control and smoothness. I didn't know Sister_R was that popular even. I guess I still think of him in his V1 days when his style was whatever.

51. Yamaguchi
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 13:16:37

Hippo2626 wrote: How come no one remembered Ponkotu?
    cause he's busy editing japen 7th mad? lol

52. aiman0802
    Date: Tue, Jan 3 2012 01:43:57

confused with irvine and HAL since irvine combo resembles HAL much.

53. Yamaguchi
    Date: Tue, Jan 3 2012 23:40:06

aiman0802 wrote: confused with irvine and HAL since irvine combo resembles HAL much.
    with the same setting

54. RaM
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 12:18:22

hal is so PRO! :)

55. xperryment
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 14:16:03

hmmmmm yup this collab is disappointing because we are expecting alot from jeb but still this is a descent collab

56. mhig
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 13:38:26

An awful lot of bashing on turugi.. My opinion on collabs like these are that they are representing the entire board; there ought to be a balance on the definition of 'caliber' or 'standards'. Putting turugi in, I thought, was a good idea in helping keep the balance out. His combo was simple and extremely clean which is a nice relief to the difficult-to-follow combos of other members in the collaboration. It may just be a matter of recognizing the many different aspects of pen spinning, but I think it is worthwhile to consider what makes a JEB collab a JEB collab; is it always a matter of new content? is it a matter of the same old content? is it a matter of balancing out both?

57. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 23:39:33

mhig wrote: An awful lot of bashing on turugi.. My opinion on collabs like these are that they are representing the entire board; there ought to be a balance on the definition of 'caliber' or 'standards'. Putting turugi in, I thought, was a good idea in helping keep the balance out. His combo was simple and extremely clean which is a nice relief to the difficult-to-follow combos of other members in the collaboration. It may just be a matter of recognizing the many different aspects of pen spinning, but I think it is worthwhile to consider what makes a JEB collab a JEB collab; is it always a matter of new content? is it a matter of the same old content? is it a matter of balancing out both?
    ahm, are you Turugi's bro or somethin?

58. Chobi
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:03:29

Yamaguchi wrote: ahm, are you Turugi's bro or somethin?
    Wrong meme. should be the "r u kidding me" or the ol' "LOL" meme. (sun) mhig is mhig, he's been here longer than 90% of the people here in UPSB, I'm sure he knows what he's saying. @mhig hi mhig! Haven't seen you post here since i came back ^_^

59. Yamaguchi
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:19:58

Chobi wrote: Wrong meme. should be the "r u kidding me" or the ol' "LOL" meme. (sun)
    oops