UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Regular Pen Bleeds at the Tip

1. Alucard
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 18:50:42

Ok so I'm using the Pilot Precision V5 Retractable pen. I've been pen flipping every chance I get at school today. When I clicked it during 4th hour to write with it, there was a bunch of ink pooled at the tip. Is there anything I can do to stop that? I like this pen and often use it to write and pen spin, but this might be a big problem. I can't just pen flip less often, because now that I can pen flip well I'm addicted to doing it. Anyone got any advice?

2. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 19:01:13

Remove the inktube when you spin it?

3. Soren
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 19:01:13

pen flip lol, the first i heard that

4. Mufoofee
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 19:07:58

It happens to most pens. The reason is because the little tiny ball at the end needs to be at the exact location otherwise it gives to little ink or it gives out too much, in your case, too much. There is nothing you can really do, just deal with it I guess clean it out often. Sorry. <_< Same thing happens to me with my R.S.V.P.

5. DArKT
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 20:14:55

oh,i can help you: PEN SPINNING,not pen flipping lol I ussually put some paper in the inktune end.. it helps little

6. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 20:39:58

Welcome to Universal Pen Flipping Board, also known as UPFB. Frog~

7. Gash
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 20:41:47

"Pen flip" with another pen or pencil. The posts above are really helpful. Just putting it out there, as Alvaris said, removing the ink tube. IMO it's the best way to solve this problem. But the thing is then you can't write with the pen. So the next best option really is to just "flip" and not drop the pen as often, not saying that you drop it a lot. But dropping the pen increases the chances of the ink tube exploding. From my own experience. P.S Damn "Pen flip" is a funny term.

8. gyrobius
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 23:20:02

You could probably guess what I'm going to say. Damn. Pen flip.

9. Eruption
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 23:58:44

Just take the inktube out when you're "pen flipping"

10. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 01:02:03

Alucard wrote: I've been pen [B]flipping[/B] every chance I get at school today.
    Don't.........just DON'T. :facepalm:

11. PREDATORNET
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 07:02:05

Oh god, he sounds like my social studies teacher. "STOP THAT DAMN PEN FLIPPING!" He actually banned us from all mechanical pencils and any pencil/pen longer than 15 cm -_-

12. Gash
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 07:13:39

PREDATORNET wrote: Oh god, he sounds like my social studies teacher. "STOP THAT DAMN PEN FLIPPING!" He actually banned us from all mechanical pencils and any pencil/pen longer than 15 cm -_-
    Lmao all mechanical pencils? You can still pen flip like a pro with Dr Grips and Airfits ^.^

13. PREDATORNET
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 07:46:18

Gash wrote: Lmao all mechanical pencils? You can still pen flip like a pro with Dr Grips and Airfits ^.^
    Yeap, all of them. He made us all use shortened wood pencils, and If he heard one *thunk* in the middle of class, BOOM there goes my pen mod, never to be seen again. He's a really nice teacher though. On topic: Best way is to take out the ink. Or, you could just refrain from dropping it XD

14. Mufoofee
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 18:16:58

Now that I see this thread coenm back up I must say, "pen flipping," makes me laugh. :D It is worse term than "Pen Twirling," IMO.

15. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 21:42:21

wow stupid bitches trying to making fun of a new guy. my friend said pen flipping. there's nothing wrong with that. Peem actually flip the pen, not exactly spinning it. making fun of everything..nerds these days...

16. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 21:55:47

He's in a pen SPINNING board yet calling it pen FLIPPING Also, I'm pretty sure ur friend doesn't come on UPSB or all his ps knowledge is just wrong. Peem 'flips' his mod, but he doesn't call it pen flipping Frog~

GeeGeeGee wrote: wow stupid bitches trying to making fun of a new guy. my friend said pen flipping. there's nothing wrong with that. Peem actually flip the pen, not exactly spinning it. making fun of everything..nerds these days...

17. Colin
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 23:39:24

OP, IIRC, those are [color=red]gel[/color] pens. Gel pens are sensative to penflipping and sorts, and arent used much in modding. No Im not stupid, your pen is unmodded, I know. My point is, gel tends to run, kinda like water on a table. It isnt viscose, so itll slosh around.

18. Red Zone
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 00:17:57

Hey @PREDATORNET a teacher is only allowed to take something away for the week and have to give it back on the weekend

19. PREDATORNET
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 00:44:21

Red Zone wrote: Hey @PREDATORNET a teacher is only allowed to take something away for the week and have to give it back on the weekend
    uh... no they don't...? They can always just take it, keep it, and go, oh I lost it, or "oh, I thought I gave it back" even though they didn;t. It's not like you can go crying to the principal about it either. You're disrupting class and making it tough for people to concentrate.

20. Soren
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 09:56:10

Is pen bleed the correct term for this?

21. phinamthi
    Date: Sat, Dec 3 2011 20:52:48

Supergirl wrote: Is pen bleed the correct term for this?
    "Exploding" can be the term, but it's the wrong side