UPSB v4

Battlezone / Dris vs. Pixels

1. Dris
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 21:41:41

@Pixels [video=youtube;XkAd265RcwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkAd265RcwY&feature=player_embedded[/video] Really, I'm being rather pessimistic and it's dragging me down. I sound obnoxious when i say I lose. So I'll just say good luck. Anyways! People vote and give criticism! EDIT: IGNORE ONE OF THE VOTES FOR ME! I ACCIDENTALLY VOTED FOR MYSELF. SERIOUSLY, WTH, STUPID COMPUTER. FAIL. This makes me look like such a narcissist. Score as of now would be 14/17 in Pixels favor. not 15.

2. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 23:00:26

own? nah. ur style is ..... speechless. you got from no style to NICE style. omg i think the next couple months. you'll be like thebloodgod. idk you have creativity. i can't vote bcuz im busy right now. when i get back i'll decide who i'd pick for. good job for both!!

3. Dris
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 23:28:25

GeeGeeGee wrote: own? nah. ur style is ..... speechless. you got from no style to NICE style. omg i think the next couple months. you'll be like thebloodgod. idk you have creativity. i can't vote bcuz im busy right now. when i get back i'll decide who i'd pick for. good job for both!!
    Haha, I assume the first part is for me. Lol. And thanks for the words of praise! I still have a long way to go but I hope to keep on improving!

4. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 23:43:46

yes it's for you Dris. im pretty surprise when i saw ur spinning. new angle and style. did i subscribe to ur channel? how come i don't see this this vid.

5. Dris
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 23:47:00

GeeGeeGee wrote: yes it's for you Dris. im pretty surprise when i saw ur spinning. new angle and style. did i subscribe to ur channel? how come i don't see this this vid.
    Haha, all right. And really? It's been the same for the last three videos - the angle at least. [Though it might vary slightly from each video.] Well, I have no idea if you did or not, but I THINK you did. But I have no idea why you don't see it haha. Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Durrmolimpin?feature=mhee @GeeGeeGee Edit: Also, that was the mod from the SOYP that you said I should make a video of.

6. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 00:28:44

I prefer Dris's angle and cam quality and the combo was decent. Pixel's combo seemed pretty fast and crazy but the camera was a bit too far away and I couldn't really see everything in great detail not to mention the cam quality could be better.. (I'm a hypocrite) Anyways +1 Dris for being more comfortable to watch lol :D

7. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 00:51:43

Wobster wrote: I prefer Dris's angle and cam quality and the combo was decent. Pixel's combo seemed pretty fast and crazy but the camera was a bit too far away and I couldn't really see everything in great detail not to mention the cam quality could be better.. (I'm a hyprocrite) Anyways +1 Dris for being more comfortable to watch lol :D
    Thanks for the feedback? =D

8. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 00:59:09

no probs

9. jet
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 01:11:06

I like Dris's style and angle mucho. Very appealing to watch. Pixel did a good job being smooth , but it was just really fast and i didn't like the angle...so +1 Dris

10. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 01:14:17

jet wrote: I like Dris's style and angle mucho. Very appealing to watch. Pixel did a good job being smooth , but it was just really fast and i didn't like the angle...so +1 Dris
    Thanks for the feedback! =]

11. Dakrowl
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 04:04:32

if you see carefully at pixels combo you'll see a higher difficulty in it. And it is much smoother. appealing will be going to Dris. You just need to be smoother and work on your linkages to make your combo good. Anyway good job To both of you. Mah vote goes to pixels

12. YUi
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 04:19:28

Whoa Dris, when i saw your first battle, i was meh... but im like holy shit he's good now (: Really nice improvement. Work on style though (: And you're aiming for slow spinning? Nice job. But i still voted for Pixels cause of his difficulty level which is higher and he had more links.

13. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 04:42:58

YUi wrote: Whoa Dris, when i saw your first battle, i was meh... but im like holy shit he's good now (: Really nice improvement. Work on style though (: And you're aiming for slow spinning? Nice job. But i still voted for Pixels cause of his difficulty level which is higher and he had more links.
    Haha, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, comparatively, my style has been starting to develop a lot recently. I hope to get a good medium speed spin style or whatnot. I donno what to call it. We'll see how far I can get. =]

14. YUi
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 05:43:09

Find a person whoose style you like and start to learn from it. Improvise and come up with new stuff and you'll have your own style (:

15. Quake
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 05:44:40

So close..yet so far. Good Combo Dris and Pixels :)

16. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 06:16:11

YUi wrote: Find a person whoose style you like and start to learn from it. Improvise and come up with new stuff and you'll have your own style (:
    I have. that's exactly what i have already been doing. =D And thanks DJSpin!

17. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 06:19:05

YUi wrote: Find a person whoose style you like and start to learn from it. Improvise and come up with new stuff and you'll have your own style (:
    YEAH THIS!!! STEAL ALL DA STYLES!!! *starts copying YUi's combos, camera angle, hand movements, peace sign...* :trollface: LOL U MAD???

18. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 06:21:02

Wobster wrote: YEAH THIS!!! STEAL ALL DA STYLES!!! *starts copying YUi's combos, camera angle, hand movements, peace sign...* :trollface: LOL U MAD???
    O_O > o_o > ._.

19. YUi
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 06:22:20

Lol i would be honoured if you look up to me liddat. Not mad (: But im not worth copying LOl

20. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 06:25:26

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YUi's linkages!!! I can't break any of them!!! D: *quits penspinning.. starts raging like a umad-er.. goes on killing spree.. lolwut how did I get inside these bars..*

21. Abyss
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 07:06:02

woots @Dris looks like your starting to develope style, AND Y NO TRIPLE HAITUA AT THE END !? :trollface:

22. Pixels
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 07:11:22

lol dris i like ur linkages... im pretty aware that my angle sucks coz my tripod is broken. furthermore alot ppl tell me i nid to change my angle bcoz i do alot of hand movements and it goes off cam. i think dris won

23. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 07:12:33

Abyss wrote: woots @Dris looks like your starting to develope style, AND Y NO TRIPLE HAITUA AT THE END !? :trollface:
    Is the combo finisher the only thing you look at? :trollface:

24. Pixels
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 07:15:54

@GeeGeeGee could u recommend me an angle? thx :)

25. Abyss
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 07:45:08

Wobster wrote: Is the combo finisher the only thing you look at? :trollface:
    no i look at his mod as well, it looks a lot like a springfield sc o.o with a clip lol

26. gyrobius
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 08:01:32

I'd say my vote goes for Pixels. His combo was a little... sexier. Yeah. I know I'm not helpful.

27. Mats
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 14:28:54

Wobster wrote: Is the combo finisher the only thing you look at? :trollface:
    I think this is actually true of some pen spinners or at least, if they don't look only at the finish tricks, it has a majorly inbalanced affect on they view the entire combo.

28. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 14:56:58

Pixels wrote: @GeeGeeGee could u recommend me an angle? thx :)
    Since you are right-handed, then put your camera to the left. I tape my camera to the wall LOL. I don't have tripod either. I just have one angle and think it looks pretty good. It depends I think. Idk if the angle will suit your style. SO try to tape your camera using duct tape. If you have question then ask me. I'll take a picture of my "unipod" :]

29. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 16:20:03

@Pixels What I did was tape my iPod to something that was to the right of me and angled it downwards slightly using a notecard lol. Yeah, I know, I need a tripod. And despite all that, look at that. You're still winning. =P

Abyss wrote: no i look at his mod as well, it looks a lot like a springfield sc o.o with a clip lol
    And it is kind of like a Springfield sc replica lol. But the cap is a RSVP, I don't think he uses an RSVP.

30. Abyss
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 16:47:12

Dris wrote: @Pixels What I did was tape my iPod to something that was to the right of me and angled it downwards slightly using a notecard lol. Yeah, I know, I need a tripod. And despite all that, look at that. You're still winning. =P And it is kind of like a Springfield sc replica lol. But the cap is a RSVP, I don't think he uses an RSVP.
    lolwhut i didnt get a notif for that quote o.o back to topic, lol he uses a g3 :p <3 ur style, needs to develop more :) i wanna battle with you someday as well :D

31. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 16:59:43

Abyss wrote: lolwhut i didnt get a notif for that quote o.o back to topic, lol he uses a g3 :p <3 ur style, needs to develop more :) i wanna battle with you someday as well :D
    Haha, i never get notifications for quotes that often any more. It's weird. And yeah I know. =D Thanks, haha I'll keep working on it! And maybe some day in the future, when we're both better. =P

32. Mats
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 22:56:47

@Dris You asked for some constructive critique, so... Try to have the camera a little further away if you're filming tricks that are likely to go off camera. Practice the combo a little more to increase the smoothness and learn some harder tricks.

33. Dris
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 22:58:17

Mats wrote: @Dris You asked for some constructive critique, so... Try to have the camera a little further away if you're filming tricks that are likely to go off camera. Practice the combo a little more to increase the smoothness and learn some harder tricks.
    Thanks for taking the time to give feedback! And yeah, camera I'll try to move it back a little, we'll see how that goes next time i film. And I will try to practice more, but it's not like I can't do it perfectly off camera. That was just my BEST on film take. =______= And I shall work on learning harder tricks. Thanks!

34. Wobster
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 02:49:19

This is one helluva battle - one of you is gonna win by a small margin. :D

35. Dris
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 02:54:22

Wobster wrote: This is one helluva battle - one of you is gonna win by a small margin. :D
    I don't think that many more people with votes. Really, this is way more votes than I already thought would be. I think Pixels might just win here. With the gap widening. I think he wins.

36. Pixels
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 04:58:21

Dris wrote: I don't think that many more people with votes. Really, this is way more votes than I already thought would be. I think Pixels might just win here. With the gap widening. I think he wins.
    I really feel that you should win... I didn't really put much effort in this combo and furthermore u have better linkages and smoother spinning ...

37. Dris
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 19:24:31

Pixels wrote: I really feel that you should win... I didn't really put much effort in this combo and furthermore u have better linkages and smoother spinning ...
    Haha, not really. I didn't put that much into it either. It was kind of spammy and it was a FS. And if you look closely at yours, you have some pretty nice links and yours is fast AND smooth. Maybe not to the point you want it to be, but nonetheless, it IS smooth to some degree.

38. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 23:39:54

i pick dris. he has style. pixels you should work on ur style. i see just peen like spinning here sorry.

39. Dris
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 23:41:44

GeeGeeGee wrote: i pick dris. he has style. pixels you should work on ur style. i see just peen like spinning here sorry.
    Ah, thanks for the feedback. =] @Pixels Hehe, at this point, really, unless a crapload of people come and randomly vote, I think you win this. Good job. =]

40. SA1
    Date: Wed, Dec 14 2011 16:18:33

+1 Dris for style, presentation, and flow

41. Dris
    Date: Wed, Dec 14 2011 21:07:08

SA1 wrote: +1 Dris for style, presentation, and flow
    Lol, thank you. Technically, this is closed though. Lol.