UPSB v4

Board Comments / What would make UPSB better?

1. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:15:36

I made a poll, so this could be anon. What would make UPSB better for you? You can choose more than one option... MOD EDIT: Please note that this poll is not anonymous.

2. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:23:44

We should focus towards becoming a board like JEB imo. Strict moderating so instead of having a bunch of conversations on sex and drugs everything stays focused on spinning which will equal to better quality of spinners. I say keep one thread for off-topic discussions. Its a pen spinning board, pen spinning should be the focus here not some random topics.

3. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:30:42

Btw, your poll is not anonymous.

4. Abyss
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:37:10

Its actually all linked, higher level spinners would likely mean better World Cup/World Tournament performances which will also mean more people will be intrested and join upsb. Which would need more moderating and moderators to take care of the board. i currently think that upsb has really little activities :/

5. snoopy1218
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:54:37

TheAafg: im the downgraded verison of you! anyhow, agreeing with Aafg. i dont like seeing random discussions leading to dicks and stuff...

6. suppyfezzy
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 05:58:14

agreed

7. iColor
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:01:36

UPSB is fine. It just needs more time.

8. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:11:15

iColor wrote: UPSB is fine. It just needs more time.
    It is one of the oldest boards...

9. iColor
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:16:56

Of course, but it's also ever-so-evolving. It has it's own definined cycles though. We're just in a low point right now. I don't want be just waiting around for something to happen, but that's the case for UPSB (at least for right now).

10. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 06:22:49

TheAafg wrote: We should focus towards becoming a board like JEB imo. Strict moderating so instead of having a bunch of conversations on sex and drugs everything stays focused on spinning which will equal to better quality of spinners. I say keep one thread for off-topic discussions. Its a pen spinning board, pen spinning should be the focus here not some random topics.
    This guy answered this thread

11. Van
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 07:18:35

TheAafg wrote: We should focus towards becoming a board like JEB imo. Strict moderating so instead of having a bunch of conversations on sex and drugs everything stays focused on spinning which will equal to better quality of spinners. I say keep one thread for off-topic discussions. Its a pen spinning board, pen spinning should be the focus here not some random topics.
    notice that JEB is pretty much dead cuz of that, and has a secondary forum where all the flaming and trolling is

12. gyrobius
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 08:10:52

I chose Better World Cup/World Tournament performances More higher level spinners More moderators More strict moderating & More members.

13. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 12:40:15

Less newbies from Singapore, Malaysia ad Philippines making shit threads. Yes, i deliberately singled out those three.

14. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 12:45:52

iColor wrote: UPSB is fine. It just needs more time.
    Althought what you said is somewhat true, there are other problems. It is supposed to be a cycle, older spinners re-tire and newer spinners replace them however many members are joining other boards such as LPSA instead of replacing UPSB's oldies. I completely agree with you that it needs to time, but even at its peak UPSB has never been better than boards like JEB.

15. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 13:58:49

I'm with iColor for this. UPSB is fine as it is right now. Frog~

16. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 14:37:18

TheAafg wrote: I completely agree with you that it needs to time, but even at its peak UPSB has never been better than boards like JEB.
    I think www.pentrix.com/upsb2 was actually at least on a par with JEB back then.

17. Euphoria
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 14:51:36

Less trolls who thinks they are all good .

18. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 15:10:06

more newbies so they can annoy the old members. like 80% of all members mod instead of spin. i spin but bboy and school and basketball have keeping me busy. making combos are like making half court shots. i choose modding cuz i like my creation. we need some good spinners. to inspire newbies. i need more hope to keep me spinning. I think we should make a collab for the new guys so they could have some motivation to spin. some one like thebloodgod should do it.

19. Soren
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 15:58:26

less flaming and arguements would make this board a more user friendly forum :)

20. Reason
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 16:03:51

i would say that we need more devoted spinners. i dont mind newbs as long as they try to improve their skills and make goals, but people who dont bother to go beyond learning fingerpass and thumbaround dont seem to be cut out for pen spinning boards. this is an exaggeration of course, but all the same, the people who troll more than spin push more than just my buttons. No matter what happens though, i love upsb and i could still live with it as is.

21. Vaan
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 16:11:29

SuiXidaL wrote: Less newbies from Singapore, Malaysia ad Philippines making shit threads. Yes, i deliberately singled out those three.
    at least you're talking about making threads. <_<

22. Abyss
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 16:25:44

Reason wrote: i would say that we need more devoted spinners. i dont mind newbs as long as they try to improve their skills and make goals, but people who dont bother to go beyond learning fingerpass and thumbaround dont seem to be cut out for pen spinning boards. this is an exaggeration of course, but all the same, the people who troll more than spin push more than just my buttons. No matter what happens though, i love upsb and i could still live with it as is.
    ^ totally agree

23. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 16:30:40

Abyss wrote: ^ totally agree
    This seems to be what the votes are reflecting too.

24. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 00:37:20

I'd say what we need is more members devoted to spinning the spinning side of things on the forum. What would help this is probably members who would contribute to the forum and for now more strict moderating. I think when this culture is established, more higher level spinners will come up and we'll perform better in WT/WC.

25. Mats
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 00:44:42

I actually reckon a new round of Eso-like tutorials for new tricks might help. Any takers?

26. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 01:26:08

Perhaps this should help? :/ I organized a tournament to promote spinning but there is a limit as to how much I can do. @FrogPrinceXD this good?

27. Mats
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 01:28:52

@TheAafg. Very poor choice of colour. Red is the worst colour to use to calm someone. Try a soft blue or green.

28. Quake
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 01:44:02

i think upsb needs higher lvl spinners. we've got some good spinners, no doubt, but very few pro spinners. with the loss of vic, its a pretty crushing blow. and to get higher spinners, we need more focus on spinning, while keeping upsb the same chill place at the same time. feel?

29. Red Zone
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 02:37:48

I'm new to pen spinning but i think there should be a group of pro's kinda like mentoring teaching others spinners till they get better so there will be less noobs

30. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 02:53:28

@TheAafg damn that feels much better and pleasant to view.

31. Mats
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 07:27:01

@TheAafg - What is wrong with blend tools. You could start making a much nicer image with this kinda stuff. For example: I mean, I threw that together in 2 minutes, you could make a way nice stay calm thing (or keep calm).

32. Wisp
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 23:50:11

Other Less scumbags and really anal people. UPSB just winds me up.