UPSB v4

Off-topic / Anybody do shuffling here?

1. spinford
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 03:46:54

SO yeah I learned shuffling a few years ago and now I am trying to improve more of my hand and body movements. Anybody here that shuffles? SO yeah I'm from toronto

2. Mats
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 03:53:16

I just use a riffle shuffle man. Sometimes I waterfall it. I'm not as good as my friend is at shuffling, but he's a magician.

3. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 03:56:59

I think Gisele does, since he listens to hardstyle. Might be wrong though -_-

4. Rapid
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 04:28:10

Twine. iirc

5. Ricercar
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 05:34:19

I shuffle.

6. boshi
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 05:35:04

i used to be a shuffler, until i took an arrow to the knee.

7. Jet.
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 06:33:32

apparently when i'm drunk i rip out some mad shuffling skills...so i guess i do shuffle

8. Rapid
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 07:01:16

boshi wrote: i used to be a shuffler, until i took an arrow to the knee.
    Fucking dragons

9. funnky
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 07:21:58

aint that dance for black people?

10. webspider
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 08:19:06

No, it's more the pasty white raving kids doing that. Like me when I'm on some underground party :hah:

11. Mike
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 08:44:41

spinford wrote: SO yeah I learned shuffling a few years ago and now I am trying to improve more of my hand and body movements. Anybody here that shuffles? SO yeah I'm from toronto
    Card shuffling? Or that stupid fucking B-Boy wannabe bullshit that faggots think it's fucking cool at raves? Because if it's the latter, you need to get that shit off this board. If it's not, well, I don't.

12. webspider
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 09:18:55

Short question: If you had to choose a solo dance style for electronic music, would you take jumpstyle, shuffle or something else (apart from having a seizure when a dubstep tune drops or just nodding your head/feet to the beat)?

13. Olji
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 10:16:39

I shuffle too, but usually mix it with simpler electro-moves and stuff, and mostly shuffle to trance and house (electro on occasion too, but I prefer to dance electro to that genre), but sometimes I (try) to shuffle to trancecore, and that goes... Not that good, I'm more of a slower shuffler. xD @Mike Most things these days are inspired by other things, hardstyle comes from trance and hardcore, brostep comes from dubstep etc. So if you hate something that takes inspiration from something else, then there must be pretty few things you like I'd say. I don't know if you're stereotyping about shuffle right now, but most good shuffler use the dance to express themselves to the music. I'm not saying all shufflers do that, there's quite a lot of the type that are: "Hardstyle shuffle FUCK YEAH!" and think they're cool as hell, while they're heelflicking and not really doing the Hardstyle Shuffle, but the Melbourne Shuffle. (The correct term for them? TB.)

14. chris
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 13:51:21

Only the LMFAO shuffle.

15. spinford
    Date: Sun, Dec 11 2011 14:16:10

I prefer the melbourne shuffle old school style. Well shuffling there is no format. Everyone has their own style. I like doing the c walk and variations on it

16. Yanos
    Date: Mon, Dec 12 2011 13:18:50

tip - never wear tight skinny jean pants for shuffling

17. sangara
    Date: Mon, Dec 12 2011 23:25:30

The Melbourne Shuffle is now dead, just letting you know.

18. Vassenato
    Date: Mon, Dec 12 2011 23:27:07

sangara wrote: The Melbourne Shuffle is now dead, just letting you know.
    this

19. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Dec 13 2011 01:44:36

The hustle is the real thing now.

20. Mike
    Date: Tue, Dec 13 2011 02:17:07

Olji wrote: @Mike Most things these days are inspired by other things, hardstyle comes from trance and hardcore, brostep comes from dubstep etc.
    So?
    So if you hate something that takes inspiration from something else, then there must be pretty few things you like I'd say.
    No.
    I don't know if you're stereotyping about shuffle right now, but most good shuffler use the dance to express themselves to the music. I'm not saying all shufflers do that, there's quite a lot of the type that are: "Hardstyle shuffle FUCK YEAH!" and think they're cool as hell, while they're heelflicking and not really doing the Hardstyle Shuffle, but the Melbourne Shuffle. (The correct term for them? TB.)
    I'm talking about shufflers in general. At least b-boying had different moves and a whole lot of different styles in general. So called "shufflers" are just jumping idiots.

21. Olji
    Date: Tue, Dec 13 2011 14:01:10

Mike wrote: I'm talking about shufflers in general.
    Shufflers in general? You're talking about the kind of shufflers you find when you search "Melbourne shuffle" on youtube?
    At least b-boying had different moves and a whole lot of different styles in general. So called "shufflers" are just jumping idiots.
    Shuffle does have a fair amount of styles as well, maybe not as many as b-boying have(I don't know much about b-boying), but still a good variety. And about moves, the melbourne shuffle just consist of the t-step, so it's fairly repetive, sure, but most people borrows moves from other dances and use their arms more to give their dance a personal touch. Jumping idiots? Are you talking about certain steps in shuffle?

22. spinford
    Date: Wed, Dec 14 2011 02:03:24

sangara wrote: The Melbourne Shuffle is now dead, just letting you know.
    seriously there is a forum where we talk and gather around. XD Guess what the world champion shuffle takes place at russia this year! Now seriously we are not jumping idiots but the style is completly different from most styles like breakdancing For me I'm like an oldschool melbourne shuffler. The style is repetitive

23. Twine
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 04:11:22

spinford wrote: seriously there is a forum where we talk and gather around. XD Guess what the world champion shuffle takes place at russia this year! Now seriously we are not jumping idiots but the style is completly different from most styles like breakdancing For me I'm like an oldschool melbourne shuffler. The style is repetitive
    Coming from a guy who can actually not shuffle like a retard, shuffling is dead bro haha. Look up freestep

24. spinford
    Date: Sat, Dec 17 2011 20:58:16

[video=youtube;uPAzgLYmguA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAzgLYmguA[/video] @Twine I melbourne shuffle. We have shuffle gatherings! XD well there is a compilation of the best shufflers currently in 2010! I think the population is decreasing. Freestep is like a new version of shuffling but original melbourne shuffle is what I do XD

25. Olji
    Date: Sun, Dec 18 2011 18:51:59

In that vid I can only see hardstyle and nustyle shuffle... Original melbourne shuffle is more like this: [video=youtube;3uQi9ySyqL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQi9ySyqL0[/video] But I actually agree a bit, shuffle is kinda dead, not that many is really dancing it anymore, but the forums is still living, and they get new members every once in a while, probably since the party rock anthem thing got popular.

26. webspider
    Date: Mon, Dec 19 2011 17:55:23

Somehow the original shuffle reminds me of this guy dancing to Parov Stelar in a suit: [video=youtube;twqM56f_cVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqM56f_cVo[/video]

27. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Dec 19 2011 19:46:59

Afaik Mel. Shuffle was created by linking the T-Step and the Running Man. And as it was created in Melbourne it was called Mel. Shuffle. I think shuffling got some attention again after the lmfao song, but it also led to a lot of people doing their wannabe shuffling instead of hardstyle which looks a lot better imo. D: [video=youtube;4tma4Ng6jDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tma4Ng6jDs&feature=related[/video] Look at Mikki. That's style !

28. Olji
    Date: Tue, Dec 20 2011 07:39:16

ChainBreak wrote: Afaik Mel. Shuffle was created by linking the T-Step and the Running Man. And as it was created in Melbourne it was called Mel. Shuffle. I think shuffling got some attention again after the lmfao song, but it also led to a lot of people doing their wannabe shuffling instead of hardstyle which looks a lot better imo. D: [video=youtube;4tma4Ng6jDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tma4Ng6jDs&feature=related[/video] Look at Mikki. That's style !
    Melbourne shuffle was originally T-step only, running man got added after a while for some reason, I don't know what that reason was. And just so you know, "hardstyle" shuffle (Youtube shuffle, Nu-style shuffle and TB-shuffle is other names) is also wannabee shuffle, many starts shuffle that way, but develops an own style when they realize that it's more appealing with a unique style. Most stops with the excessive spinning and mixes the dance with other moves. This guy mixes in electro moves in his dance, although many says it's a bit too wavy and makes it look like he looses his balance from time to time. So yeah, the shuffle you linked isn't hardstyle shuffle. Here's a description about what Hardstyle shuffle is: [QUOTE="txpc, Melbshuffle.com"]Cross over running mans, stalls, stall spins, an actual whole foot stomp, arm movements are more rigged and cut. upper body is more stiff and neck bops forward and backwards. the transition is alot different.[/QUOTE] Which looks something like this: [video=youtube;sIwdxll519Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwdxll519Y[/video] Although I have to be honest, sometime I like to look at nu-style shuffle, but most other styles is more appealing in general.

29. spinford
    Date: Wed, Dec 21 2011 01:34:07

Yeah melbourne shuffle evolved to hard style so yes there is stomping on the ground

30. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Dec 21 2011 20:09:28

Dunno if I understood you correctly so sorry if I'm mistaken anywhere. I can't remember implying that the shuffle in the video was hardstyle shuffle. I wrote that for me that is a nice style to dance. If that was badly phrased I'm sorry for that. For me the shuffle Mikki is doing looks a lot better than what the guy's doing in the video you posted. For me that seemingly effortless gliding is what the most appealing way to shuffle. And I gotta disagree with the style that was shown in the video I posted being restrictive. There are a lot of different styles inside that "nu-style", because everyone has another way of doing their kicks and spins and stuff. So I'll stick to the "nu-style" because for me that's a lot more appealing and it's a great deal of fun. So I don't care about it being some weird wannabe shuffle. It's Hardstyle, beacuse I dance it to Hardstyle music duh ! xP

31. Olji
    Date: Thu, Dec 22 2011 18:48:38

ChainBreak;161561]Dunno if I understood you correctly so sorry if I'm mistaken anywhere. I can't remember implying that the shuffle in the video was hardstyle shuffle. I wrote that for me that is a nice style to dance. If that was badly phrased I'm sorry for that. For me the shuffle Mikki is doing looks a lot better than what the guy's doing in the video you posted. For me that seemingly effortless gliding is what the most appealing way to shuffle. And I gotta disagree with the style that was shown in the video I posted being restrictive. There are a lot of different styles inside that "nu-style", because everyone has another way of doing their kicks and spins and stuff. So I'll stick to the "nu-style" because for me that's a lot more appealing and it's a great deal of fun. So I don't care about it being some weird wannabe shuffle. It's Hardstyle, beacuse I dance it to Hardstyle music duh ! xP[/QUOTE] It was this that made me think that you meant hardstyle shuffle: [QUOTE=ChainBreak wrote: but it also led to a lot of people doing their wannabe shuffling instead of hardstyle which looks a lot better imo. D:
    But nevermind that, I'm the one in the wrong there for misunderstanding it. I didn't tell you to stop with it, just wanted to clarify what hardstyle shuffle was, dancing to hardstyle music doesn't make it to hardstyle shuffle though, it's the way you dance it that makes it hardstyle shuffle, making the illusion of dancing hard that is. Everyone got their own taste of dances, I remember I was a big fan of Nu-style shuffle before, but I like pretty much everything right now. (Electro, shuffle, jumpstyle, DnB, tutting... Everything) I never said it was restrictive did I? I don't know where you got that from, but I didn't say it nor did I want it to be interpreted like that, sorry if it did, not meant to. The effortless gliding is indeed very appealing I agree, but I look at other things too when watching a dance, but it's like I said before, everyone got their own taste, you can do your Nu-style, I can do my House-ish electro hybrid, I won't complain, nor would you (I hope), we both dance to express our feelings to the music and no one should listen to what the other one says about how it looks, it's what you think is fun and no one else should take that from you, just wanted you to understand the irony when you called some other style a wannabee shuffle. I repeat once again since it may have become lost in all the other text: dance what you want, don't care about what other thinks about it (including me), you're the one who chooses what you want to do, wannabee or not, you enjoy it, don't you?

32. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Dec 22 2011 19:34:21

Well still show's I misunderstood you! hahaha Anyways just as you said let's just dance ~

33. spinford
    Date: Sun, Dec 25 2011 22:54:17

[video=youtube;bRrn9SYX3ZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrn9SYX3ZI[/video]