UPSB v4

Presentation / Cutting during a combo

1. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 00:27:52

Take for example this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8 He cuts AWAY from sequences to another filming of it at another angle. Why do pen spinners never do this?

2. Pen Ninja
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 00:54:32

i toyed with it a little bit... ultimately the combo was crap, both angles were crap and i got lazy with editing the problem here is that during a fast paced combo, changing angles can cause you to lose track of where the pen is and you should never detract from a combo for the sake of being gimmicky

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 01:05:02

[video=youtube;6wT2sPpbY9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wT2sPpbY9k[/video] Made this a long time ago. I've had a lot of ideas on this topic I wanna' try out soon.

4. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 01:06:57

Hippo2626 wrote: I've had a lot of ideas on this topic I wanna' try out soon.
    Oh sorry, you were no meant to post here, you see, my name is becoming first in all sections of the main forum. You posting here ruins that. =/

5. Danny116
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 02:51:35

@Mats: isnt it a tad bit rude to tell someone that they are not meant to post here....when its clearly a public forum...and a public thread....... :?

6. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 03:47:58

penspinning is not the kind of thing that you can do this with.. the movements are very intricate and transition between tricks in combos is very fast.it requires a certain degree of attention to grasp the difficulty and level of a combo by looking. moving the angles around would make this more difficult. cutting angles is better for forms of manipulation meant to 'dazzle' where as PS is more of an outlet for creativity and skill

7. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 04:34:32

Stare wrote: penspinning is not the kind of thing that you can do this with.. the movements are very intricate and transition between tricks in combos is very fast.it requires a certain degree of attention to grasp the difficulty and level of a combo by looking. moving the angles around would make this more difficult. cutting angles is better for forms of manipulation meant to 'dazzle' where as PS is more of an outlet for creativity and skill
    /disagree

8. gyrobius
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 04:55:31

Mats wrote: Oh sorry, you were no meant to post here, you see, my name is becoming first in all sections of the main forum. You posting here ruins that. =/
    I agree.

9. King
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 09:38:32

The reason people dont do this is because they dont have multiple cameras to use... I think? Or they arent consistent enough to do something like this.

10. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 00:20:35

you can do something simple. with only 2 cameras.Why not?

11. Soren
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 16:50:57

Mats wrote: Oh sorry, you were no meant to post here, you see, my name is becoming first in all sections of the main forum. You posting here ruins that. =/
    :facepalm:

12. gyrobius
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 22:04:53

I think one reason spinners don't do this often is because they don't always have two "good" cameras at their disposal.

13. iFL
    Date: Thu, Dec 8 2011 09:28:41

It will obviously look cooler depends on the condition.

14. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 22:28:16

It's cheating because if you are to do a hard combo, you can just do each stage, it's kinda like editing a combo to make it better. Subtracts from your skill level.

15. funnky
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 19:46:11

or maybe because combos are not 3 min long

16. taichi1082
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 21:09:11

Mats wrote: /disagree
    He is right though. It is difficult enough to watch someone like Mesi or Supawit from one fixed angle. Doing cuts would not make it more interesting (like with other kinds of juggling) but rather more confusing.

17. Lito
    Date: Mon, Apr 2 2012 20:38:31

if the combo is too hard u can just cut past the hard part which is kinda like cheating to show only the good parts i guess thats why people haven't really done it in the past